Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoD WW BiS List for Discussion

Here is a repost of the list I made in the WW discussion thread.

As with any gearing post, this comes with the usual disclaimer about being only up to date for current data/builds and you should always check your own character against sims or current data and know what YOU should do.

Taken from sims/weights/spreadsheet data:

Single Target //Serenity ~

Head: Helm of the somber Gaze
    Neck: Darklight Necklace
    Shoulders: Mantle of the Somber Gaze
    Back: Drape of the Dark Hunt
    Chest: Vest of Forceful Fury
    Wrists: Bracers of Shattered Limbs
    Hands: Handwraps of the Somber Gaze
    Waist: Girdle of Unconquered Glory
    Legs: Legwraps of the Somber Gaze
    Feet: Furnace Tender's Treads
    Finger1: Spellbound Runic Band of Unrelenting Slaughter
    Finger2: Cinderwolf Cignet
    Trinket1: Beating Heart of the Mountain
    Trinket2: Humming Blackiron Trigger
    2H: Tal'rak, Bloody Skull of the Thunderlords
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer
    Off Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer

AoE//Chex

Head: Helm of the somber Gaze
    Neck: Darklight Necklace
    Shoulders: Mantle of the Somber Gaze
    Back: Drape of the Dark Hunt
    Chest: Vest of the Somber Gaze
    Wrists: Squire's Electroplated Bracers[/U]
    Hands: Treacherous Palms
    Waist: Girdle of Unconquered Glory
    Legs: Legwraps of the Somber Gaze
    Feet: Iron-Flecked Sandals
    Finger1: Spellbound Runic Band of Unrelenting Slaughter
    Finger2: Unexploded Explosive Shard
    Trinket1: Meaty Dragonspine Trophy
    Trinket2: Beating Heart of the Mountain
    2H: Tal'rak, Bloody Skull of the Thunderlords
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer
    Off Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer

Updated: 2.5.15

I'll add the "other" options as time constraints allow and as discussion about BiS or as stat weights change, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit List:

11/5/14 - Updated Serenity (Single target) scale factors
    11/6/14 Chex factors being actively updated
    11/9/14 Serenity links updated
    11/9/14 Chex items updated given new stat weights (google doc kept most uptodate)
    11/9/14 - Cleaned up main post
    11/12/14 small update to Serenity scale factors
    11/12/14 updates to Chex stat weights
    11/12/14 - added stat weight pictures to google doc
    11/13/14 - Updated trinket list for ST based on sims
    12/2/14 - Updated Single Target trinket list based on sims given 12/1/14 trinket changes
    2.2.15 - Updated single target list on google doc - this is where I'll be keeping everything updated from now on - AoE stuff in queue.
    2.7.15 - Trinket sims included on both Serenity and Chex tabs

2.5.15 Note: For those of you who don't read the whole post, I will NOT be keeping the above list updated from today. Instead, I'll instead be most likely making changes directly on the google doc listed below as changes aren't nearly as obnoxious to keep up with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Anmity; 2015-02-08 at 12:02 AM.
    Anmity ~ Apitome ~ Aminence ~ Antendre ~ Avasive ~ Athereal ~ Antropy ~ Anigma ~ Apiphany ~ Aquivocal ~Amancipate ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Great stuff! Thanks Anmity! I don't have much time to click all links, but I assume there will be some crossover between sets. Keeping in mind, you'll be using haste/multistrike on like 14/17 fights.

One discussion comes from what to really switch out. Haste and multistrike are a hair's breath from each other as far as how they're currently weighted for Chex but if you go for a full haste build to more fully benefit Chex > Serenity, the idea is to either:

A) Switch out your enchants every time you have an AoE vs Single Target fight,

B) Have a slightly downgraded set of gear with pieces that are easy to switch (neck/rings/cloak),

[-Cloak you don't lose too much in the way of stats
    -Rings...I'd only switch your 2nd ring so maybe just switch one enchant and switch out the other full ring to one listed above?
    -Neck - the next highest dps neck with haste on it is loses a decent amount of stats and is from Highmaul. There's another BRF neck you can use but as I mention above it's got mastery on it so...there's that. ]

C) Steal a identical second set of gear because rogues, ferals/guardians, enhance, and hunters probably don't need that gear as much as we need it, right? RIGHT?

That being said, we're putting the cart a bit before the horse. You'll really want to gear up collecting as much haste/MS gear as possible as it'll benefit you on the majority of fights since that's where we'll be using Chex.
    Last edited by Anmity; 2014-10-10 at 03:52 AM. Reason: I forgot huntards...lawl
    Anmity ~ Apitome ~ Aminence ~ Antendre ~ Avasive ~ Athereal ~ Antropy ~ Anigma ~ Apiphany ~ Aquivocal ~Amancipate ~

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be ideal to swap out enchants, but it may also be pricy. With farming for pots, food, flasks, I don't see many people also wanting to farm for enchants. That said, it's maybe 3 fights out of the entire tier that we won't be using a Haste set, so...

Deleted
    Does the Tier Pieces always have same stats, or are they created like Timeless isle gear with random stats each time?

