Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nothing to see here, move along a cop kills an attempted murderer should be the title.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I can only say this as a guess, but after watching a few dozen police shoot outs it seems common for them to fire until the suspect is dead and mushed or they run out of bullets.

I'm no firearms expert though, so disregard my prior statement in favor of those more qualified than me.
    You are correct. If a police officer is shot at, his goal then is to eliminate the threat to his life and the amount of shots matter in the sense he is going to make sure he does. Best to keep in mind it is possible for a person to be shot several times and still be able to shoot back. This is a clear case of a policeman being shot at and him defending himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    police-say-off-duty-st-louis-cop-shot-teen-who-opened-fire-on-him/

No video of it. It's close to the Ferguson area where the other shooting took place.

"The way that one of the men ran -- grabbing at his waistband, slightly lopsided -- indicated that he was carrying a weapon, so the officer chased him"

The officer was off duty working a second job as security.

---------------

Protesters gathered in a St. Louis neighborhood late Wednesday after an off-duty police officer fatally shot an 18-year-old black man whom police say opened fire on the officer during a foot pursuit.

St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson, said the officer, a 6-year veteran of the force, was working for a private security company when he approached three men on the street.

"As he exited the car, the gentlemen took off running. He was able to follow one of them before he lost him and then found him again as the guy jumped out of some bushes across the street," Lt. Col. Alfred Adkins said. "The officer approached, they got into a struggle, they ended up into a gangway, at which time the young man pulled a weapon and shots were fired. The officer returned fire and unfortunately the young man was killed."

The way that one of the men ran -- grabbing at his waistband, slightly lopsided -- indicated that he was carrying a weapon, so the officer chased him, Dotson said.

Ballistic evidence recovered from the scene indicates that the man fired three rounds at the officer before his weapon jammed, Dotson said, adding that the gun was also recovered.

The officer fired 17 shots, Dotson said. He said he didn't know how many of those shots hit the suspect or why the officer fired that many shots.

"An investigation will decide if the officer's behavior was appropriate," he said at police headquarters.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that people claiming to be relatives of the victim identified him as 18-year-old Vonderrit Myers Jr. One woman, who claimed to be the victim's cousin, told the paper that the officer had mistaken a sandwich for a gun.

Adkins said the officer wasn't hurt, but did not describe any conversation between the officer and the three pedestrians.

Hours after the shooting, a crowd gathered at the scene. Some people shouted "Hands up, don't shoot" in reference to the fatal shooting in August of an unarmed black man, Michael Brown, by a white police officer. That shooting in Ferguson led to weeks of sometimes violent unrest in the St. Louis suburb. Officer Darren Wilson has not been charged in the shooting.

KTVI reported that some protesters were seen hitting police vehicles and shots were heard in the area. The station also reported that police largely backed off to give the protesters space.

No demonstrators were arrested and by 1 a.m. Thursday the crowd had largely dispersed.

correct title pls

Thief tries to kill security guard who is an off duty police officer, officer returns fire kills thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Hitting a moving target is very difficult even when an individual is highly trained. There's all sorts of factors to consider such as the speed of the target, their physique, the environment around them and whether or not they're wearing protective gear. That's another reason as to why American officers are trained to put a threat down through excessive firepower as it's a lot more reliable than shooting them once and hoping that they don't survive, get up and then shoot someone else.

Unfortunately a lot of people in this thread have no interest in actually bothering to see things from the perspective of a cop and will instead jump on the bandwagon of hating on them even when they're operating within the confines of the law and standard protocol.

Stabdard protocol is what allows cops to enforce the Texas sodomy law and shoot kids 17 fucking times.

Seriously, 17 fucking shots. I could understand if the cop shot once or twice, but 17 times? That goes beyond just trying to stop someone, that is murderous intent. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to travel into the states for any reason.

As a Canadian, I have genuinely feared for my life every time I am in your countey, because everyone is either fucking nuts or so on edge that the littlest thing will cause me to get shot 17 times.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Stabdard protocol is what allows cops to enforce the Texas sodomy law and shoot kids 17 fucking times.

Seriously, 17 fucking shots. I could understand if the cop shot once or twice, but 17 times? That goes beyond just trying to stop someone, that is murderous intent. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to travel into the states for any reason.

As a Canadian, I have genuinely feared for my life every time I am in your countey, because everyone is either fucking nuts or so on edge that the littlest thing will cause me to get shot 17 times.
    Then are u a criminal ? if not then why would u be afraid - and if yes then good, the law is protecting citizens from u cause ur shitscared of consequences of your crimes and it should be like this so normal people could live peacefully while criminal trash bites the dust.

he didn't hit him 17 times he fired 17 rounds most of them missed

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You really watch too much media on violence. The great majority of the US is safe. It is only in certain cities and even there in specific parts of that city, were high crime and shootings happen the great majority of the time. You also seem to know little about how many times you may need to shoot if a person is also armed shooting back at you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guns are used for either threat, or killing. One shot is not enough to stop him from firing unless it's lethal, you don't have the time (and VERY few have the skill) to aim an incapacitating shot without giving him plenty of time to kill you while you line it up.

