Newbie Shaman Returning from WOTLK Keybind help

So I guess like some of us our friends starting playing this game again and they all dragged me back in. I have one major question:

Can someone please provide me with an efficient setup for keybinds?

I'm totally lost on how to set up on keybinds for basic PvE and PvP rotation. I feel like i'm just hitting buttons at random even with shockandawe and feel entirely ineffective. Essentially how does someone go from not playing his class at all for three years to learning everything again?

I've searched but have found setups with naga and I just dont understand the fluidity of everything. So please help?

I'm a little confused, do you mean actual keybinds or are you referring to macros and/or rotation?

If you're just returning from WOTLK, I'd recommend class guides via Icy-veins or Noxxic for starters (I would link but the lack of posts restricts it, just google those aforementioned sites).

In saying that though, with the next expansion a month and a bit away, we're *all* going to need to learn our classes over. You almost might be better off waiting...

Sorry for not being clear: I'm not clear with actual keybinds. I feel like what I currently have is to rigid. I am asking for other peoples keybinds that I can use as a template to build my own.

Quote Originally Posted by parradux View Post
    Sorry for not being clear: I'm not clear with actual keybinds. I feel like what I currently have is to rigid. I am asking for other peoples keybinds that I can use as a template to build my own.
    Keybinds are very subjective, and they are dependent on a lot of different factor, like the hardware you use, for example, I use a Razer Naga with 12 keys at the side that I can use with my thumb, so my binds would not work for someone with a 3 button mouse.

Some tips I can give is to bind th most used keys next to your movement keys like WASD, in a way that you can always use them with ease. After that is just a matter of finding places for others skills, but in the end what will really matter is getting a layout and sticking with it, so that you can create your muscle memory.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

First of all.. What spec are you? lol..

And second, you can check your spellbook and look for "core abilities"

If your looking for just a basic idea of what people now an days use as keybinds then see below...take with a grain of salt as I'm not sure what the "norm" everyone is doing and do my own thing with what feels good to me. I sugest you do the same, but this is what I use...

numbers 1-5 for action bar 1
    number 6 spot I use ` (tilda key)
    (Shift)numbers 1-5 for action bar 2
    (Shift) `(tilda key) for 6 spot

then for the rest place where ever you want as far as the action bar
    R
    (Shift) R
    F
    (Shift) F
    (Shift) Mouse Wheel up
    (Shift) Mouse Wheel Down
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

I´m using mostly Alt mod, on Resto (Vuhdo) also Ctrl and Shift rarely...mostly for quick mount Shift+F kb...So here we go with ele:
    WASD moving, S+D strafe
    Q - FS
    E - LB
    R - Shield
    T - Thunderstorm
    X - Ghost Wolf
    1 - UE
    2 - ES
    3 - LvB
    4 - Chain
    Alt+1 - Rage
    Alt+2 - Bulwark
    Alt+3 - Healing Stream Totem
    Alt+4 - Rain
    - with Ctrl 1-4 totems
    Alt+Q - Cleanse
    Alt+E - EQ
    Alt+W - Acendance
    Alt+F - Surge
    Alt+S - Wind Shear
    Alt+X - Heroism
    ...and so on...
    Because many alts I´m trying to have as much identical spells/abilities as possible on the same kb...Q+E as a main dmg/combo builder abilities+finisher on ST, with Alt to AoE (druid, pala), Alt+F as a proc heal and so on...

If you play Elemental, you can copy my keybinds:

keybinds are something you'll have to set up imo to find something your comfortable with. saying that have a read of the icy veins guides for elemental enhancement or restodepending on what your playing and spend a little time on the target dummies with that knowledge to find a keybinding set up that works for you.

Deleted
    It's probably also worth noting that, once 6.0 hits, you're going to need more keybinds than ever as a Shaman. I can't speak for the other specs, but Elemental has certainly gained a lot of extra abilities they'll need to use to be fully effective; Frost Shock, Earthquake and Unleash Elements are all requirements now, as well as another key to bind Liquid Magma to at level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    It's probably also worth noting that, once 6.0 hits, you're going to need more keybinds than ever as a Shaman. I can't speak for the other specs, but Elemental has certainly gained a lot of extra abilities they'll need to use to be fully effective; Frost Shock, Earthquake and Unleash Elements are all requirements now, as well as another key to bind Liquid Magma to at level 100.
    Unless you already had them binded like me, I will just need to replace Magma Totem with Liquid Magma
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman