Pets
    Racials
    Spell Priority / Opener / Mid Fight / Multi-Target
    Doomguard / Infernal
    Gear / Trinkets
    Specific Boss Encounter Tips
    Macros / Weak Auras

Introduction

Affliction Warlocks. Every expansion we have to relearn our class. We get changed more than underwear during The Fappening. But we are a proud class. We roll with the punches. We always find a way to take advantage of the gear/talents Blizzard bestows upon us and somehow find some "way" to top the meters.
    But this time it's a little different. For a while now we have been "snapshotting" our trinket procs with our DoTs. This is a thing of past. Things are going to be a little more mundane this expansion. I will do my best to help players improve their raid performance and hopefully help people have fun with this spec. After all it's just a video game.
    For those who are very new to Affliction Warlock...yikes! Should've been here last expansion. We were kings. We are a class based around DoTs which stands for Damage over Time. Also a part of our arsenal is a variety of pets. Our viability is based around how well we maintain the uptime of these DoTs on the target and how well we take advantage of our CD's and incoming trinket procs.

WoD Changes

Malefic Grasp is gone. In lieu of MG we now use Drain Soul as our only channel. The biggest changes in WoD include the death of DoT snapshotting and the end of haste breakpoints. Pandemic is now 30% baseline. All DoTs for Affliction are dynamic and update on their own. We don’t have to reapply DoTs when we have a proc. We also no longer can cast on the move without picking up the Kil'jaeden's Cunning talent. Fel Flame is also gone. Minimizing movement will have to become an art again like it was pre-MoP. We were lucky to keep Soulshatter so we can still pop it if we ever pull aggro (Fragrance take note of that).

Soul Shards

Soul Shards are our main resource. We start with 4 of them. Out of combat we regenerate 1 every 20 seconds. In combat we can only regenerate 1 through a Nightfall proc via a Corruption tick. We use Soul Shards to cast Haunt and Soulburn. A neat trick is to Soulburn 22-29 seconds before the pull. That way your Soulburn will still be active and you will have regenerated a Soul Shard free of charge.

Spells and Cooldowns - Single Target

Agony - This is our most powerful dot which does Shadow damage over 24 seconds. It gains a stack every time it does damage. (including ticks during Drain Soul) The higher the stacks the more powerful the tick. You want to keep this dot at 10 stacks throughout the entire fight. Always reapply this dot before it expires. Don't let it ever fall off.

Unstable Affliction - Causes Shadow damage over 14 seconds. If dispelled the dispeller takes damage and is silenced. Usually cast in conjunction with Haunt.

Corruption - Causes Shadow damage over 18 seconds. Has a 6% chance to generate a Soul Shard each time it does damage. (only on the most recently applied Corruption)

Haunt - Our only non DoT/Channel. Consumes a shard. Does Shadow damage to the target and then applies a debuff which increases the damage our DoTs do by 30% for 10 seconds.

Drain Soul - Our filler/execute. This Shadow damage channel not only does its own damage but also causes all DoTs on the target to instantly do 40% of their normal damage when it ticks. Deals 100% more damage to targets under 20%.

Soulburn - Consumes a shard. Enhances some abilities.

Soul Swap - Allows us to consume our DoTs (leaving them on the target) and transfer them to another target. Costs 1 shard. Using in conjunction with Soulburn will instantly apply Agony, Unstable Affliction, and Corruption. (2 shard cost)

Soulburn: Haunt (Lvl 100 talent) - Costs 2 shards. Puts a buff on the player that increases the damage of all dots on all targets by 20% for 30 seconds.

Dark Soul: Misery - Increases Haste by 30% for 20 seconds. 2 Min CD.

Command Demon - Commands you demon to perform it’s most “powerful” ability.

Spells and Cooldowns - AoE

Mannoroth's Fury - Lvl 90 talent. - Increases the area of effect by 500% and damage by 100% for Seed of Corruption. Can be used mid cast. I use it just at the end of my first SB:SoC cast.

Seed of Corruption - Puts a DoT on the target. Once the target takes enough damage from the caster the DoT explodes hitting all enemies within 10 yards.

Soulburn: Seed of Corruption - Corruption gets applied to all targets hit by Seed of Corruption

Please note that in WoD you can no longer apply by SB: SoC and SoC on the target. If the SB:SoC DoT is on the target and SoC is used before it explodes, the DoT will lose its Soulburn effect and just be a regular SoC. Stupid, I know.