Also the first 10 links have extra HTTP there so the link is broken

Also as Highmaul dont have tier, ii guess we want Haste and Multistrike pieces as much as possible.
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2014-10-10 at 11:16 PM.

1) Links should work now. Thank you for pointing that out.
    2) It's my understanding that tier pieces always have at least those stats on them as linked above (we'll call those their 'stable stats.')
    ~That being said, tier does have a chance to "roll" warforged status, tertiary stats, or sockets on them. This is what will make "nitty-gritty" comparisons as you get pieces that have rolls on them more difficult...
    3) Yes, through Highmaul and pre-Tier access you'll want as much Haste/Multi-St as possible as both stats benefit both single target and AoE setups.
    Last edited by Anmity; 2014-10-14 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    Cheers, thanks for the work and research

Deleted
    is there any pre-raid bis list?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysmera View Post
    Keeping in mind, you'll be using haste/multistrike on like 14/17 fights.
    With the recent change to Chi Explosion, does anyone know if this will still be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysmera View Post
    Great stuff! Thanks Anmity! I don't have much time to click all links, but I assume there will be some crossover between sets. Keeping in mind, you'll be using haste/multistrike on like 14/17 fights.
    Yeah, I don't really agree with this statement at all. There are plenty of fights where Serenity is a better choice, specially with the new "nerf" to Chi-Explosion, but before that nerf, I still say that Chi Explosion wasn't the best outside a few, literally maybe 3 within High Maul. I know Blackrock is different, but off the top of my head, I'm seeing many of the fights in there Serenity based. If you think I'm wrong, please let me know.
    Captnandcoke
    "I wish I could trade my heart for another liver, so then I could drink more and care less"

<The Horsemen> #1 9 Hour A Week Guild
    Twitch - Captnandcoke
    Armory - Captnandcoke

Under which circumstances would you use the AoE set? 3+ targets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxajziegxx View Post
    Yeah, I don't really agree with this statement at all. There are plenty of fights where Serenity is a better choice, specially with the new "nerf" to Chi-Explosion, but before that nerf, I still say that Chi Explosion wasn't the best outside a few, literally maybe 3 within High Maul. I know Blackrock is different, but off the top of my head, I'm seeing many of the fights in there Serenity based. If you think I'm wrong, please let me know.
    I think you are wrong

In my last tests Chex was better than bok (again) even in a singletarget fight.
    while the inital dmg of bok is higher, the 50% dot of chex makes it stronger.
    my test:

15,9/16,8 are the highest crits i got in this test
    Chex 15,9 + 50% = 23,8
    BoK 16,8 + 30% = 21,8

not only will chex always be better as long as you can hit 2 targets with it, but it won't be totally bad in a singletarget fight either. sure, you miss out on serenity and only get a stack of teb for 3chi usage, but if someone loves chex and don't want to switch it out, that's ok too i guess. at least you won't lose like 5k dps.

also, if your gear gets better you get more haste and serenity will slowly lose it's value

Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    is there any pre-raid bis list?
    http://downloads.nestar.ca/BiS_Gear_Lists/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...estar/advanced

Thank Nestar as they've been gracious enough to put together a pre-raid BiS list for every class. If you have any burning questions, Nestar said you can get ahold of him on the monk IRC Peak of Serenity on the Cold Front server.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiphany View Post

Thank Nestar as they've been gracious enough to put together a pre-raid BiS list for every class. If you have any burning questions, Nestar said you can get ahold of him on the monk IRC Peak of Serenity on the Cold Front server.

hmmm wish they included which 3 crafting items would be best to get. Like I was wondering if since you can only wear 3 crafted items if getting the 2h staff and 2 armor pieces would be better then getting 2 1hers and 1 armor piece

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    hmmm wish they included which 3 crafting items would be best to get. Like I was wondering if since you can only wear 3 crafted items if getting the 2h staff and 2 armor pieces would be better then getting 2 1hers and 1 armor piece
    I went with dungeon gear only on my lists with the intention that crafted would be chosen to replace the ones you had trouble collecting. Stat wise, the crafted can be rerolled (at significant expense I might add) so can technically fill any slot with relative ease.

By the time you walk into raid most people will also have attainted the 640 helm from the LFR event and as well as decent progression on the legendary ring, Last I read 680 wasn't out of the question by that point, but I've been unable to confirm this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    I went with dungeon gear only on my lists with the intention that crafted would be chosen to replace the ones you had trouble collecting. Stat wise, the crafted can be rerolled (at significant expense I might add) so can technically fill any slot with relative ease.

Alright thanks

Deleted
    wow nice, thanks for your work nestar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apiphany View Post

Great work Nestar, but are you sure about the statweights? I thought MS was way higher than it shows on single target gear (Serenity spec). Maybe it has something to do with it being the start of the expansion and the limited amount of stats we can get?

Deleted
    It's the statweigth with 630/640 ilvl, when you will reach 680-695, you will probably see some changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    It's the statweigth with 630/640 ilvl, when you will reach 680-695, you will probably see some changes.
    Great, thanks. Thats what I thought