Geodew,
    I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I wanted to point out a few things about how we calculate set bonuses and trinkets. If you ever think they are wrong, hit is up and we'll take a look, adjust as needed.

Set bonuses: we run a ton of different scenarios through SimC with and without each set bonus. Then we find the difference and attribute that difference to the set bonus. Let's say the difference is 4k healing. We give that a value in the most related stat, like intellect. Let's say it would take 304 intellect to do an extra 4k in healing, we assign the set bonus 304 int. Then, as you change the stat weights, the set bonus is chosen dynamically based off the weights you use. Now, often we need to re-run these if simC changes something about modeling them, etc etc. So it's good to hit us up if you think something is off.

Trinkets: we run a ton of simulations on trinkets as well. We then do a similar process as we do with set bonuses, by assigning the proc to the most relevant stat. Even though we do all of that, we do suggest people pick their favorite trinkets, because often they time up with different abilities. Or some people like on-use and some people hate them, you get the idea.

As for set bonuses, we want to add a toggle for people to force them on/off to override the stat weight system.

And, items will be live soon on our site. There's one word of caution: they will be live BEFORE stat weight updates. So if you want to play with gear, be sure to change the stat weights as necessary.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Set bonuses: we run a ton of different scenarios through SimC with and without each set bonus. Then we find the difference and attribute that difference to the set bonus. Let's say the difference is 4k healing. We give that a value in the most related stat, like intellect. Let's say it would take 304 intellect to do an extra 4k in healing, we assign the set bonus 304 int. Then, as you change the stat weights, the set bonus is chosen dynamically based off the weights you use. Now, often we need to re-run these if simC changes something about modeling them, etc etc. So it's good to hit us up if you think something is off.
    The Mistweaver SimC module is wildly and utterly broken. Almost everything Serpent Stance isn't implemented. So I'm not sure what you're talking about there and how you get the results for healers. Keep up the good work, though; AMR saves me a lot of trouble
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Geodew for pres! Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    The Mistweaver SimC module is wildly and utterly broken. Almost everything Serpent Stance isn't implemented. So I'm not sure what you're talking about there and how you get the results for healers. Keep up the good work, though; AMR saves me a lot of trouble
    pwnt

lol.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

It looks like the owner of this guide is no longer going to update anything here. Someone may want to start a new guide.

Damn I only just realized that I'm still quoted about Uplift vs CE from before the 6.1 buff. That's awkward.

I nominate Geodew to take over the guide provided he can keep the length under that of a full set of Encyclopedia Britannica.

On a totally different topic, after actually playing MW in a live setting for the past couple of weeks, I can't remember how I functioned in a world without Pool of Mists. Dumping 4 ReMs in a row is probably the most satisfying thing I've ever done as a healer. Pool of Mists for president 2016. The unfortunate side effect is that I have a hard time figuring out if Uplift actually does anything when it's hitting 12+ targets. 12k average Uplift hit across a fight is a bit underwhelming for the big epic ability Chi is supposed to fuel.

I've come to realize that what I really want out of MW is the ability to have both Pool of Mists and Chi Explosion at the same time, but I can't ever use Chi Explosion because Pool of Mists is too good. I'd even like to play around with BotS some, but Pool of Mists is too good, but I love Pool of Mists too much to want to nerf it or get rid of it. So yeah, Pool of Mists baseline, don't let your dreams be dreams, just do it.

Pool of Mist should be baseline and not a talent.

Honestly, who wants to go back to 2 random jumps.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Dem updates.

Put in new information regarding tier 18 gear and gems. Removed and updated some old sections. Added 6.2 patch notes.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Pool of Mist should be baseline and not a talent.

Honestly, who wants to go back to 2 random jumps.
    Reminds me of WoD beta discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Reminds me of WoD beta discussions.
    Actually what's funny is that back then the disparity between PoM and the other talents was because the other talents were pure garbage. Then they buffed the other talent in 6.1, but PoM's value gets higher and higher with increased MS so it still stayed super far ahead. It's not really even that PoM is that good on its own but that the ReM reset procs are just so awkward without PoM once you get a decent amount of MS.

I just find it funny that it was extremely obvious as soon as the Jade Mists passive went in that it was predicted that it would make PoM nearly mandatory for the rest of forever just due to the nature of the charge system being vastly superior to the cooldown system when it comes to resetting CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    wait til you get to play with PoM and 30%+ multistrike, it actually makes Uplift a very powerful ability.
    Like I literally said this back in October and have only just now gotten to see what the looks like for myself and it's just as good as I thought it would be. If you want a nice trip down memory lane, go back and read the first 10-20 pages of this thread and how shockingly accurate everyone was with what MW would look like in this tier. It's quite an interesting contrast to the only narrative MWs have heard from any kind of developer which is basically "you don't know what you're talking about."

Deleted
    Hello fellow mistweavers.

Thanks for your good discussions. I got a question regarding raidenvironment in Hellfire Citadel. For quite a few fights in my guilds progression throughout mythic BRF and Highmaul even, I've been benched on most 4 healer fights due to be playing monk mistweaver. Our healerraid-team is 1 x disc, 1 x hpally, 1 x shaman, 1 x restodruid and me (mw monk). The Healerofficer main reason is due to the lack of throughput cd other than just revival, whereas druids have treeform etc. (Worth to mention that it's been told to me over and over again from raidleader, GM etc. that it is not a skill-issue simply a class one.)

