Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I don't even bother, I get my gold for the carry regardless. Just wait patiently for Legion and horde gold.
    My guild is doing the same, our other Warrior still raids with them and is on the weekly "how high can I RNG my rank" with desync ring. Honestly that whole RNG + ring de-sync bollox is part of what put me off the game, having to do really inconvenient gimmicks just to get rankings and hear people talking about their all-star ranking like it actually matters. Combine all that bullshit with the boredum of stale content and the gold from boosting is just not enough to keep me going. Don't get me wrong, I'm a super competitive person who loves a sweet dps log but it's all just bullshit at this point, meaningless RNG and cheesing.

I guess I'l have about 1mil gold in Legion since I spent the rest on my Sub, which is good until 2017. I saw a lot of guys doing the same thing with boosting at the end of MOP and a lot of them were so burned out they quit during Highmaul. Come Legion I would have had a 7 month break from raiding, 100% batteries charged... Might be a lot lower on gold than if I had stayed to do boosts, but fuck that life is too short.

/Offtopic rant

@Murlocbait - Ring-Desync is one of the single most important/most influential things you can do for your DPS as a Warrior. No amount of playing skill or good RNG can really allow you bridge the gap difference it makes. You will see your best non de-sync logs crushed like you just turned up to a Mini Cooper race in a Ferrari.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

DPS and healthy competition has always been what's been fun for me. Maybe it's the prevalence/ease of logs these days, but it's all just gimmicks and cheese now for ranks. The ring of course is a hefty contribution, and one of the reasons I'm taking a break.

Hell one of Legion's most positive aspects is there will be no more ring lol.

If it wasn't for those ranking sites people wouldn't give that much about fake dps. Made it to 90% rankings on most fights since T8 without that nonsense. SoO was worse imo with all the trash AoE cheesing during bossfights. Or in other ways telling the rest of the raid to take a nap so you can top the meters.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-05-17 at 02:01 AM.

I hear alot of talk about "desyncing ring" - What is that, how do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    I hear alot of talk about "desyncing ring" - What is that, how do you do that?
    You make sure your ring is on cooldown when you pull the boss, aka desyncing the timer with the rest of your team. This is done because you want the ring at 20% or to line up better with your cooldowns when using AM.

I only do it on 3 encounters because my raid team just want to clear the instance and not waste time cheesing to get better logs, which Im fine with.

Iron reaver: This will depend on how fast its killed but its pointless to desync if you have an air phase. When a ready check is going on you just go out of the instance or line out of sight your team & use the ring. Make sure you are the last person to press ready, but remember if your team kills this boss faster than 2 min, you should probably tell them to wait a little after you used the ring so you can always get it at 20%

Zakuun: Same as iron reaver, go upstairs to line of out sight your team

Archimonde: Try to find a spot which is 100 yards away from the raid member whos going to use the ring. Go to that spot and then prepot at 3, mount up and start running towards the raid when they used the ring, dismount about 40 yards from the boss, leap and then charge. This method will also mean if you are 100 yards away from a mage/shaman that use hero/timewarp/bloodlust you will have to use drums or ask them to use it when you another hero/bloodlust/timewarp when you use your ring. I found it best to just delay my cooldowns and ring use till the first deathcaller spawn and then go ham, that way you probably wont sync your ring back with the rest of your team even if they delay it for like 10 sec.

If your raid is fine with helping you desync the ring heres what you do:

Make sure you are line out of sight or outside of the instance, use the ring and ask your raid leader to pull the boss when your ring has about 10 sec left. As long as they continue to use their ring on cooldown, you will have your ring inside your first potion and maybe even trinket proc. Most guilds wont bother waiting for one person, but if you got several warriors it might be worth it.

Super easy to de-sync it for Gorefiend as well. If you stand on the far right side of the room, and the person who uses the ring stands at the far left, at the stairs, there's about 105 yards between you. Just use your ring 15secs'ish into the fight, with your other CDS, and then you'll have ring + cds back at around 2:30, just in time for the Execute phase for most guilds.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Loot Jesus Naval Mission blessed me recently with M WF Doomcrier Shoulderplates. Like a good Arms warrior, I have been running iskar chest as my off piece. My current setup choices are H Tier shoulders + M Iskar chest or M WF Archi shoulders + H tier chest. Which would be better? I did some napkin math with stat weights somebody provided a few pages back. The M WF Archi shoulders + H tier chest was slightly ahead.

My raid team is starting progress on M Mannoroth so I'll have no chance for Mythic tier shoulders (from Xhul) for a long long time. I farm heroic Manny and Archi every week and there's always a chance for a socketed H tier chest which I think will definitely make it better than my current setup.

I don't want to double post on Fury thread but which offset does Fury use?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Loot Jesus Naval Mission blessed me recently with M WF Doomcrier Shoulderplates. Like a good Arms warrior, I have been running iskar chest as my off piece. My current setup choices are H Tier shoulders + M Iskar chest or M WF Archi shoulders + H tier chest. Which would be better? I did some napkin math with stat weights somebody provided a few pages back. The M WF Archi shoulders + H tier chest was slightly ahead.

My raid team is starting progress on M Mannoroth so I'll have no chance for Mythic tier shoulders (from Xhul) for a long long time. I farm heroic Manny and Archi every week and there's always a chance for a socketed H tier chest which I think will definitely make it better than my current setup.

