Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2400$ with Shipping Rig. Looking to buy TONIGHT

Mobo on old machine just died 10 minutes ago. Got a solid 7 beeps. Need to replace unit anyway. Not utilizing ANYTHING from old. Don't bother.

Need OS, I need everything.

I play WoW on two monitors and I like to watch HD videos (Doesn't matter). Quicker the speed the better, I'd like to maximize performance in WoW. No color scheme preference. I need 0 accessories (Headset,monitors,speakers etc.). Please give me the best build for 2400$ WITH shipping. No issues with not hitting that budget. I'd like to have a 980 and an i7 in there as well.

Please also, if using Newegg that it's in stock and if it's not someone who has an alternative. Thank you <3

"someone please do my work for me so i can just sit here and not have to use my brain"

That is essentially what I'm going for, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you comfortable setting up a water cooling loop?

Preferably not, but I've done it before. I just don't like the maintenance and I also have a 3 year old who is known for banging things, I wouldn't want him to make it leak and break everything in the world.

You should add in where you're from, so people don't give you prices on a website you can't order from, or can't be to shipped to your location. etc etc

Good point Mynd, I'm from Long Island NY.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Good point Mynd, I'm from Long Island NY.
    Ummm $2400 build for WoW? Do you play other games? Video editing? etc?

And honestly, if want to maximize performance while not spending dumb amounts of money, you're better off with 2 970s over 1 980. Slightly more than a single 980 and much much more performance, but it's all useless for just WoW. So is an i7. Well i7 is useless for all games really.

I also play Naruto Ultimate ninja, I've been slowly getting into Steam games... And streaming could be potential down the road and I'll probably get a 4k Monitor too in the future.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoy op
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pc+builds+for+2400usd

User was infracted.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-10-11 at 03:43 PM.

http://bit.ly/1ngDeCN Thanks Kezo

User was infracted.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-10-11 at 04:30 PM.

Go to http://www.digitalstormonline.com/. Talk to someone there, or post in their forums. Their Vanquish II is ready to ship in 72 hours, and you'll get a great rig.

Budget - 2400 w/ shipping
    Resolution- 1920 x 1080 , Would like potential to 4k
    Games / Settings Desired - WoW, Ultra in city settings and solo to be very smooth and 10 mans to be 40+ frames
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - May stream in the future. I play WoW accounts 2x at a time sometimes,.
    Country- USA
    Parts that can be reused - None
    Do you need an OS?- Yeah 8.1 pro please
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Negative

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of storm online... Any reviews?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Budget - 2400 w/ shipping
    Resolution- 1920 x 1080 , Would like potential to 4k
    Games / Settings Desired - WoW, Ultra in city settings and solo to be very smooth and 10 mans to be 40+ frames
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - May stream in the future. I play WoW accounts 2x at a time sometimes,.
    Country- USA
    Parts that can be reused - None
    Do you need an OS?- Yeah 8.1 pro please
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Negative
    Oh, you actually bothered to spend some time on stuff other people will spend time on. Awesome

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($97.16 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($166.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($208.97 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $2060.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-11 00:25 EDT-0400

The only thing you could probably do better is 2 980s rather than 2 970s, but it's honestly a whole lot more (~$400) for mediocre gains. It's about in your budget though if you chose to do so. May have to drop down to 256GB SSD instead and maybe save on a case, which neither hurt your performance in any way.

The cooler is optional. You could go for Something like a Dark Rock 3 or Dark Rock Pro 3 and save a little, but you may have to find some more low profile ram to use.

That been said, You'll never, ever use a single 970 completely for WoW, much less 2 of them. I'd advise to to just stick with a single 970 if that's all you're going to be playing. I just threw the second in there since it's in budget and you said you may play other games, but those may not need the cards either.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-11 at 04:34 AM.

ARbiter you're awesome, PM me your paypal I'll send you a little something for not being a waste of time like Kezotar and Eranthe ^_^

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-10-11 at 11:25 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me add, people come to these forums all day every day asking for building suggestions. What makes this guy any different? Guy has the money and is ready to order as well as being nearly completely informative on what he needs. If you got nothing to suggest take it somewhere else.

We don't help people here for money, man. Appreciate the offer though. Not sure the point in there antics.

Also, case is completely optional on what you like to look at. If you see another case that can fit the cards/cooler and everything else that you like don't hesitate to take it. Reviews can tell you a lot about the case. I'm personally about to invest into a new case myself (Air 540) that you might even like. Aesthetics are definitely something you can afford to be picky on with that budget.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-11 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Let me add, people come to these forums all day every day asking for building suggestions. What makes this guy any different? Guy has the money and is ready to order as well as being nearly completely informative on what he needs. If you got nothing to suggest take it somewhere else.

We don't help people here for money, man. Appreciate the offer though. Not sure the point in there antics.
    Instead of Water cooling could we use an alternative?

Why windows 8 go windows 7 it is cheaper and easier to learn and is more compatible with more games, yes i know your using it for wow, and also a 4k screen isnt really needed 1020-1920 should be more then enough.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of Water cooling could we use an alternative?
    Definitely. Dark Rock 3 is about $50 or if you plan to do a bit more serious overclocking the Dark Rock Pro 3 is still cheaper than the H100i. Both are quieter too. I'm just not 100% certain on whether the ram with fit.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-...f31600c9d16gsr Should though.