Poll: Do you agree with me?

10+ Year Old Account

Are threads getting out of hand?

Hi everyone.

I'm looking at the main MMOChampion screen right now. Out of the seven Recent Forum Posts, two are about America, one is about fit people, one is about pregnant women, one is about police, and just two are about games ("What did you hate the most about MoP?" and the Wildstar megathread).

I've been a member for a long time here now, and I cannot help but notice how we get to see more and more forums about random stuff in the world. True, everyone can write what they want about any subject (even non-MMO related), and maybe I'll refresh the page and see more threads about games.
    (...just did; a warrior thread popped up but the Wildstar one is gone, everything else is the same)
    But it's also true that one comes here mostly for the games (mainly WoW, I guess). It gets somewhat irritating to see the Recent Posts flooded with things I don't care about (for example, American taxes/presidents as I'm to the other side of the world) or just flat out awkward things (asking for advice regarding weddings and relationships).
    It seems to me that this site became more and more "generic", and I cannot help but imagine that a newcomer would be confused and give up creating an account to contribute if he didn't find what he was looking for. Or if he wasn't interested in what's being discussed. I mean, I'd be confused too.
    I just found a 21-pages worth of argument over non-alcoholic people and our view on them; while this is a very interesting topic, there are interesting WoW reads that barely get to three pages. I find this somewhat annoying, but if everyone is going for the alcoholic thread, I may be in a minority here. Still felt the need to voice my opinion.

Long story short, I don't think I like it this way. I come here for WoW but I see less and less of it every day.
    Thoughts?

You can filter the forum sections to only show you posts about Warcraft. Click on the green "Forum Filters" button at the bottom of the "Recent Forum Posts" feed, and uncheck all the boxes of subforums that you don't want to see! Then you'll never see threads from those forums in the Recent Posts box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have moved your thread. Doesn't really belong under the World of Warcraft General Discussion Section.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wouldn't say they've 'lost focus' exactly. These threads are all in forums unrelated to WoW, so they're quite on topic actually I suppose. I quite like it actually. And there is a way to filter it so you'll only see WoW things, as Daetur said, if that's all you came here for

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    I agree a little bit, seeing too many cop threads and too many look at the crazy feminazis'. It gets tiresome and often become a huge circle jerk, but alas one can choose not to look at them