http://www.pcgamer.com/ex-cod-direct...ame-marketing/

I rofled so hard on this one!

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Thoughts?
    My best guess is that he studied military related things when he started dealing with a game such as CoD. While it may not be realistic many devs are known to do their history on certain subjects and he may have been working as a contractor at some point during his entire professional career.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    He's going to teach the soldiers how to teabag the enemy and call eachother retards.

"And remember, every time you breach the door you must kill your targets fast, before the slow-motion ends."
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seriously doesn't dawn on none of you that he's probably done some work in regards to the actual field? You think the military would actually hire a guy just because he made CoD?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Thoughts?
    No different than them bringing in Movie Writers to give tips. Sometimes you just need a creative mind to come up with something that works.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    My best guess is that he studied military related things when he started dealing with a game such as CoD. While it may not be realistic many devs are known to do their history on certain subjects and he may have been working as a contractor at some point during his entire professional career.
    Its not so much studying military and understanding how things works traditionally as its hiring someone that can think outside the box more than people they already have to come up with ways someone could create unusual attack vectors for terror and try to prevent things.

My mother's friend has a 13 year old obese son that went 15 prestige in Black Ops, he could teach those soldiers everything there is to know about war!

"If the enemy starts shooting at you, make sure to jump around as much as possible. Makes you harder to hit."

"Heavy weapons like the M60 are extremely light and accurate when firing from the hip."

"Remember, if you get deep in the shit, kill 5-10 enemies and you get an automatic air,gunship or drone strike."

As a USMC veteran I find it hilarious whenever someone in a FPS thinks their vidya game skills translate into how well they could do in actual combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    And always say you had sex with their mother.

Erm... he doesn't actually seem to be saying anything about military tactics?

All he's talking about is marketing. Or brainwashing. Whichever - same difference.

I'd have thought the military would probably have plenty they could learn from private enterprise in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he wasn't hired by the military but a think-tank so there is that... did we really need another thread on this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.