Good to see some early insight into an opener, so those numbers are basically what some loot councils will use unless we show them rogues won't be complete shit. Our class seems to be hurting, of course each rogue player might bring more to the table other than just numbers. Why would I stay rogue if I can mage at 30% more damage?

Assassination opener I'm assuming is
    Prepot-> mutilatex2
    Sr-> Vendt->rupture

Wasn't the Assa opener : Mut > Rupt > Mutx2 > CD > Envenom? Has it changed for 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    Wasn't the Assa opener : Mut > Rupt > Mutx2 > CD > Envenom? Has it changed for 6.2?
    I was always
    Stealth > mut to 5 point (6 for anticiapation) Rupture Pool to 50 or so > shadow and vendetta macro > mut to 5 envenom continue rotation as normal

Quote Originally Posted by Elimite View Post
    I was always
    Stealth > mut to 5 point (6 for anticiapation) Rupture Pool to 50 or so > shadow and vendetta macro > mut to 5 envenom continue rotation as normal
    According to Skyze:

You want to keep mutilating/dispatching until 5+ combo points and then pool energy before popping the macro - to throw out 100% crit Envenom instead of mutilate and get better start for your rotation after popping cooldowns. You also want to use Rupture during last scond(s) of SR to get the reflection to copy Rupture in additiont to refreshing your own Rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosvall View Post
    According to Skyze:

You want to keep mutilating/dispatching until 5+ combo points and then pool energy before popping the macro - to throw out 100% crit Envenom instead of mutilate and get better start for your rotation after popping cooldowns. You also want to use Rupture during last scond(s) of SR to get the reflection to copy Rupture in additiont to refreshing your own Rupture.
    so i should mut to 5 then pool after rupture before macro also then?

Deleted
    Any news on what's the best racials per spec now that PTR is almost done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosvall View Post
    You also want to use Rupture during last scond(s) of SR to get the reflection to copy Rupture in additiont to refreshing your own Rupture.
    I was under the impression that any rupture the clone casts falls off when the clone dies.

Edit: I was wrong.
    Last edited by Mac223; 2015-06-18 at 04:59 PM.

Why for assassination do you rupture before you clone? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for the clone to apply the rupture as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Why for assassination do you rupture before you clone? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for the clone to apply the rupture as well?
    No, because the rupture the clone applies doesn't proc Venomous Wounds, and Rupture by itself hits with less damage than a wet noodle would.

Quote Originally Posted by Smassy View Post
    No, because the rupture the clone applies doesn't proc Venomous Wounds, and Rupture by itself hits with less damage than a wet noodle would.
    Except that Rupture does more damage than Envenom and costs less energy, of course.

Average Envenom last night: 45,229
    Average Rupture: 65,064

With soul capacitor if you get a proc then pop SR + Vend you can do some pretty nuts damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    1) Premed SnD -> Vanish Rupture -> Dance
    Can anyone one be a little bit more explicit please ?

I am currently doing this :

-10sec Premeditation
    -2sec Slice and Dice + Pre-pot
    1) Ambush
    2) Hemo
    3) Ambush
    4) Shadow Reflection + Beating Heart of the Mountain
    5) Rupture
    6) Shadow Dance
    7) Ambush to 5 points
    8) Slice and Dice
    9) Ambush to 5 points
    10) Rupture

Then when dance is over, wait for Find Weakness to fade, and Vanish (with energy pulled) + Ambush.

If I am able to use Shadow Dance in step #6 it's because I have less than 60 energy, and 2PT17 gives me 60 energy so I'm nearly full and can spam.

But I don't really understand what Ryme told me, so if anyone did understood, please enlighten me.

Thanks

The BiS Assassination list has Terrorweave Wristwraps but these drop from Kazzak according to Wowhead. I also found a BiS list saying these were a trash drop. And, as far as I know, there wouldn't be a mythic world boss.

There are two other BoEs I found on Wowhead:
    Flayed Demonskin Belt
    Jungle Assassin's Footpads

So, I want to assume these two are the real trash drops for HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeco View Post
    Can anyone one be a little bit more explicit please?
    Edit: We're assuming that the new setbonuses are in effect.

Vanishing during the opener made a lot of sense before the setbonuses were significantly nerfed, but I'm not entirely convinced that the loss in FW-uptime is worth it now. I don't know if he has sim'd openers for 6.2, but to clarify Ryme's quote we have the opener that I think is pretty close to optimal - which also wins the prize for simplicity:

Premed->SnD
    0s: Vanish+SR+Rupture
    1s: Shadow Dance

Alternatively you may want to delay the vanish a bit:

Premed->SnD
    0s: Garrote
    1s: Ambush
    Pool
    SR+rupture
    Shadow Dance + Vanish

If it turns out that it isn't worth it to vanish during the opener then you take " + Vanish" out of the last line, essentially going back to doing what you did during Highmaul.
    Last edited by Mac223; 2015-06-19 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    Any news on what's the best racials per spec now that PTR is almost done?
    I'll run these today and update.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    I'll double check on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by P0kerZ View Post
    The BiS Assassination list has Terrorweave Wristwraps but these drop from Kazzak according to Wowhead. I also found a BiS list saying these were a trash drop. And, as far as I know, there wouldn't be a mythic world boss.
    Aha! Thanks for the catch, I assume this means they don't exist in mythic form? I'll update the gear lists as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I remember now why it's not worth using reflection before your first rupture, it's simply better to open the reflection with Envenom.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Ah, I remember now why it's not worth using reflection before your first rupture, it's simply better to open the reflection with Envenom.
    Any reason to have this Rupture be a 5CP one? Im usually doing a 2CP Rupture from the Mutilate out of stealth, then pop Vend+SR, go ham with Mut+Env, and do a 5CP Rupture as the first one runs out (somewhere in the middle-end of SR uptime).

EDIT:
    Going into SR with Envenom, do you mean having the Env buff or having 5CP so you get a big Envenom hit when SR starts?
    Last edited by mmoceec252ebf2; 2015-06-19 at 09:57 AM.

First rupture is 2 or 3 cp point one from mutilate opening.

Going in, you have your 5 cps ready, pop the dps cds, then envenom so your reflection also envenoms.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    Edit: We're assuming that the new setbonuses are in effect.

Vanishing during the opener made a lot of sense before the setbonuses were significantly nerfed, but I'm not entirely convinced that the loss in FW-uptime is worth it now. I don't know if he has sim'd openers for 6.2, but to clarify Ryme's quote we have the opener that I think is pretty close to optimal - which also wins the prize for simplicity:

Premed->SnD
    0s: Vanish+SR+Rupture
    1s: Shadow Dance

Alternatively you may want to delay the vanish a bit:

Premed->SnD
    0s: Garrote
    1s: Ambush
    Pool
    SR+rupture
    Shadow Dance + Vanish

If it turns out that it isn't worth it to vanish during the opener then you take " + Vanish" out of the last line, essentially going back to doing what you did during Highmaul.
    Thank you !

Updated with race analysis, changed assassination trinket and combat race.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Thanks for your work again. I see Soul Capacitor is still in the Assa BiS list despite Felspring Coil being better in the trinkets breakdown, which one is accurate ?