Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i had such a collection of classics and discontinued products i wouldn't part with it easily either.
    Perhaps the person in question is just price checking in case of making up a will or to be less grim just plain curiosity what his hobby has earned him or her thus far.

I can't think of any sane reason why a person would really want to part with this unless they really need money, then again if you managed to build up such a steady collection over the years have a child do you really need the money? Would be a bit of drastic end of a hobby if that was the point i would put it in storage somewhere and sit on especially the less common items and just pass them on to my kids and watch other collectors throw absurd amounts down for it.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    So did the AVGN guy retired?

I'm pretty envious of that guy. If I had millions of dollars lying around I'd definitely pick it up because it's an awesome collection, but to be honest going to emulator route on a pc or buying the Wii ports is probably lot less of a hassle. I mean really, how many games in that collection are you really going to play? I feel like there are probably a handful of NES games I'd actually spend more than a few minutes on, and I grew up living and breathing that shit. SNES on forward I'd play more, but eh. I guess if I could afford $200k for games I could probably afford the time to play them, but who has the gaming time they had as a kid?

or.... hear me out... we could all pay $15-$120 (depending on area and service) for one month of internet and get the entire NES, SNES, and what not library in ROM format and play via an emulator. Not that I would know what those things even are, I am a sucker and still pay $30-$60 for the shiny inside the box.

oi.. how racist... "May not ship to Canada"... does he want the money or not? i hear in general the canadian economy is way better of and people tend to waste their money on more useless things than americans
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-10-08 at 05:32 PM.

Damn that is crazy. Not a big fan of sony lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats amazing, I am beyond jealous lol, now I wanna go home and play some Super Mario....SLEEPOVER MY HOUSE!!!!
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Someone was a very lonely child and a very awkward adult...

And for the shipping, that's going to cost a lot, but I guess if you're going to dump 200k on that shipping is a drop in the bucket.
    Yea but he's got a kid of his own, so he's got something on me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what I would do for something like this. I don't even know where I would put all of it at my house but shit I'd find a way.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Was going to buy it then saw he won't ship to the UK :/

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    oi.. how racist... "May not ship to Canada"
    I hear Canadian is a race now.

If I had the very disposable income, I'd try for it. Yeah, I can emulate the games now. But there's just something about sitting in a room at night, playing with the old systems on an old tv and having only crickets and the game sounds for company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    If I had the very disposable income, I'd try for it. Yeah, I can emulate the games now. But there's just something about sitting in a room at night, playing with the old systems on an old tv and having only crickets and the game sounds for company.
    agreed.

if i could afford it, i would love to have this set up.