Page 3 of 451 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    With that said from TT i feel that MW is in bad spot for most of the high end guilds. It feels MW heals need to be much stronger compared to other healers couse of the lack of utility and powerful Raid CD

Quote Originally Posted by unfsoda View Post
    With that said from TT i feel that MW is in bad spot for most of the high end guilds. It feels MW heals need to be much stronger compared to other healers couse of the lack of utility and powerful Raid CD
    Which has been MW's problem for a long time. You can do the same healing as a Shaman, Druid, Paladin, or Holy Priest, but at the end of the day Revival/Life Cocoon/Tiger's Lust/Crane is an awful utility kit when you look at Hymn/GS/Lifegrip/Feathers, Tranq/Ironbark/Stampeding, HTT/SLT/Ascendance, or Devo/Hand of Sacrifice/HoP/HoF. It's just in a weird state where it needs to do OP healing to be useful because the only utility MW as a spec has that everyone else doesn't have the same but better stuff is doing damage, but you can get more damage simply by bringing better players or dropping your Ret Paladin for a Warrior. Having the only viable utility for a healer being damage is kind of weird.

Of course what happens when you bring up Revival/Life Cocoon is other MWs making crazy irrational (or sometimes just misinformed) arguments that Revival is actually somehow better than Tranq/HTT/Hymn or Life Cocoon isn't completely terrible.

Deleted
    what enchants are we going to use btw during the pre patch? and flask? still mop or do I need to farm cata like my guildes

Deleted
    I am a bit confused to when to use 'Detonate Chi' spell. I assume though on stacked fights, (currently on live, plenty of mastery orbs are around the stacked up group for example) when players get low, I can simply use detonate chi that way and they get healed? Is detonate chi showing up as a spell on logs etc. or is it a part of Gift of the Serpent?

Quote Originally Posted by Moppe View Post
    I am a bit confused to when to use 'Detonate Chi' spell. I assume though on stacked fights, (currently on live, plenty of mastery orbs are around the stacked up group for example) when players get low, I can simply use detonate chi that way and they get healed? Is detonate chi showing up as a spell on logs etc. or is it a part of Gift of the Serpent?
    It shows up as the same spell ID as GotS that normally expires. Supposedly the way the spell functions is that it just sets all GotS spheres time to detonate to 0 and that's all.

As for when you should use it...

Uh..

Maybe if literally the entire raid is damaged, stacked up, and you've been building a bunch of spheres for the last 30 seconds. Then it might be worth the mana cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moppe View Post
    Generally, you do not want to use Detonate Chi. The spell costs mana and provides no real healing benefit because your Healing Spheres will expire naturally and deal their full healing to anyone within range anyway. The only time the spell proves useful is if you have many Healing Spheres in a location that the raid or group will not be near when the Healing Spheres expire. In this scenario, the natural expiration of the spheres would cause no healing, so detonating them early could prevent a loss of healing for a slight mana cost.

I've added this to the guide, thanks for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    Generally, you do not want to use Detonate Chi. The spell costs mana and provides no real healing benefit because your Healing Spheres will expire naturally and deal their full healing to anyone within range anyway. The only time the spell proves useful is if you have many Healing Spheres in a location that the raid or group will not be near when the Healing Spheres expire. In this scenario, the natural expiration of the spheres would cause no healing, so detonating them early could prevent a loss of healing for a slight mana cost.

I've added this to the guide, thanks for bringing it up.
    Eh, always thought you should use detonate chi when you need some burst healing as well. But yea, detonate chi is a bit underwhelming.

So, would fistweaving be viable in a heroic raiding environment? I would really like to check it out and play with it, but what's the use if it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizuki View Post
    So, would fistweaving be viable in a heroic raiding environment? I would really like to check it out and play with it, but what's the use if it's useless.
    There aren't many fights where fistweaving, alone, is viable, even in MoP. That's especially true while gearing up or pushing for progression. In MoP, a good MW knew when to punch things and when to focus on targeted healing. In WoD, that distinction will be even greater. Now that each type of healing has its own exclusive stance, you can't flow between them as easily as before, so knowing when to fistweave, or more specifically, when not to fistweave is a great part of what will define good MW play.

To answer your question: No, in a mythic raiding environment, only fistweaving won't be viable. They recently buffed fistweaving in beta, so it should be good for low damage phases in fights, but it probably won't suffice for high damage phases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on making to to the front page.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to make sure. We're keeping our haste breakpoints right?

Quote Originally Posted by Meskhenet View Post
    I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to make sure. We're keeping our haste breakpoints right?
    Haste breakpoints no longer exist, the last tick of ReM just becomes a partial tick, and besides that haste is awful for MW in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Haste breakpoints no longer exist, the last tick of ReM just becomes a partial tick, and besides that haste is awful for MW in general.
    Ahh, ok. Roger that, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I am a fan of having limited number of recipients for Revival.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I don't think I am a fan of having limited number of recipients for Revival.
    It still hits everyone, it just means that the healing stops increasing after x number of players. This is how it remains strong in a 5 man without being overpowered in a 20 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It still hits everyone, it just means that the healing stops increasing after x number of players. This is how it remains strong in a 5 man without being overpowered in a 20 man.
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it would ONLY heal 6* players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it would ONLY heal 6* players.
    I've removed that part in Revival's description as it might only serve to confuse players unfamiliar with aoe target caps. Will add a separate section later to touch on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    I've removed that part in Revival's description as it might only serve to confuse players unfamiliar with aoe target caps. Will add a separate section later to touch on it.
    That would be good because the same kind of thing applies to Uplift, Chi Burst, Chi Torpedo, and Zen Sphere Detonate as well.

just a quick question with the trinks
    Ironspike Chew Toy / Goren Soul Repository
    with them saying "attacks" is this for crane stance or do heals proc them aswell
    i'm new to healing so i'm just trying to understand all this
    Last edited by Pazx; 2014-10-14 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    So is there a quick "Guide" for the pre patch for monks like gemming?