Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Tetris: the movie

it's coming. Threshold Entertainment is working on a movie adaptation of the game. Threshold Entertainment is mostly known for mortal kombat and less memorable mortal kombat: annihilation. According to them, it will be “a very big, epic sci-fi movie,” “We have a story behind ‘Tetris’ which makes it a much more imaginative thing.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/...ovie/?mod=e2tw

Will tetris the movie be a blockbuster?
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2014-10-01 at 12:53 PM.

How, what, how?

I dont understand.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Well, it already has 2 strikes against it...it's a video game movie and it's about tetris. I can't see it going well.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon it should be about an alien just trying to fit in. Get it? hahahaha...ha

The same people who made the mortal kombat movies....yeah..this is gonna end well /sarcasm
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The same people who made the mortal kombat movies....yeah..this is gonna end well /sarcasm
    We should have seen this coming.

I mean, you guys do all remember the scene from the second Mortal Kombat movie where the two gods imprison the evil god in the weird collapsing cube thing, right?

*GASP!*

It's a sequel to Mortal Kombat: Annihilation! That evil god is still trapped and the bad guys have to find the blocks he's trapped in! The good guys have to beat them to the punch and line up all the blocks so they can be destroyed before he gets released!

Clever bastards!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asylum movie, I bet.

Unless it's a joke site.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I suspect trying to make a movie about Tetris would have ended badly no matter who made it but we shall see.

Deleted
    well... it would be cool if the movie was focused around a live action space battle but it will have to look bad ass since there is not much of a story here unless they go for a load of cliche BS.

Though I don't have much hope for a bad ass adaptation of tetris given the people who are making it

10+ Year Old Account
    i would watch this movie.

Sounds like who came up of the idea for this movie was blocked off by the reality of this being a good idea.

Deleted
    Well, they managed to make a movie out of battleships or whatever that game is called. Why not this : )

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    We should have seen this coming.

I mean, you guys do all remember the scene from the second Mortal Kombat movie where the two gods imprison the evil god in the weird collapsing cube thing, right?

*GASP!*

It's a sequel to Mortal Kombat: Annihilation! That evil god is still trapped and the bad guys have to find the blocks he's trapped in! The good guys have to beat them to the punch and line up all the blocks so they can be destroyed before he gets released!

Clever bastards!
    All I can think of is the movie cube when i think about a tetris movie. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Well, they managed to make a movie out of battleships or whatever that game is called. Why not this : )
    Yeah but that had nothing to do with the game. They didnt even have one person say "they sunk my battleship"
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Will tetris the movie be a blockbuster?
    This made me so happy that I didn't even need to read the rest of the thread, haha.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will have as many resemblence to Tetris as Battleship to the game itself.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely watching this.

As long as the only music allowed on the soundtrack is the original music for the Nintendo version of Tetris this should be a huge hit!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Asylum movie, I bet.

Unless it's a joke site.
    the wall street journal. and the info is all over the web right now.

like BBC http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29443728
    rolling stone : http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...ywood-20140930
    gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tet.../1100-6422652/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Sounds like who came up of the idea for this movie was blocked off by the reality of this being a good idea.
    Its success will really depend on everything falling into place.