Poll: Does your faction lose "nearly every" BG?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    This whole threat is nonsense. A while ago a found http://www.wow-stats.info/ showing that win rates are fairly equal for horde and alliance. For today it says 51:49% horde vs alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by JackoC View Post
    This whole threat is nonsense. A while ago a found http://www.wow-stats.info/ showing that win rates are fairly equal for horde and alliance. For today it says 51:49% horde vs alliance.
    That's only because it averaged together all BGs. Alliance wins in AV/IoC, horde wins most everywhere else.

So, horde can blacklist the two they lose in, but unless alliance specifically queue for their little BG ghetto, they are stuck mostly being in BGs they will lose.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

There's one thing in common in every BG match I lose. Me.

Massive racial imbalance leads to horde winning the majority of bg's, with bg's that have percieved alliance advantages screwing with the win ratio (AV)

There's a reason alliance got massive racial buffs for WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JackoC View Post
    your post is nonsense, AV and IoC is screwing the win ratio for horde because of the percieved alliance advantage that horde have so they avoid it, take av out of the equation and horde is dominating pvp

Deleted
    I feel like it's always the guy with 290k hp who's complaining about losing all the time. Kinda not surprising really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's only because it averaged together all BGs.
    51:49 is the average, yes. If you want to know it in more detail, you can even look it up *per BG* and *per country*, like this: http://www.wow-stats.info/bgwr03.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both factions, Alliance definitely loses more, but the queues are about half as long.

So pros and cons.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    horde loses all the time whenever I play horde, alliance always loses when I play alliance, I guess i'm just in bad groups/ always in AV as horde
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    horde loses all the time whenever I play horde, alliance always loses when I play alliance, I guess i'm just in bad groups/ always in AV as horde
    If you're a horde player who doesn't BL AV, you're either a glutton for punishment or you need to get a clue.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Prior to the patch, without question, Horde. I play mostly on the Shadow Council server, so I'm not sure if this has
    anything to do with my unbearable Lose Luck.

I remember (the worst pvp day) was starting at 3pm and not getting a SINGLE WIN until maybe 2am. Mind you, I
    am using random ques, as well as whatever the daily BG was. It was absolutely absurd, that in that time I could
    not find one fucking group capable of winning. You don't know the amount of flat out disappointment I was feeling.
    Not so much rage, but the sheer frustration of it all was so goddamned draining.

The current problems I always run into are these 2 issues.

1) Being incredibly undergeared. Seems like everytime I face an Alliance team, they are always in better pvp gear
    than the majority of my teammates. Either they're in full honor or full conquest. Every clash ends up with them
    utterly steamrolling everyone. I would get into better pvp gear myself, but well, earning (at the time) 50 or so honor
    per victory with over 14 armor slots to fill is such an agonizing and senseless grind.

2) Zero coordination. Its shocking how often this happens. Nearly 9/10 the Alliance works together, in groups, or is
    rarely ever alone individually. So surprise surprise, when 2 or 4 players run into groups of 8 or higher and they all die.

So to anyone who says (non-American) that Alliance loses all the time, I'm sorry, but you're a goddamn liar.

Deleted
    Horde somehow always loses when there are many Blood Elves in their group, always.

There was a big change in performance after 6.0.2. Horde seemed to be doing very well in AV, but was getting utterly crushed in ToK.

I wonder if the removal of extra reward for random queuing had anything to do with it. If there is no penalty for doing so, one might as well queue for the BG your faction is doing the best in (assuming the wait isn't too long). I was getting < 1 minute queues into ToK and won all but one of them yesterday, many with the horde being steamrolled and getting less than 100 points.

Deleted
    Alliance, obviously, and it's only getting worse.

I played both factions during all packs extensively. I really don't bother queuing for bgs as alliance anymore.
    My ally bgs are mostly harsh losses, yet when I log my horde Mage, I feel like a minor pvp god, so don't tell me it's only about myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I know this sounds selfish, when you're top heals, or top damage.. Almost every 10, or 15 player random bg.. As a scrub 1650-1750 player (last season), .. You can understand how Ally really sucks 75% of the games. My hordy. He could go in, bladestorm and every single ally is dead. It's shit how much more Horde plays for real vs BOTTCITY Fucking Alliance Bullshit Scumbaggery Trollface Tryhards. I play both sides. I can talk as much shit as I want, horde is superior in every single bg I'm in.

Deleted
    Alliance wins because of map imbalance in AV and IOC

The only map in the game with no imbalance is SOTA and horde wins it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Alliance wins because of map imbalance in AV and IOC
    That is not why alliance wins in those BGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That is not why alliance wins in those BGs.
    Yes it is.

Yes it is.
    You should try to play Alliance against a German Horde team.

Yes it is.
    No it isn't. Alliance wins in those BGs because they are playing teams of demoralized undergeared players and bots. Subtle differences in the map are utterly irrelevant.

More generally, Alliance wins because of a common failure mode of BGs, where when (for whatever reasons, or no reasons at all) one side starts dominating a particular BG, the good players on the other side then avoid that BG. This is happening right now in ToK, where for some inexplicable reason horde just fell into a hole and can hardly buy a win to save their lives.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-10-20 at 04:05 PM.