Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Super Smash Bro's 3DS What do you think?

So i just got the game yesterday which was the release date in america and personally I feel like the 3DS (original) is just to small to give the game justice
    I feel like i'm squinting to see the little characters and when there are 2v2 there is just to much going on on the little screen
    as well i find the controls on the 3DS are to small for me so i can't play the game as well as i would with a WII u controller granted its not the games fault
    so 1v1 and 2v2 have been fairly difficult for me and not as fun as i thought it would be with the problems i'm having

other then that i think the game in fantastic and have nothing bad to say about it

what about everyone else ?
    Last edited by Darkpoison324; 2014-10-04 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to patch in dpad support already because the slider is terrible for this game IMO. Other than that, the game is pretty damn good and very feature rich!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Wait, consoles still exist?

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-10-05 at 06:04 PM.

I agree with Turbotef. Getting a half jump for forward air going is a lot harder than it was in brawl. I also seem to have a problem with side stepping and rolling a lot. Otherwise I'm really loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    They need to patch in dpad support already because the slider is terrible for this game IMO. Other than that, the game is pretty damn good and very feature rich!
    Agree slider just does not feel right

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing on an XL and I find that using the dodge/grab with the shoulder buttons is a little annoying. Just doesn't feel right having my fingers positioned over them all the time and if I dont I find it harder to react with having to quickly move my fingers up to use them.

I think that I'm waiting on the Wii U version, aka the real version.

Played the demo, just can't do Smash on 3ds controls.

Deleted
    It just doesn't feel right with the 3DS' controls

I'm glad Nintendo is doing a demo ...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a competitive Melee player I have to say that it's good but it's portable Smash, not the version that will be considered competitive. I think it's great that it's available to play anywhere but Wii U's version will be the defining version we will all remember.
    Hey everyone

Its not a bad game by a long shot. But I'm waiting for the Wii U version, controller would just feel loads more better than the 3DS. Still surprising how well it plays though, I had my doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game a couple of days ago. I'm still having fun with it, but it's clear to me that SSB is not really meant to be played on a hand-held. I'm also a little annoyed that the 3DS version essentially held back the Wii U version. Once the Wii U version comes out I'll probably be shelving the 3DS version for a very long time.

It's too early for me to give an accurate rating on this game, but it's probably going to be around a 7.5/10 when all is said and done.

Its a damn shame nintendo didnt come out with a gamecube adapter for the 3ds and some dude had to mod a circuit board to get it to work. They would sell that shit by the truckloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its a damn shame nintendo didnt come out with a gamecube adapter for the 3ds and some dude had to mod a circuit board to get it to work. They would sell that shit by the truckloads.
    What? You really want to huddle up a controller next to a 5 inch screen? God forbid it's not an XL and we're talking a 3.5 inch screen! That would be even more uncomfortable then the 3ds controls already are for smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What? You really want to huddle up a controller next to a 5 inch screen? God forbid it's not an XL and we're talking a 3.5 inch screen! That would be even more uncomfortable then the 3ds controls already are for smash.
    Why would you huddle a controller next to the screen? Does the controller have to see the screen for some reason im not aware? The way i could see it being used is set on the edge of a table while your hands are below the table with the controller. The only reason i havnt bought the game is cus the 3ds controls are ackward as fuck for playing smash bros.

The control is actually quite a bit better than I expected. It feels like a smash bros game. I am really loving pac-man so far, and it gets me very excited for the Wii U version.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why would you huddle a controller next to the screen? Does the controller have to see the screen for some reason im not aware? The way i could see it being used is set on the edge of a table while your hands are below the table with the controller. The only reason i havnt bought the game is cus the 3ds controls are ackward as fuck for playing smash bros.
    So you describe yourself hunching over the table, so much more comfortable.

Face it, your comment was silly. handhelds are made to be able to control their viewpoint to your face, sitting a hand held in place and trying to view the screen properly is just going to lead to uncomfortable situations any way you try to describe it.

Also lol @ it would sell truck loads. The community who even prefers GC controllers for smash is the hardcore niche fans of the game. The wii u adapter will probably be lucky to sell 100k units while the game itself will sell 2 mil+ in a year. The majority could care less if they are playing it with a 3ds, wii u gamepad or wii u pro controller. Hell the majority played brawl with terrible ass wiimote+nunchuk controls.

Face it, your comment was silly. handhelds are made to be able to control their viewpoint to your face, sitting a hand held in place and trying to view the screen properly is just going to lead to uncomfortable situations any way you try to describe it.

Also lol @ it would sell truck loads. The community who even prefers GC controllers for smash is the hardcore niche fans of the game. The wii u adapter will probably be lucky to sell 100k units while the game itself will sell 2 mil+ in a year. The majority could care less if they are playing it with a 3ds, wii u gamepad or wii u pro controller. Hell the majority played brawl with terrible ass wiimote+nunchuk controls.
    I'm not really hardcore and I definitely prefer gamecube controllers, and I am sure anyone who has ever played melee would feel the same.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I think you greatly under estimate the amount of people who use cube controllers for smash. I remember like 2 people i ever saw using the wii mote as a controller. Cube controller is just better in every way. besides the cube controller would be fine for other games like zelda. And when you get into games that require a joystiq to play properly i would much rather have a cube controller for smash bros than use the sad excuse for a analog stick the 3ds has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually sort of agree with you Zeta, I really wish there was some kind of way to connect the wireless Pro controller at least up to it. The PSP did that with a few of its game that let you use a PS3 controller (Vita may even have same capabilities). I'm guessing the table stand that came with Kid Icarus Uprising wouldn't hold an XL, but I dont think having the system set on a table and played with a controller would be that bad, but then again this is coming from someone who is a big fan of the Virtual Boy. I just wish there was a DS/3DS game player for the Wii U, I wouldn't even care if the games looked like shit on a big screen, I have played DS games before on special 2-monitor set ups while using the DS as a controller and I just find it so much more enjoyable (even more so if the games are not touch screen heavy).

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I actually sort of agree with you Zeta, I really wish there was some kind of way to connect the wireless Pro controller at least up to it. The PSP did that with a few of its game that let you use a PS3 controller (Vita may even have same capabilities). I'm guessing the table stand that came with Kid Icarus Uprising wouldn't hold an XL, but I dont think having the system set on a table and played with a controller would be that bad, but then again this is coming from someone who is a big fan of the Virtual Boy. I just wish there was a DS/3DS game player for the Wii U, I wouldn't even care if the games looked like shit on a big screen, I have played DS games before on special 2-monitor set ups while using the DS as a controller and I just find it so much more enjoyable (even more so if the games are not touch screen heavy).
    This problem becomes more evident as we see more and more games that would have been at home or were at home on home consoles like n64 and gamecube ie bunch of zelda or mario or smash bros.