Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Just throwing it out there, Butcher 27 Heroic, I pulled 21.7k DPS, rank 3rd on personal Skada. Quite interested to see where that places on overall, but I'd say combat is definitely strong. Running with DFA.
    I got rank 17 with 24.5k as sub, 635 item level. Sub is crazy on that fight if you can get your pooling right.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I be even playing Sub with such low Multistrike? I got 2 Normal daggers last night and was thinking about trying it, but I honestly don't think my gear will allow
    Sub to play so well as much as Combat. ShC says Sub would be at 2-3k dps more.

Deleted
    Would it be worth to use Revealing Strike to delay Deep Insight in order to gain 9 CP's and full energy?
    If I'm 1 SS away from Deep Insight and have 1-3 CP's for example

Where can I find a translation of what the sim scripts are running? (as far as priority and when to use each ability, particularly the flow of the openers)

Are they similar or identical to what I would find on icy veins? I may be alone in having difficulty translating that text into a guide like format but I would appreciate the help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Should I be even playing Sub with such low Multistrike? I got 2 Normal daggers last night and was thinking about trying it, but I honestly don't think my gear will allow
    Shc is not a tool to compare dps for the diffrent speccs you can only compare your gear with it... to compare your speccs you have to use simcraft

At butcher i had 646 ilvl (played the whole raid without dfa but with mfd) i guess but lootet big tonight im at 652 now and got the 670 axe from the twin ogrons

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the issue I run into. I have been working hard to gear for raids, and because I have been combat most of my gear has haste on it and I dont have a second set as of yet. But would like to try sub... Time to start collecting a second gear set

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyV View Post
    Where can I find a translation of what the sim scripts are running? (as far as priority and when to use each ability, particularly the flow of the openers)

Are they similar or identical to what I would find on icy veins? I may be alone in having difficulty translating that text into a guide like format but I would appreciate the help!
    There aren't any translations... The code used at the APLs are quite straightforward, you should be able to understand the lines if you start with the simple ones.

Your best bet is still simply ask here whatever doubt you might have, the community is very friendly, i'm sure someone would be able to answer you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I got rank 17 with 24.5k as sub, 635 item level. Sub is crazy on that fight if you can get your pooling right.
    Are we talking pooling energy for Shadow Dance/Vanish, and combo points for Evisc during Find Weakness?

Couldn't attempt Butcher Heroic last night cause of all the dc's, but I have the same ilvl so I'm curious to see how I go :P

I suppose i'm doing something completely wrong or i have suddendly lost my fingers -i did a whopping 17k yesterday on butcher (played combat and sub, more or less the same performance).

I'm not able to understand what i'm doing so horribly wrong.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I suppose i'm doing something completely wrong or i have suddendly lost my fingers -i did a whopping 17k yesterday on butcher (played combat and sub, more or less the same performance).

I'm not able to understand what i'm doing so horribly wrong.

Same here, well19k, but nothing compared to othere classes pulling 25k.

As combat, the burst just sucks for me personally, doing the normal thing, shadowstep, ambush, 2pt SnD, Killing Spree, Adrenaline rush and gg, already behind by a very large mile.

Question about DfA, do you use it on cooldown? Do you delay it for Deep Insight?, to me it feels very clunky to use it in the normal rotation as I am struggling for enough energy to use DfA or I have to pool a lot before using it.

Single target it just feels like combat is way behind, people destroyed me yesterday, when there is constant Blade Flurry up-time it is okay, but single target it is like hitting like a wet noodle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Same here, well19k, but nothing compared to othere classes pulling 25k.

As combat, the burst just sucks for me personally, doing the normal thing, shadowstep, ambush, 2pt SnD, Killing Spree, Adrenaline rush and gg, already behind by a very large mile.

Question about DfA, do you use it on cooldown? Do you delay it for Deep Insight?, to me it feels very clunky to use it in the normal rotation as I am struggling for enough energy to use DfA or I have to pool a lot before using it.

Single target it just feels like combat is way behind, people destroyed me yesterday, when there is constant Blade Flurry up-time it is okay, but single target it is like hitting like a wet noodle.
    There's some speculation about DfA, can be a dps loss if can't be used on CD, Ryme said it on other thread (the one about DfA for combat).

On the other side I was skeptical about Sub, so I tried to play it on first two bosses and... It's amazing!
    As Ryme said with the right pooling you can do pretty crazy numbers and I'm not used to play it (I always considered Sub as pvp spec).
    Pulling about 21k at 643 ilvl but I can surely do much more with some adjustments.

The only thing that makes me sad is the poor itemization available in HM, some slots like Chest and Shoulders are crap (thinking about pvp ones, so much choice).
    I'll try combat tonight on fight like Tectus, probably I'll stick with MfD and VR.
    Last edited by mmoc3458dc0289; 2014-12-04 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we did some Heroics today, and I was playing Combat/Sub, and I have to say that for some odd reason I feel like I am not doing something correctly when it comes to playing Combat on single target.