Deciding whether to DoT up adds and use SoC or to spam SoC/SB:SoC off one target is heavily reliant on the number of adds and the length they are expected to be alive. For 5 adds or more that won’t live past 10 seconds don't waste time with DoTs. Just cast SB:SoC and spam SoC off one target (best case scenario...the boss). If they are expected to live longer than that then I would SB:SoC -> UA -> Agony, next target, UA -> Agony to each add and then use SoC as filler.

Talents

Tier 1 - Soul Leech is my favorite of this group. It creates a shield for you and your pet worth 30% of the damage you deliver capping out at around 47k. I'd only use Dark Regeneration if I had to soak something that really hits hard with Dark Bargain. (ie. Lei Shen solo soaking)

Tier 2 - I usually take Mortal Coil for an emergency heal. If your raid needs a stun then Shadowfury is your best bet.

Tier 3 - Soul Link is my favorite which basically is a 20% passive damage reduction. Can't complain about that. Dark Bargain has its uses this tier which I will get into in the encounter specific portion of the guide. In ilvl 660 gear Sacrificial Pact creates a 127k shield.

Tier 4 - Burning Rush can really save you out of a jam while on the run. Unbound Will can be used to get out of raid CC's (.ie Jin'Rokh)

Tier 5 - Grimoire of Supremacy

Tier 6 - Archimonde's Darkness is the go to talent. Mannoroth's Fury does have its moments though when there is a fight with adds around every minute. (ie Sha of Pride)

Tier 7 - The new hotness tier. Soulburn: Haunt all day everyday for multi-target. Unlike regular Haunt, the Haunting Spirits buff the caster gets is applied at the end of the cast instead of when the Haunt hits the target. At early ilvls Servitude is a better option on single target fights. I use Doomguard instead of Infernal.

Glyphs

Affliction Warlocks are blessed with Glyph freedom. I personally use:

Glyph of Siphon Life - Your Corruption damage will heal you.

Glyph of Eternal Resolve -10% damage reduction

Glyph of Healthstone - Receive 100% more healing from your stone over 10 seconds. Which will make it better than those bleeping Healing Tonics in some instances.

Other great alternatives includes:

Glyph of Soulstone - If you are lucky enough to be in charge of Rezzing

Glyph of Demonic Circle - When you want to knock a few seconds off your teleport cooldown.

Glyph of Unending Resolve - When you really don't want to be interrupted. (ie. Thok)

Glyph of Dark Soul is currently a DPS loss.

Stats

There are two new stats that WoD was nice enough to include to go along with Intellect, Crit,
    Mastery, and Haste. These two new stats are Multistrike and Versatility.

Intellect - Primary stat. Doesn't make me feel any smarter but whatevs. (increases Spell Power)

Critical Strike - Increases the chance your spells crit. 110 Crit = 1%

Haste - Affects the cast time of spells, the rate DoTs/channels tick, and a spells’ global cooldown. DoTs get a partial tick at the end, equal in damage to the ratio of that time and the full tick time..100 Haste = 1%

Mastery - Increases damage of Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction. 36 Mastery = 1%

Multistrike - Repeats an attack at 30% its value. 67 Multistrike = 1%

Versatility - Increases damage done and reduces damage taken. 129 Versatility = 1%

NO MORE HASTE BREAKPOINTS...ever. I know, I know we all liked taking the calculator out and we all loved asking Mr. Robot his opinion on things. But it will be ok. (it being ok is not guaranteed)

Stat Priority

Pre-WoD: Mastery > Mult ~= Crit ~= Haste ~= Int ~= Vers ~= SP

Pre-Raid: Int > SP > Mastery ~= Haste > Mult ~= Crit > Vers

BiS ST: Int > SP > Haste ~= Mastery > Multi ~= Crit > Vers

BiS 2 Targets: Int > SP > Mastery > Haste > Mult ~= Crit > Vers

Gemming

Sensei's Wild Jade is now +10 Crit and +10 Mastery

Lightning Wild Jade is now +10 Crit and +10 Haste

Keen Vermilion Onyx is now +10 Haste and +10 Mastery

Veiled Imperial Amethyst is now +5 Intellect and +10 Crit

Sockets are no longer guaranteed on gear. (Ya cool D3 much?) But if you're lucky enough to get one then:

Greater Mastery Taladite - +50 Mastery

No more socket bonuses in WoD

Enchants / Consumables

Cloak - Enchant Cloak - Gift of Mastery +100 Mastery +10% Movement Speed

Neck - Enchant Neck - Gift of Mastery +75 Mastery

Ring - Enchant Ring - Gift of Mastery +50 Mastery

Weapon - Enchant Weapon - Mark of Bleeding Hollow +500 Mastery for 12 seconds / Enchant Weapon - Mark of Warsong +1000 Haste, loses 10% every 2 seconds

Both do identical numbers ST. When multiple targets come into play Enchant Weapon - Mark of Bleeding Hollow is superior.