My question is though, is it in HFC mostly 4 healer fights and in case of a upcoming benched situation again a la BRF what are good argument points where monks shine compare to its counterparts?

Thanks for your advice.

Kind regards,

Moppe

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Like I literally said this back in October and have only just now gotten to see what the looks like for myself and it's just as good as I thought it would be. If you want a nice trip down memory lane, go back and read the first 10-20 pages of this thread and how shockingly accurate everyone was with what MW would look like in this tier. It's quite an interesting contrast to the only narrative MWs have heard from any kind of developer which is basically "you don't know what you're talking about."
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I have almost 42% MS buffed and more often than not in burst scenarios, I have ReM on 20/20 players. It's mental.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moppe View Post
    Hello fellow mistweavers.

Thanks for your good discussions. I got a question regarding raidenvironment in Hellfire Citadel. For quite a few fights in my guilds progression throughout mythic BRF and Highmaul even, I've been benched on most 4 healer fights due to be playing monk mistweaver. Our healerraid-team is 1 x disc, 1 x hpally, 1 x shaman, 1 x restodruid and me (mw monk). The Healerofficer main reason is due to the lack of throughput cd other than just revival, whereas druids have treeform etc. (Worth to mention that it's been told to me over and over again from raidleader, GM etc. that it is not a skill-issue simply a class one.)

My question is though, is it in HFC mostly 4 healer fights and in case of a upcoming benched situation again a la BRF what are good argument points where monks shine compare to its counterparts?

Thanks for your advice.

Kind regards,

Moppe
    If your Rl thinks that Druid/shaman/monk are actually better than the other 2, they're mistaken. No real difference to bringing any of 2/3 of these classes, but no Fox makes rev better than tranq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the difference in HFC is monks have extend life, and druids do slightly more tank hps.

Yes in HFC you should 100% bring a monk over a druid, the advantage for druid doesn't really exist anymore.

I mean, basically everything other than disc and 1st pally is a stiff competition for the other 2 raid spots this xpac between 2nd pally, shaman, holy, drood, and monk

they're all close enough it really starts to come down to how good each player is or if spirit link is really good on a fight (it's great on most fights)

so I'd say its mostly to who the better players are between you 3, but with spirit going way down, druids are going to take a big hit (they were struggling in the end fights of this last tier even and will continue to do so on long fights)

diffuse/dampen can be huge on some fights and give soaking potential (way better than bear form+barkskin+blink), I'd argue that cocoon and revival are probably better than ironbark and tranq, and that we have better stacked healing, although they have better spread healing, we can reset fights, ToD can help with shit like pillars on kromog and elementalists on BF during prog

outside of stacked fights, shaman aren't too great too, and they lack good defensives and mobility, but spirit link and HTT are hard to compete with

but overall I'd say atm most healers are close enough it's up to player skill outside of a paladin, disc isn't needed for every fight, although they're great for a lot of reasons though, and just necessary for several fights, but droods are holy priests are possibly the weakest by a small margin

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but resto shamans are as mandatory as holy paladins and disc priests. You would never do progression without a resto shaman. My comment is more talking about the final 4th healer spot. Monks simply do what druids do better with extend life, on top of naturally doing higher sustained hps, and coming with all the perks of being a monk this tier.

Of course player skill DOES come into this, but equal skill monk>druid this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    Dem updates.

Put in new information regarding tier 18 gear and gems. Removed and updated some old sections. Added 6.2 patch notes.
    Glad to see you changed your mind and updated the guide!

That list was more a continuation of a discussion between Suplift and I, not sure yet it's good.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-06-17 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Glad to see you changed your mind and updated the guide!

That list was more a continuation of a discussion between Suplift and I, not sure yet it's good.
    I'll try to get confirmation that those Jungle Assassin boots actually drop from trash because those are really good.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    I'll try to get confirmation that those Jungle Assassin boots actually drop from trash because those are really good.
    You should also put 125 stat food and runes ;-)

I'll ask a mod to change title for 6.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    If your Rl thinks that Druid/shaman/monk are actually better than the other 2, they're mistaken. No real difference to bringing any of 2/3 of these classes, but no Fox makes rev better than tranq.
    I chose to take a druid for BH progress based on the value of HotW + Tranq in the first AND last phase, there wasn't much in it. If fox didn't exist right now, I would have taken a monk instead. And next patch like you said we will value Revival more than channelled CDs because of the constraints of living in a no-fox world.

Also look forward to getting your 4-set Moppe. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Modulo View Post
    I chose to take a druid for BH progress based on the value of HotW + Tranq in the first AND last phase, there wasn't much in it. If fox didn't exist right now, I would have taken a monk instead. And next patch like you said we will value Revival more than channelled CDs because of the constraints of living in a no-fox world.

Also look forward to getting your 4-set Moppe. <3
    Problem is, every druid was asked to be moonkin and sent on balcony on Blackhand.. so having a resto druid was a luxury.