10+ Year Old Account
    Our stats weight for 6.2 is update in the first page?

Oh nice, they fixed RJW falling off making you stand up from eating expensive food

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryvia View Post
    Our stats weight for 6.2 is update in the first page?
    Not sure I understand, but 6.2 weights aren't done yet. They'll be fairly close to 6.1 weights, though, I think mainly with less emphasis on crazy Spirit amounts.

Haste's value goes up, but it looks like it'll actually be roughly canceled by the effectively-mandatory amounts of Haste (even at the lower 6.1 stat weight) increasing diminishing returns. So end result is that it'll be about the same.

Spellpower also has more DR too, obviously. So end result will be about Int -15%, Spirit -25%, actually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    yep, but people naturally have leech on their gear sometimes so it's not always accurate. however the leech trinket seems to be adding around 20%~ healing in most fights, is that what we believed the heroic version would do the majority of the time?
    Here were numbers for Mythic version

Average raid-wide ilvl 700
    TOTAL (single-target healing, single-target DPS, 5 healers): 3458.62 points (+31.44% healing from empty gear slot)
    TOTAL (single-target healing, AoE DPS, 5 healers): 4006.22 points (+36.42% healing from empty gear slot)
    TOTAL (AoE healing, single-target DPS, 5 healers): 3827.47 points (+34.80% healing from empty gear slot)
    TOTAL (AoE healing, AoE DPS, 5 healers): 4375.05 points (+39.77% healing from empty gear slot)

Subtract out 11.69% healing from the Spirit
    19.75, 24.73, 23.11, 28.08

Multiply by 0.45/0.52 for Mythic->Heroic
    17.09, 21.4, 20.00, 24.3

So you should be seeing maybe slightly above 20% on average if the overheal estimate is correct. Sounds correct so far.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-06-27 at 05:55 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what the doom and gloom is about with mistweaver. Early logs are showing mistweaver being better than resto druids on basically all bosses (save Xhul'horac but resto druids really aren't that great here either) past Gorefiend. On all other bosses Mistweaver vs Resto druid is close enough without set bonuses for it not to really matter what you pick. Once you have set bonuses I'm positive mistweavers will be ahead on all bosses in terms of hps, compared to resto druids.

The real thing mistweavers should be qqing about is resto shamans, disc priests and holy paladins. That said, mistweavers are strong enough to always be taken in a 4 heal comp if you're a skilled healer. I think that's a fine place to be in honestly. This would only become an issue if x2 resto shamans became a thing, which might happen tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I think we just overhealed most of the early fights, so I didn't really get a good idea of the burstiness or druid v mw myself. We were about even with him pulling ahead significantly if we were overhealing a lot, of course.

P.S. although MW feels bursty, druid usually does better somehow. We beat druid at raw hps (sustained), not burst, judging from WoD logs in general. Of course our burst is decent still.
    For Druids to match the burst potential of a mistweaver with extend life, they would have to take HoTW/ToL. I'm not sure how worthwhile it is, considering the high sustained damage on the later fights in this instance.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-06-27 at 09:37 AM.

I thought I made it abundantly clear that it may not even be a problem yet. It's just something on the horizon that might suddenly rear its ugly head.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I made it abundantly clear that it may not even be a problem yet. It's just something on the horizon that might suddenly rear its ugly head.
    I don't think this will be an issue till legendary ring. And if legendary ring works off overhealing, mistweavers would arguably be even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    if legendary ring works off overhealing
    I think devs said it won't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    For Druids to match the burst potential of a mistweaver with extend life, they would have to take HoTW/ToL. I'm not sure how worthwhile it is, considering the high sustained damage on the later fights in this instance.
    Is ToL not pretty good? Our Druid seems to take it often

10+ Year Old Account
    I think devs said it won't
    Are you sure? I don't think i've seen anything about this.

Is ToL not pretty good? Our Druid seems to take it often
    (lack of resto druid knowledge here) It's good yeah, they just lose on sustained hps by taking it. I think most druids use it anyway.

sotf and tol both pull about the same overall hps, incarnation is a lot easier to so well with and gives more mana control for high damage areas

most druids have accepted that they should play around doing almost no healing in low dmg periods and dump all their mana when stuff is going out

yeah though, druids aren't gonna be doing more healing than monks unless people aren't being topped off for more than 15s though, just because of chi pooling, and chi burst are gonna easily outheal droods in shorter periods of missing hp

they're fine in what they need to do, their bigger issue is still just that they lack the mana pool to survive through fights like blast furnace, blackhand, tyrant, etc. where damage is always coming

I think there are some places where they'll really be able to do well inn mythic, but like holy priests, you actually have to be ok to do just about anything on that class

that said though, hots don't look like they'll be good on mythic tyrant which'll probably be the main healing fight, but I could see them be really useful just dumping all their mana in the last phases of xhulhoroth, mannoroth, dragging hands, etc., and fights where specific targets need more healing, but I'm not sure there are any, other than tyrant's healing absorb, which'll be either 2 pallies or 2 shamans if the guild has access to that with more normal guilds just 5 healing

that and even in spots where they are good, a good holy priest is usually better (although nobody has one of those)

Quick question, out of the following 3 trinkets which would you use.