I don't want to double post on Fury thread but which offset does Fury use?

Thoughts?
    Fury will use the shoulders. I think you'd have to sim the two setups for arms to truly know which is better as it would be pretty close.

I think i will pray to loot jesus for a socket from tier chests.

First post seems a bit out of date and I've read a few pages but still thought it would be best to ask directly. I'm an arms warrior looking for some advice I have the heroic 4set

1) Am I correct in thinking our best trinkets are the class trinket + Unending Hunger from gorefiend, no matter the situation?

2) Mastery > Crit > everything else is our stat priority. Our tier chest is the weakest piece so we should use that as the off piece. That being said, our BiS list is:

Head: Faceguard of Iron Wrath (Kormrok)
    Neck: Choker of Sneering Superiority (Tyrant Velhari)
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of Iron Wrath (Xhul'horac)
    Back: Cloak of Incendiary Wrath (Archimonde)
    Chest: Stamped Felsteel Chestplate (Iron Reaver)
    Wrists: Wristplate of the Wretched (Shadow-Lord Iskar)
    Hands: Gauntlets of Iron Wrath (Socrethar)
    Waist: Annihilan's Waistplate (Mannoroth)
    Legs: Legplates of Iron Wrath (Gorefiend)
    Feet: Stompers of Brazen Terror (Kilrogg Deadeye)
    Finger1: Thorasus, the Stone Heart of Draenor
    Finger2: Band of Enthralling Delusion (Shadow-Lord Iskar)
    Trinket1: Worldbreaker's Resolve (Archimonde)
    Trinket2: Unending Hunger (Gorefiend)
    Weapon: Calamity's Edge (Archimonde)

Correct?

3) Is Sudden Death still better for single target and Taste for Blood better for multiple, or should I just be running TfB the entire time?

4) Is Bloodbath not better than Avatar due to the smaller cd?

5) My basic single target priority/rotation would be as follows: prepot > charge > rend > blow all cooldowns (recklessness, bloodbath, avatar) > CS > Mortal strike. I then mortal strike on cooldown and ensure the CS debuff is up as much as possible. I refresh rend before it falls off. When I get to the execute phase, I keep rend refreshed and pool my rage so I can spam execute while the CS debuff is up. That's it?

Thanks for any help!

Iskar Chest trumps the Reaver one slightly. Either with WF/Socket will beat the other without.
    SD is best on single target, TFB is best when you can utilize multi Rend at some point in the fight. If in doubt, use TFB.
    BB v Ava depends on the fight length, if the target will die during the buff, etc. Both of them are really well balanced against each other in a vacuum.
    Rotation looks good, make sure you use the CS procs asap as well, even if CS is already up, making sure your next melee swing doesn't "waste" a proc. A simplified action list (the real one is a tad long to write out here) :
    Rend(If not up, or will drop during the global)>CS(If not up)>Exe>MS>CS>SD Procs(above 20%)>Rend (if 5.4secs or less remaning)>DR/SB>WW
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Could it be that the item-line-up for 7.0 doesn't really work that well for arms in HFC mythic gear? Not that much haste, but tons of crit that has dropped a lot in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Could it be that the item-line-up for 7.0 doesn't really work that well for arms in HFC mythic gear? Not that much haste, but tons of crit that has dropped a lot in value.
    The stats might not be the best, but arms is definitely undertuned. It's not bad on AoE, but on single target it seems like it needs quite a bit of help.

Deleted
    Tried that "40% dmg to main target of we" talent ? Together with trauma it works pretty well for single target - 25,rage and with the change to tactician it is not bad :P it adds a good chance for a reset of CS

Deleted
    Arms is doing fine on Beta compared to some other dps specs. I use Overpower and Mortal Combo, very good single target damage. I use Avatar and Battlecry for the occasional masspull and bladestorm.

Any words about 7.0 yet?

Class trinket is down to 35% CS proc chance on ilvl745. Still worth it with Tactitian also working for CS?
    BRF-use-trinket is now Haste (~16.7%) instead of multistrike.
    Mastery-proc-trinket will give us ~41% extra Mastery for snapshotting cleave encounters with Titanic Might. I mean the debuff should stay the same for 24 seconds, right?
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-07-05 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Any words about 7.0 yet?

Class trinket is down to 35% CS proc chance on ilvl745. Still worth it with Tactitian also working for CS?
    BRF-use-trinket is not Haste (~16.7%) instead of multistrike.
    Mastery-proc-trinket will give us ~41% extra Mastery for snapshotting cleave encounters with Titanic Might. I mean the debuff should stay the sane for 24 seconds, right?
    The biggest thing I noticed is that Plume is now a Versatility + Mastery proc trinket, making it quite attractive as a dps trinket now. Haven't looked into how it compares though but 3ppm! Also Empty Drinking Horn should no longer be useless since it now benefits from mastery, and whirlwind gives 3 stacks per use.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The biggest thing I noticed is that Plume is now a Versatility + Mastery proc trinket, making it quite attractive as a dps trinket now. Haven't looked into how it compares though but 3ppm! Also Empty Drinking Horn should no longer be useless since it now benefits from mastery, and whirlwind gives 3 stacks per use.
    but set piece bonus also gives slam a reset chance for MS. Wouldn't it be ideal to use slam instead of using FoB (WW)?