A long with that use Greater Draenic Intellect Flask, Draenic Intellect Potion, and Sleeper Surprise.

Racials

Horde

Pre-Raid

Mythic

Alliance

Pre-Raid

Mythic

But seriously it's mostly 70 to 100 DPS difference between all these. Blizz did a solid job balancing racials. Personally, I'm going Troll.

Pets

Observer on ST. Imp on Multi-Target. But seriously use whatever you want. If you're more comfortable playing with an Imp heal at your disposal absolutely use him. People like to argue night and day about pets. Use what you are most comfortable with. Your raid leader won't Vince McMahon "YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIIRED" you if you have an Imp out on ST. And if he does just give him a Stone Cold Stunner. I'll have a full set of numbers for each pet in ST and MT circumstances later.

Spell Priority

Soulburn: Haunt (Lvl 100 talent)
    Haunt
    Agony
    Corruption
    Unstable Affliction
    Drain Soul

Opener

Currently Servitude is better then SB: Haunt on ST with low gear but I did the rotation including SB: Haunt so people will have a good idea.

Ignoring the Soulburn 22-29 second before pull trick the opener would be:
    Precast Soulburn: Haunt -> Agony -> Unstable Affliction -> Corruption -> Dark Soul/Racial CD/On Use Trinket -> Drain Soul

Remember all DoTs are dynamic now. No need to reapply the DoT on trinket procs. Just let it do its thing.

Mid Fight

In times of movement, reapply Corruption and Agony. Engaging gameplay, I know. Try your best to have 98%+ uptime on your big three DoTs and Soulburn: Haunt. Reapply dots just as they are about to fall off. Same goes for Soulburn: Haunt and regular Haunt when you feel you need to chain it together. Always reapply just as the spell is expiring. Save regular Haunts for trinket procs unless you are near capping on shards and always go for 100% regular Haunt uptime during Dark Soul. Right in the last couple percentages of the bosses HP I usually spam Haunt and exhaust all my resources. It’s critical to use Dark Soul in conjunction with trinket procs. Don’t just burn Dark Soul when it’s off cooldown. Hold it til you get a trinket proc.

Multi-Target

I do not use Soul Swap. I can see it being used on timed adds in conjunction with the Glyph of Soul Swap. Inhaling it and holding it in for 20 seconds and allowing yourself time to regenerate some shards before the add actually comes out.
    I hard cast my dots and try to maintain 98% uptime on them on multi-target fights. Don't let those Agony stacks drop! I go for 98% Soulburn: Haunt uptime as well and try to do a solid job maintaining regular Haunt on all targets as well. It is incredibly shard draining but F it, do it live.

Doomguard (ST) / Infernal (AoE)

Use it how you see fit. If you want to get the most out of him use it during pull with lust/warp. If your raid needs a little extra dps during a certain point of a fight, then use it there. Infernal is great to drop on a pack of adds that seems to be wiping the raid. But usually I'm preferring my Doomguard. All Guardians update dynamically.

Gear

Pre-Raid:
    Helm: Crown of Power - Ragnaros (MC 10th Anniversary)
    Neck: Alc's Pendant of Fiery Dreams - Soulbinder Nyami (Auchindoun)
    Shoulders: Frost-Touched Shoulderpads - Gug'rokk (Bloodmaul Slag Mines)
    Back: Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon (with Greater Mastery Taladite) otherwise Cloak of Arcane Mysteries - Orebender Gor'ashan (Upper Blackrock Spire)
    Chest: Lightbinder Robes - Commander Tharbek (Upper Blackrock Spire)
    Bracers: Bracers of Arcane Mystery - Warlord Zaela (Upper Blackrock Spire)
    Gloves: Gloves of Arcane Mystery - Commander Tharbek (Upper Blackrock Spire)
    Belt: Frost-Touched Cord - Vigilant Kaathar (Auchindoun) / Lightbinder Girdle - Dulhu (The Everbloom)
    Legs: Windcrystal Leggings - 5000 Apexis Crystal / Leggings of Swirling Light - Dulhu (The Everbloom)
    Boots: Lightbinder Treads - Ner'zhul (Shadowmoon Burial Grounds)
    Ring 1: Darkflame Loop - Railmaster Rocketspark (Grimrail Depot)
    Ring 2: Diamondglow Circle - Vigilant Kaathar (Auchindoun) / Solium Band of Wisdom - Legendary Quest
    Trinket 1: Fleshrender's Meathook - Fleshrender Nok'gar (Iron Docks) / Primal Combatant's Insignia of Dominance PvP (Honor)
    Trinket 2: Coagulated Genesaur Blood - Yalnu (The Everbloom) / Primal Combatant's Badge of Dominance PvP (Honor)
    MH: Portal-Ripper's Staff - Ner'zhul (Shadowmoon Burial Grounds)
    OH: Staff

Didn't include any crafted gear.

