Thread: [TV] The Flash!

You know, it was a fun episode. The meta wasn't anything special, but still enjoyable. Loved him leaving the guy on the wall.

Then the last scene, just so fucking stupid, ugh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Not a bad episode overall, nice to not have the stupidity of the Thinker and crap. Minor issues and of course they need to squeze in the drama/ emo, but still a big improvement from most of the season.

Solid episode, but I had two issues/concerns with it:

1) I don't understand how when time is frozen because the Flashes are moving fast that a Flash can then start super-speeding anywhere. Like shouldn't Barry etc have had to walk everywhere?

2) The problem with DeVoe rears its ugly head even though (s)he's not in the episode: presuming DeVoe's endgame isn't the complete destruction of Central City, how did he calculate a hundred percent success rate for the incident? He had to know it was probably going to happen.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

What i don't get is why the storm decided to follow the sphere rather than stay attached to Barry. Didn't they just program it with Barry's genetic marker?
    What made the sphere more attractive than the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    What i don't get is why the storm decided to follow the sphere rather than stay attached to Barry. Didn't they just program it with Barry's genetic marker?
    What made the sphere more attractive than the real thing?
    I would surmise that the sphere was what it was attached to in the Speedforce. So while Yes Barry and the Sphere do share the same genetic markers, with the Sphere the 'Active' Barry in the Speedforce it stuck with that as the connection.

My questions is, did the sphere go 'back' into the Speedforce when the lightning hit the bomb or was taking it out of the Speedforce permanent? And if so with no speedster trapped in the Speedforce Prison, how will that play out over time? A Speedster needs to be in that prisiopn and with no genetic sphere or Speedster what will happen

Another question, is that if DeVoe was soooo mastermindful of his plans up to this point, how did he not see the Nuke indecent happening and if he did, why do nothing to prevent it from blowing up Central City? Could he have seen it and know Barry would save the day?

Last question, I know that we have to suspend belief in physics and science with shows like this but...... Could the solution to the nuke seriously be a possibility.

Was a good decent episode otherwise. It was great to see Wells finally break down and reveal his emotions even if it was not verbally lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Solid episode, but I had two issues/concerns with it:

1) I don't understand how when time is frozen because the Flashes are moving fast that a Flash can then start super-speeding anywhere. Like shouldn't Barry etc have had to walk everywhere?
    Definite plot device, yeah.

2) The problem with DeVoe rears its ugly head even though (s)he's not in the episode: presuming DeVoe's endgame isn't the complete destruction of Central City, how did he calculate a hundred percent success rate for the incident? He had to know it was probably going to happen.
    I'm sort of glad not to see Devoe, but yeah it seems an oversight. I can head-cannon that he predicted it, and that the result was some change to the speed force or Barry/ the other Flashes that might be important. But, they also have established that the Thinker isn't predicting as well as he did when in his own body.

Though, I mean, ARGUS really needs to be disbanded, what an incompetent agency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    1) I don't understand how when time is frozen because the Flashes are moving fast
    thats your error right there: time is NOT frozen - Flashs are just moving that fast that it LOOKS like everything else is frozen in time.

#2 pure plotdevice probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Though, I mean, ARGUS really needs to be disbanded, what an incompetent agency.
    agreed

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean. Now when he can move so fast time is almost frozen... Explain to me how he is having problem with villians?

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I mean. Now when he can move so fast time is almost frozen... Explain to me how he is having problem with villians?
    He still thinks at the speed of plot.

Though really, I think it's sort of become that he uses the Speed Force to move faster, rather than just always being a fast person. He doesn't need to "think" to move normally, he thinks to move fast, on some level. So he just doesn't always perceive that he something is going on over there, because he runs in, takes out enemies, then talks normally. Also, he's dumb.

Also, body armor doesn't work that way, though maybe it was Hi Tech Future Armor that the green-terrorists got from Luthor or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Emergency Awesome mentioned that Devoe may have wanted this to happen for another burst of Speedforce Dark Energy. Doesn't seem likely to me though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Tom Cavanagh, that scene with Jesse, that guy can act.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Same reason Ollie shot him in the back with a couple arrows. Its kind of an omnipotence vs omniscience argument. He thinks and moves fast but doesn't and can't think of everything and has morals and ethics that might prevent him from doing something. Iris is the one who provided the solution to the episode's problem. The solution was simply out of his field of experience.