655 in Combat and doing horrid DPS, something like 18.5k (2 mins in before we wiped, Kill time was 4:39) on The Butcher. I have played enough to know the inside and outs of Combat but it just felt like something was way off, or the guys talking about pulling 27k were having some ridiculous RNG or very short kill times. I swapped to Sub, and ended up doing 21.5k ( I died at the very endish of the fight, so could have been better), and it is the ONLY tier I have played Sub in PvE.

I have played all 3 specs this tier, and so far I am enjoying Sub the most. Sadly, I feel like I need to stick with Combat after getting a Heroic Fist and a WF Normal Fist but it just seems like I lost touch with Combat, or I am doing something REALLY wrong.

Can't remember numbers from Butcher but 22.8 sticks out in my mind.

I'm finding the energy cost on SnD highly annoying lately
    Last edited by Puffah; 2014-12-04 at 02:28 PM.

23k DPS (22.8 more precisely) as Assas on Butcher with 644 ilevel, my gear is very suboptmal and has haste and versatility all over. Id say specs are just the same as they were on 6.0, theyre pretty much even play whatever you want and be happy, considering going combat for that BF goodnes.

Sub is so much fun! Got rank.1 on butcher last night on HC. Praying for a dagger tonight even though the stats are retarded. Looks like sub/combat will be my speccs until BRF atleast.

So we did some Heroics today, and I was playing Combat/Sub, and I have to say that for some odd reason I feel like I am not doing something correctly when it comes to playing Combat on single target.

655 in Combat and doing horrid DPS, something like 18.5k (2 mins in before we wiped, Kill time was 4:39) on The Butcher. I have played enough to know the inside and outs of Combat but it just felt like something was way off, or the guys talking about pulling 27k were having some ridiculous RNG or very short kill times. I swapped to Sub, and ended up doing 21.5k ( I died at the very endish of the fight, so could have been better), and it is the ONLY tier I have played Sub in PvE.

I have played all 3 specs this tier, and so far I am enjoying Sub the most. Sadly, I feel like I need to stick with Combat after getting a Heroic Fist and a WF Normal Fist but it just seems like I lost touch with Combat, or I am doing something REALLY wrong.
    Not sure, I pulled 22k on Butcher Heroic last night. 643 ilvl. Was rank 6 last night. Here's logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tPNKh#fight=39
    I found combat very good last night in single target. I even ranked 3 on Kargath. (Even though I did have to go up twice)
    I don't think it's much RNG every pull I was around the same. My gear isn't great but I did get the fist off of Kargath so that helped on Butcher.

I did about 20k on Butcher normal with 639ilvl as combat last night which was more than I expected for ST and sub-optimal secondary stats on a lot of my gear. Since it won't let me link logs or armory, Ziraki Area-52 guild-Technique if anyone cares to see, having a hell of a time getting Multistrike gear. As far as DfA being a loss if not used on CD, I am sure that is the case and it is somewhat difficult to use it on CD for a lot of these fights (Tectus) it will kill you if used at the wrong time and with the amount of energy it cost it is hard to use on CD, but even with if it is a small loss not being able to use on CD I still like the talent and plan to keep using it unless they fix the CP bug and ruin it.

Combat is disappointing on single targets to me. I have a 661 MH and a 655 OH, and I just can't compete with the rest of my raid unless I can cleave. I was 80th percentile on Butcher last night, and I was like 12th in raid or something. I'd love to be able to switch to Sub for single-target fights, but somehow I don't think a 630 dagger can compete.

Deleted
    I played Combat last night, and for The Butcher I did just under 21k (before I died) on every attempt except two: One of them I was about 21.5k, and the other I was somehow only doing 18k, not sure what happened on that one.

But yeah, pretty consistently doing just under 21k. 642 item level running with 646 and 636 weapons, a 636 agi/crit trinket and a 615 agi with crit on proc trinket, Anticipation and Lemon Zest. I'm really not sure how that compares to others but when I see people posting numbers higher than this with a lower item level, it really makes me wonder if they're entirely truthful, if my trinkets are letting me down, or if they're doing something I'm not >.>

Only thing I kept kicking myself in the face for was shadowstepping too early after the Bounding Cleave, and then getting hit by it myself >.< Got myself into a bad habit of trying too hard there Logs included!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1706&wipes=1
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-12-04 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I played Combat last night, and for The Butcher I did just under 21k (before I died) on every attempt except two: One of them I was about 21.5k, and the other I was somehow only doing 18k, not sure what happened on that one.

But yeah, pretty consistently doing just under 21k. 642 item level running with 646 and 636 weapons, a 636 agi/crit trinket and a 615 agi with crit on proc trinket, Anticipation and Lemon Zest. I'm really not sure how that compares to others but when I see people posting numbers higher than this with a lower item level, it really makes me wonder if they're entirely truthful, if my trinkets are letting me down, or if they're doing something I'm not >.>

Only thing I kept kicking myself in the face for was shadowstepping too early after the Bounding Cleave, and then getting hit by it myself >.< Got myself into a bad habit of trying too hard there :P Logs included!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1706&wipes=1
    Why not Shadowstep back to the boss after he knocks you up, and then sprint to get to him after he jumps? Should have like .1~.3 second downtime that way. Sprint will always be up too.