Tier

Using Earthripple Shoulderpads

Trinkets

Blackrock Foundry

Specific Boss Encounter Tips (Mythic)

Kargath Bladefist

Setup in a way where you could min/max movement. Sit in between the AoE radii of two Flame Pillars while having a portal behind one incase you get Berserker Rush. As Aff I doubt you will ever go in the stands.

-Go with AD/Serv
    -Reapply DoTs to Kargath before switching to the tiger
    -You can gain a shard off the tiger when it dies
    -Use Corr/Agony when dodging the ground damage (red swirls/green swirls)

A big thing on this fight is not adding any extra movement that isn't needed. Only a strafe to the left or right is needed to miss the ground damage. Utilize your teleport/gateway to avoid the rush.

Twin Ogron

-KJC/SB:Haunt
    -Keep full dots on both bosses at all times
    -Try for 100% uptime on SB:Haunt
    -KJC during Quake
    -Always be at a 45° to any side of Pol (don't be directly in front, back, left, or right of him) when he's going to do his Arcane Shield Charge

This fight is a lot of movement. Use your KJC during his Quake. When you have moments during Quake to reapply UA to both bosses, do it. Even if it has 3-4 seconds left on it. Don't try to min/max casts and DoT remaining duration during Quake. It's better to use those moments to get those casts off rather then letting UA drop entirely. Set up Gateways for your melee to run out with Arcane Volatility. I used my teleport to either join Enfeebling group or to dodge fire.

Tectus
    -AD/KJC/MF all viable pending what your raid needs
    -Use Gateway/Portal to deal with Barrage mechanic
    -I'd suggest SB: Haunt but Cata might not be bad either
    -Drain soul regen off the adds

Your talents would all be based on the strat your guild uses. If your guild kills both Shards at the same time then I'd suggest Cata/MF. With rotation of DS->Cata->SB: SoC->MF->SoC. Now I never tried this. This is just theorycrafted. If your guild doesn't kill both Shards at the same time then SB: Haunt would be the wise choice. KJC is excellent for barrage.

Brackenspore
    -AD or KJC if you're doing the flamethrower
    -SB:Haunt
    -Drain Soul regen off Mind Fungus/Spores

Pretty simple fight. Keep everything dotted up and keep your shard regen high by Drain Souling off all the adds. You'd be better of concentrating on just the big add and the boss and ignoring the spores (just Drain Souling them right before death) Dotting them up can be a waste if you have a high on demand burst ranged comp. Controlling the flamethrower as a Aff Lock isn't a bad idea. I usually get everything dotted up with a fresh SB: Haunt up on Brack, Haunt the big add, pop all c/ds and gain stacks to about 50% flame energy and stop. I'm a big fan of cheesing the flamethrower stacks. Make sure to never go above 50% energy to A. have energy for an emergency green patch or B. so you don't by mistake cap your energy next go around.

The Butcher
    -AD
    -SB:Haunt
    -Drain Soul off the Cadavers right before impact for shards

The way I did it and worked best (managed to get r1 parse during prog then again farm) was to Dark Soul at start with Shards of Nothing, use my AD DS with Sudden Clarity right after while lust is still up (popped at start) trying to maintain 100% Haunting Spirits uptime with 90% Haunt up time. I did this by regening shards off the Cadavers trying not to Drain Soul for more than a quarter or a second. Wait for 20% to pop DS/Shards again with 2nd pot. Pop Clarity as soon as that ends.

Ko'ragh
    -AD
    -D Serv
    -Shard regen off adds
    -Dark Bargain can be used to soak (dot is shadow damage and eats your shield if you are doing that mechanic)

How you play will be strictly based on your guilds strat. If you are pushing the shied damage use your cooldowns on the shield. If you are pushing shields fine then use your cooldowns when the boss's shield runs out. Min max movement when you have fel flame, Drain Soul adds best you can for shards, using teleport/gateway if you are soaking.