Elementalist's shielding talisman H (685)
    Chipped Soul Prism (Kazzak Trinket)
    Ironspike Chew Toy H (685)

Im assuming the first 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    Quick question, out of the following 3 trinkets which would you use.
    Slakos' trinket spreadsheet in my signature has been updated for 6.2 already.

I'd go into most fights with elementalists and soul prism, and then swap soul prism for chew toy if you wipe and feel more mana could've helped on progress

Hmm okay. Was thinking the prism would rate a little higher but alot of the stats are really viable so makes sense. Thanks

So I did normal Archimonde tonight and I couldn't help but realize that it felt nearly impossible to use RJW on this fight. You can RJW in P1, but there is nearly no raid damage. You can RJW in P2, but there is no real raid damage until 55% when the Overfiends start coming. Once you cross into P3 at 40% though, Demonic Feedback hits melee too and then it was basically impossible to use RJW to combat the massive raid damage going on. If you go into the Nether, you can't (and really shouldn't have to) use RJW there either and actually be effective.

This might sound like a silly question, but what exactly am I supposed to do if RJW isn't an option for nearly an entire fight?

I've spent most of the fight as a DPS because my guild is fat on healers atm but when I was healing it I found some key points for RJW. I'd FW until first knockup and RJW into the soak pile, swapping between the two for the phase 1 mechanics. P2/P3 you can RJW every time chains are being broken; it should be staggered enough such that most of it is effective healing. When the felborne overlord loses 25% health it also pulses an AoE so you can watch for that and time RJW for it accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarudomi View Post
    I've spent most of the fight as a DPS because my guild is fat on healers atm but when I was healing it I found some key points for RJW. I'd FW until first knockup and RJW into the soak pile, swapping between the two for the phase 1 mechanics. P2/P3 you can RJW every time chains are being broken; it should be staggered enough such that most of it is effective healing. When the felborne overlord loses 25% health it also pulses an AoE so you can watch for that and time RJW for it accordingly.
    Yeah I mean there are times to use it before P3, but it seemed like raid damage was so low outside of P3 that it almost felt like we had too many healers to the point where RJW was totally unnecessary (outside of the 55-40 stretch where Overfiends come) but then we got to P3 and Feedback meant even the melee were spread out 24/7. Were we just supposed to stack and unstack for Feedback or something? I couldn't really tell how effective that would be since I was in the Nether half of the time (eating a quarter of the mob's health was pretty good).

I'm not sure if we were just supposed to be stacking between Feedbacks and we were just doing it wrong, or if RJW was just the wrong choice.

yeah chain breaks, any damage that may come from the fel guards, breaks between orbs as they likely won't have 100% uptime in p1, and then p3 has chains and rain of chaos/infernal damage helped me a ton on normal arch, and feedback has a 12s cd and it usually takes him another 6s past that to actually cast it, just move in and out of melee to use it as needed imo

chi torpedo could also work to some extent by rolling through after feedbacks and not staying, but it would also mean you lose healing every time you roll for movement, and I'd rather not feel punished for rolling

and xuen this xpac is basically like giving up on ever getting use out of the other 2 (see: tectus) and just going for dmg, he could help some with the adds, but other than that, very mediocre

rjw to just dump mana into healing with all the infernal and chain dmg in p3 is prolly the best choice, and just move in and out of melee for feedback

Just a quick question. When FW with PoM. You should prioritize using all RSK charges and only prioritize BK when you want to refresh your buff correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This might sound like a silly question, but what exactly am I supposed to do if RJW isn't an option for nearly an entire fight?
    I'm not sure what to do for Archimonde either because I feel like I haven't fully grasped all the mechanics and their interactions yet, but normally, RJW melee. It hasn't really happened before where you can't do that. If that's not an option either, then drop most of your Spirit and GL

Just a quick question. When FW with PoM. You should prioritize using all RSK charges and only prioritize BK when you want to refresh your buff correct?
    Yeah, that's how it should be done. And then with no RSK charges use Blackout.

Yeah, buffs > RSK > BOK filler