Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Probably that's what screwed over Nintendo is the Wii/ds aimed for people who just want to kill time and not be bored with cheap gimmicks instead of people who genuinely look forward to a good game. People bought the wii/ds because they where bored but now they have smartphone apps and didn't buy the wii u/3ds.
    What? even my little nephew who pretty much grew up with mobile app games and stuff and was later introduce into handheld gaming got into the concept that the handhelds offer way more in terms of enjoyment and quality, mobile apps are quite a shitpool right now
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    But then what about the other 73 models that will come out in the next five years?
    the sad part, is its true. a new model gets crapped out every other month. if i were you just download and emulator on the play store and play old school gb game.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In Japan the XL is called LL.
    Christ on a cross, when does it end!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The New 3ds has both the normal and LL model sizes.

Therefor it's pretty safe to assume both will be released here as well at the same time, and it will be called XL cause Nintendo of America thinks it sounds better then LL.

Also it's not really a debate. The normal size 3ds is shit to hold for more then a hour at a time. It will kill even medium size hands. The 2Ds is shit and has no protection for the screens(no folding and no cases released for it) nor is it portable with it's non folding tall self.

The only real choice is getting a 3ds XL(if you really want one now) or waiting on the New 3ds XL(if you can wait 6-12 months). The rest of the models are crap in comparison.
    Thanks for the details, that's pretty much what I needed to know. I can totally wait 6-12 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    GBA SP is by far the single-handed best non-DS handheld ever conceived. Plays EVERYTHING prior to DS (GB, GBC, GBA), and comes with a rechargeable battery (FINALLY) and a backlight (ALSO FINALLY). Plus, it's tiny and conveniently shaped to fit into a ton of larger objects like carrying cases, purses, etc.
    Couldn't agree more, it's a masterpiece! Mine never leaves my bag, even when I go weeks without playing. Thanks for the other info and advice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get a 3ds or gba micro.

Sooooooon

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since you said you still have your GBA SP just get the "New" 3DS. It plays both DS and of course 3DS games.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not as many as Tiger!!! kek
    Shut up cow!

I still have my GBA SP too, and it works, though it needs new shoulder button ribbons I think as they don't respond very well. Not hard to replace them, I just haven't found the time to get them ordered, dunno if I can though.

Anyway, the 3DS is a worthwhile investment, far too many great games between it and the DS. Stay away from the DS Zelda games though, they suck wang.