I don't know what kind of dumb movies gave you the impression that you could shoot the gun out of hand, but when you're in a shootout IRL you either escape, surrender, or shoot to kill. And if you do shoot to kill, stopping after 1 bullet is idiotic.

Because getting shot at 3 times is "the littlest thing". Don't get me wrong, the situation with guns in the U.S is kind of insane and i wouldn't really want to travel there, but i'm more concerned that just about anyone can get a gun so easily than that a cop shot someone that tried to shoot him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, has this man shot other black teens? Or was this part of the OP's click bait?

Also, the guy shot at the guard. I mean, what other way can you spin this? Too much emphasize on race and his age. This was another dangerous PERSON who so happened to be young and carrying a dangerous weapon, used said weapon and didn't know who he was messing with.

Deleted
    I've never understood the dislike of police shooting more bullets than is absolutely necassary. They're trained to only shoot when they intend to kill, they do not maim or wound. Dead is dead, 5 bullets, 17, reload and shoot 34 times, it makes no difference.

In every country (even where guns are strictly regulated) that I know off they teach you that once you start shooting, you shoot to kill. Of course it's murderous, you shoot every bullet you have.

The suspect was armed with a gun. If you shoot him in the leg, he still has a gun. You go close to him and he'll shoot you. You basically shoot someone till he falls and then you shoot him when he's on the ground and easier to hit in vital parts so you're 100% sure he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I'm confused, has this man shot other black teens? Or was this part of the OP's click bait?

Also, the guy shot at the guard. I mean, what other way can you spin this? Too much emphasize on race and his age. This was another dangerous PERSON who so happened to be young and carrying a dangerous weapon, used said weapon and didn't know who he was messing with.
    Color skin had nothing to do with the event but i guess its more juicy that way mate also the title is a bait yeah.

I'm getting pretty sick of this race baiting shit. Shoot at someone, I don't care if they return 1 or 100 fucking fires. At that point, whatever gets the job done. Did they die at 30 shots of the 100? Who gives a fuck, they're already dead. Stop letting your dumb ass ganster wanna-be 18 years walk around with guns, rather than blame officers keeping these dumb asses from being a menace to society... White, black, fucking purple. Shoot at anyone, ESPECIALLY in uniform, you're bound to get ruined and if you do, no one should care.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most police departments (and academies) train police officers that if they open fire, you keep firing until the clip is empty and the target is on the ground. This is most likely to avoid claims of "You shot more because of [ethnicity]. " That why when their is a standoff witha lone suspect and mulitple police, if the suspect provokes fire, all cops open up fire independently and fire until their clips are empty.

I remember when I got to visit the Rochester NY Police training center for college and we saw the Rochester S.W.A.T. Team Leader fire about 2 shots a second on a moving target and hit every shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    correct title pls

Thief tries to kill security guard who is an off duty police officer, officer returns fire kills thief.
    Or the more news worthy title: "Angry mob of black criminals attempt to intimidate the local citizens and police when one of their own criminals is gunned down in the act of a crime"

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I am not overly fond of police, but this is clearly justified, if you fire at someone else, you should expect to be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Title Clickbait. Very misleading when you just say another cop shooting. HE (the not cop) PULLED OUT A GUN AND THEY ALL TOOK OFF RUNNING AWAY FROM SOMEONE. You don't think that's going to arouse suspicion???

Excessive shots were fired, but the "victim" pulled out a gun regardless. How about you don't sprint away from people and you don't pull guns on them?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

A police officer is shot at, and then fires back!? THIS WILL NOT STAND.

QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE! WE MUST BE SURE THAT THE POLICE OFFICER IS AT FAULT NO MATTER WHAT! Ascertain whether the shooter (that is, the person shooting at the cop) was of a racial minority! No? Sexual orientation minority!? NO?! An unorthodox religion perhaps!??1? NO??? WAS HE/SHE A SPACE ALIEN? CURSE YOU POLICE OFFICERS, WHY WOULD YOU SHOOT AT AN INNOCENT SPACE ALIEN
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-10-09 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    In every country (even where guns are strictly regulated) that I know off they teach you that once you start shooting, you shoot to kill. Of course it's murderous, you shoot every bullet you have.

The suspect was armed with a gun. If you shoot him in the leg, he still has a gun. You go close to him and he'll shoot you. You basically shoot someone till he falls and then you shoot him when he's on the ground and easier to hit in vital parts so you're 100% sure he's dead.
    Not too long ago there was an incident where police had to shoot at a man here in Finland where it's very rare that guns are ever drawn, the cop shot him in the leg and no one died. Of course not in all cases is this possible but to me it's pretty stupid to shoot to kill even when there would be a chance to only incapacitate.