And, yes, sometimes he's just dumber than he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And, yes, sometimes he's just dumber than he should be.
    I mean, a crime scene tech that can move in so fast a fission reaction takes an hour, and yet he couldn't dispose of a body and a knife in his apartment...

I mean, a crime scene tech that can move in so fast a fission reaction takes an hour, and yet he couldn't dispose of a body and a knife in his apartment...
    Yeah the whole time I was watching him get caught, I was confused why he didn't just clear everything away with super speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah the whole time I was watching him get caught, I was confused why he didn't just clear everything away with super speed.
    Probably more shocked by the turn of events to think and even if he was thinking, we know he's not very smart sometimes and probably had no idea what to do with a dead body. Especially the dead body of someone who was trying to defeat him and suddenly transferred himself into an innocent person. I think most people would be a bit shellshocked by that experience.

Sure, but most people can't spend an hour in between seconds to think it through. It's just another of those "the plot needs Barry to be in jail" things, but...

Why not just dump Devoe's body in an alley with the knife in it? Just to gloat on the phone?

While the previous episode was rather stupid with how unusually fast everyone just became because plot demanded it, this one takes the cake for the worst episode ever. Iris is the team leader now? Why the fuck would that be the case? What does she offer to the team except being annoying? She was damsel in distress the entire season 3 where she did nothing of value and apparently sitting at the computer in-between seasons is super serious business.

Savitar did nothing wrong. The show could have been purged of the cancer that's Iris, but noooo, they had to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I don't mind her as team lead, just because it gives her something to do while the more capable field team does their own stuff.

I hated her as damsel in distress, same as Caitlin. When Caitlin is doing stuff, powers or no, she's fine. When she's suddenly reduced to Girlfriend Role I just want them to die and leave the show. Felicity too.

Iris is an intelligent, driven character, unless they want to use her as melodrama girlfriend shit.

What really irritates me is the cops. Guy is tossing fire, so you drive up, hide behind your car and repeatedly yell things? No, you shoot him. I do miss Patty, she didn't try to bargain with the bad guys, she just opened fire. Sure it didn't work sometimes, but at least she wasn't a victim waiting to happen.

It really bugs me when cops arrive in the middle of a situation (gunfight, robbery, terrorist plot), yell "drop your guns" then run for cover when the bad guys turn and fire. Real cops mostly yell "drop the gun" from behind cover and when you turn towards them they light you up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    While the previous episode was rather stupid with how unusually fast everyone just became because plot demanded it, this one takes the cake for the worst episode ever. Iris is the team leader now? Why the fuck would that be the case? What does she offer to the team except being annoying? She was damsel in distress the entire season 3 where she did nothing of value and apparently sitting at the computer in-between seasons is super serious business.

Savitar did nothing wrong. The show could have been purged of the cancer that's Iris, but noooo, they had to stop him.
    DUDE I was thinking that same EXACT THING last night too.. WTF... she has NO skills, no science, no nothing to be deemed leader. She can play 'Overwatch' but to make her the leader was the STUPIDEST Idea ever in this show

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind her as team lead, just because it gives her something to do while the more capable field team does their own stuff.
    But that is the thing... she has NOTHING to offer in this show other than the love interest for Barry. I mean giving her Flash power for a few minutes to make her relevant was just stupid. Being Team Leader is the only other way they have to keep her on the show and that is just................

- - - Updated - - -

Iris is an intelligent, driven character, unless they want to use her as melodrama girlfriend shit.
    Except Felicity has proven many a time over that she DOES have a spot on the team as the Tech guru. I mean yea she is annoying too from time to time but she actually contributes to the teams successes and failures. Iris.................. does nothing but whine bitch and offer the occasional uplifting message to Barry when needed. She def needs t go

Deleted
    The worst part of this episode?

Why the FUCK does Iris have pink speed force? She's is supposed to be taking Barry's powers as is, exactly as he had them, but hers are pink because hurt durr she's a gurl...

Also at the end when Barry says "you want to teach an old dog a new trick" to Iris when he literally just talked her through how to do it.