Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by consciouspotato View Post

I doubted it too, but someone told me that there was a Tetris game where the blocks were like...aliens instead or something?

I dunno, I've never heard of it, but it fits the apparent "Sci-fi" genre it's going to be.

It'll be a buddy movie, where a group of friends, line piece, square block and L piece try to deal with a weekend road trip with their strange friend squiggly piece who just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It'll be a buddy movie, where a group of friends, line piece, square block and L piece try to deal with a weekend road trip with their strange friend squiggly piece who just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.
    And then they find the T shaped box, and a romance blooms.

besides, college humor already did it!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just going to be all of the blocks beating up straighty for being too useful and well liked.

"WHY DON'T THEY EVER ASK GOD FOR ME!" - S Block
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegeeza View Post
    I reckon it should be about an alien just trying to fit in. Get it? hahahaha...ha
    But how will the actors get through the script if the lines keep disappearing?

10+ Year Old Account
    “It’s a very big, epic sci-fi movie,” Threshold’s CEO Larry Kasanoff tells Speakeasy exclusively. “This isn’t a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page. We’re not giving feet to the geometric shapes.”
    So, other than the name, what does this have to do with Tetris?

What's next, a buddy cop comedy called Final Fantasy? A romantic comedy called Mega Man? A movie about two plumbers getting stuck in a desert called Super Mario Bros.?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    directed by uwe boll
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    directed by uwe boll
    Confirmed for pointless sex scenes and Meat Loaf cameo?

Maybe the worst game-to-movie idea to date. What boggles my mind is that somewhere someone invested actual hard-earned money into this film? Why?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Hopefully the script won't have too many lines, it would suck if it didn't get cleared.

"In what could quite possibly be the most WTF move of the 21st century; Threshold Entertainment had decided to produce a film about... fitting blocks together."
    Damn; I might actually have to watch this to see... to see this company bang it's head against the wall for two hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically they want to use name recognition to sell a most-likely-shitty movie. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Well, they managed to make a movie out of battleships or whatever that game is called. Why not this : )
    Yeah, and it was fucking terrible and the biggest box office flop of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Yeah, and it was fucking terrible and the biggest box office flop of the year.
    terrible, most definitely

flop? not really, on a profit basis anyway. Made $300+ Million. Which is still upsetting that it made so much D:

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be about a group of soviet soldiers during the cold war that are stationed in a submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic with nothing to keep them sane except for a type of board game they develop that involves fitting little blocks together to form complete lines. The climax of the film has them end up in a hostile situation with a U.S. patrol force and eventually they end up trapped in a congested area of deployed mines and various aquatic debris. With their air supply running low they are forced to use their knowledge of the game they developed to use their small arsenal of torpedoes to clear out the most lines of mines and rubble in their path to rise to the surface before time runs out.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2014-10-02 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    It will be about a group of soviet soldiers during the cold war that are stationed in a submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic with nothing to keep them sane except for a type of board game they develop that involves fitting little blocks together to form complete lines. The climax of the film has them end up in a hostile situation with a U.S. patrol force and eventually they end up trapped in a congested area of deployed mines and various aquatic debris. With their air supply running low they are forced to use their knowledge of the game they developed to use their small arsenal of torpedoes to clear out the most lines of mines and rubble in their path to rise to the surface before time runs out.
    the submarine also articulates to form different tetris shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    terrible, most definitely
    flop? not really, on a profit basis anyway. Made $300+ Million. Which is still upsetting that it made so much D:
    Except that it cost them over $200M to make apparently, plus marketing on top of that. So they probably didn't make much of anything.