Trouble playing an Oblivion mod; application load error.

Hey all. I'm trying to play Nehrim, a mod for Oblivion. Every time I try to run it I get "Application load error 5:0000065434", however. This happens whether or not I've run as adminstrator. I've read the readme, tried to follow its instructions. I havn't installed in the steam folder (it said not to), I've enabled the data files from the launcher, etc. Keep getting this error and it's quite annoying because I really want to play this awesome looking mod. If anyone could help me, would appreciate it.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Hey all. I'm trying to play Nehrim, a mod for Oblivion. Every time I try to run it I get "Application load error 5:0000065434", however. This happens whether or not I've run as adminstrator. I've read the readme, tried to follow its instructions. I havn't installed in the steam folder (it said not to), I've enabled the data files from the launcher, etc. Keep getting this error and it's quite annoying because I really want to play this awesome looking mod. If anyone could help me, would appreciate it.
    Load order could be an issue.

Try moving it up to the top of the load order and see if that works (the highest a Mod can go is the first file UNDERNEATH official addons like the Dragonborn expansion).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Ehm, how do I do that?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm, how do I do that?
    Open OBM (oblivion mod manager) and look for Nehrim file and put it on a last slot.
    However be warned that Nehrim wont work with most of your other mods and cause crash. (do you even use obm for that?)

For example if you have a changed started zone mod it wont work.
    I recomend fresh install if you have any other mods and once you have done that...put those files on some disk (so you dont have too reinstal everythime you want too try some other mods).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I don't actually have Oblivion Mod Manager (or any other mods). I just downloaded it manually from the website. I've also tried deleting Nehrim and reinstalling it multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually have Oblivion Mod Manager (or any other mods). I just downloaded it manually from the website. I've also tried deleting Nehrim and reinstalling it multiple times.
    To be able to run mods you need it. Also did you install unoficial oblivion patch?
    Most of mods need it too be able too run.

No obse loader --) no mods work.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I actually managed to get it to work by fiddling around a bit; eventually I just copy/pasted everything from the Nehrim folder into the Oblivion one and unchecked the data files for the original game, which seems to have worked. Thanks for trying to help though If a mod could delete this thread would be appreciated.