Macros

Dark Soul/Racial/On Use Trinket
    #showtooltip Dark Soul
    /cast Dark Soul
    /cast Berserking
    /use 14

SB:SoC
    #showtooltip Seed of Corruption
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption

Mouse Over Soul Swap
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Soul swap
    /cast [target=Target] Soul swap
    /tar mouseover

Soulburn: Soul Swap (tap twice)
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [harm] reset=1/target soulburn, soul swap, null

Weak Auras

A great extensive Warlock Weak Auras thread can be found here.
    Last edited by cabana; 2015-02-18 at 12:42 AM.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome guide!

1 thing I noticed: Haste weapon enchant instead of the Mastery one. What's the reason for that?

I don't plan on playing Affliction, but this guide was well written, and a lot of fun. I marked out for the WWE references :P

Deleted
    Love it. Well written, humorous but to the point.

Epic choice of banner. I'm actually getting excited for WoD again!

AWESOME! Thank you for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Awesome guide!

1 thing I noticed: Haste weapon enchant instead of the Mastery one. What's the reason for that?
    Both enchants are simming identical both in preraid gear and bis on single target. Bleeding Hollow takes over in multi-target situations. I'll edit that in.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Great job.
    I love Aff. and still planning to play it in WoD.
    (even if i'm bored to tears.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

@ OP/Cabana Mastery for Aff scales at like 36 stat = 1% @lvl 100 not sure where the 17 value was found however if you site your info maybe the mistake is mine.

@Xskarma Comparing the enchants (Mastery 500 2.3 RPPM // Haste 1000 1.15 RPPM) The damage gain from each is super close DoT ticks wise however Haste scales with Pets vs. Mastery as Aff doesn't. Also smart game play with DS and on use trinkets will make the 1000 stats at once preferable to line up CD's. TBH willing to bet the DPS Gain/Loss is so close theory crafting more then what i posted above is pointless. Also Aff gets a 5% haste increase for stat's which i am fairly sure scales with any stat point gain even if it's enchat/trink/temp

Overall awesome guide thanks for all the work you are putting into this!!

Edit: Haste gain due to aff spec
    Last edited by Dutchlock; 2014-10-09 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchlock View Post
    @ OP/Cabana Mastery for Aff scales at like 36 stat = 1% @lvl 100 not sure where the 17 value was found however if you site your info maybe the mistake is mine.

@Xskarma Comparing the enchants (Mastery 500 2.3 RPPM // Haste 1000 1.15 RPPM) The damage gain from each is super close DoT ticks wise however Haste scales with Pets vs. Mastery as Aff doesn't. Also smart game play with DS and on use trinkets will make the 1000 stats at once preferable to line up CD's. TBH willing to bet the DPS Gain/Loss is so close theory crafting more then what i posted above is pointless. Also Aff gets a 5% haste increase for stat's which i am fairly sure scales with any stat point gain even if it's enchat/trink/temp

Overall awesome guide thanks for all the work you are putting into this!!

Edit: Haste gain due to aff spec
    You know what when I did the math I forgot I had mastery enchants on. Goofed that. You're right.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet. Keep up the good work!

Great guide thanks...did they remove Glyph of UA?

@ Cempa
    No. But I have a cast time of 0.97sec using mastery enchants and the glyph. It isn't worth because you go below gcd sometimes (ds, haste procs). That glyph was intended for pvp and its cast time increase debuff.

@Cabana
    Great job.
    Did you notice any improvement on soul leech? They buffed it to 30% instead of 20% from live but I still think it doesn't make any diff because the shield is so weak now that they adjusted damage/HP ratio. Even with a full cap shield its only 1hit you can absorb usually.

Deleted
    Great guide ^^
    Just one question: Are you sure that you need 70 crit rating for 1%? I remember calculating that on beta a few weeks ago and I think I came up with 120 but I'm not sure anymore and can't check it right now. Just seems a little bit strange as haste always needed lesser stats for 1% so I was wondering if they really changed that with WoD

Edit: Just noticed in the Demo guide the following ratings for 1% are given:
    Multistrike 66
    Crit 110
    Haste 80
    Versatility 130

So there seems to be a discrepancy with Haste and Crit?
    Last edited by mmoc05fd85e432; 2014-10-10 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome work. Thank you

@OP

Thank you for your effort! Very well done and I like your style
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Affliction gameplay looks engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Affliction gameplay looks engaging.
    AoE for Aff is going to be like juggling 10 balls at once.

is the UA glyph being taken out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    No it is still in game.

Great guide BTW Cabana, always solid information. This spec is putting me to sleep doe.. ZzZzZzZ...

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    look few posts above.
    <<No. But I have a cast time of 0.97sec using mastery enchants and the glyph. It isn't worth because you go below gcd sometimes (ds, haste procs). That glyph was intended for pvp and its cast time increase debuff.>>