Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    As I said, for some people it may seem nicer, for some people it doesn't (due to latency for example). It seems worthless to me to add this into the prio list (which complicates it a bit) when it will be impossible to do by some people and the dps gain would be equal to you getting off 2 extra crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    As I said, for some people it may seem nicer, for some people it doesn't (due to latency for example). It seems worthless to me to add this into the prio list (which complicates it a bit) when it will be impossible to do by some people and the dps gain would be equal to you getting off 2 extra crits.
    Sure, I was never implying the guide is wrong and should be changed. Just wanted to see if my method of doing the crystal, that I had grown to do without thinking about it much, was being used by anyone else and to gauge what other people's opinions are about it.

Deleted
    Yea man go for it!

Question on the burn phase... Once supernova and prismatic crystal are through, how do we handle arcane missiles? Do we burn them at 3 charges like normal, or does arcane blast supercede it at 4 charges?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone use any macros with arcane?

I tried one with prismatic crystal, arcane power and trinket but it didn't seem to work properly.

For pve maybe only worth pom+ab, rest not wisely.
    // Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. //
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    Question on the burn phase... Once supernova and prismatic crystal are through, how do we handle arcane missiles? Do we burn them at 3 charges like normal, or does arcane blast supercede it at 4 charges?
    Arcane Missiles always hits harder than Arcane Blast. During Burn you play with missiles kind of like SoO, weaving them in between blasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    Uhm... Its "burn" phase so i you should be trying to "burn". You should be spamming 4 stacks AB and cast AMs as soon as u get proc until you dip to 40-50% mana, evocate and continue normal/conserve rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Does anyone use any macros with arcane?

I tried one with prismatic crystal, arcane power and trinket but it didn't seem to work properly.
    I guess you are trying to include /target or u are including the use of the PC in your macro? Advise - don't put PC anywhere in any the macros. Ever. It is pointless, because it require placement and till you place it right you will waste precious seconds of your cooldowns.
    First place the crystal where you want. When you place the crystal you will autotarget it right away, so just start mashing your "OMFGDATBURSTDMG" macro button.

For example this is my noob macro.
    /use 14 (or 13 depends on what slot is your on-use trink)
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Supernova
    Nothing fancy as you see. I mash it till i run out of SN charges. By that time i should have 3 charges of AM. If i don't, i cast the instant AB to try to get 3rd and then dump all my AMs on the crystal, but if i have 3 AM charges after the SN spam i dump them right away, so i can make full use of the ring proc.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2015-01-20 at 07:40 AM.

i try to convince my friends to go arcane on butcher even if they have frost echants/gems am i wrong or right that they will do more dps if playing the spec corectly

Deleted
    @cowbear - my opinion is leaning toward Wrong.
    Reasons
    - right now frost and arcane are somewhat pretty equal on single target fight, due shitty stat budget on HM gear that favor more frost
    - your friends will have to learn a new spec, new rotaion, new tricks
    - your friends will have to regem and reenchant, because MS is not that good stat for arcane (not that bad either, middle of the pack you may say)
    - the above reason also imply that they will have to change gear to one with mastery and that's unlikely

All the above reasons need time and i know people dont like wasting time, especialy when what they are doing is working.
    Also another reason - my guild is progressing on Butcher mythic and we are 3 mages in the raid core - 2 arcane and 1 frost, equally geared . We are always top dpsers on that fight and the frost mage is on pair with us the arcane mage with no problem. So from my expirience with frost mages i can say - just leave them alone for the moment.
    When BRF open the gear that drop there have a nice gear for arcane and then arcane might become the better choice for Highmaul Mythic fights

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    @cowbear - my opinion is leaning toward Wrong.
    Reasons
    - right now frost and arcane are somewhat pretty equal on single target fight, due shitty stat budget on HM gear that favor more frost
    - your friends will have to learn a new spec, new rotaion, new tricks
    - your friends will have to regem and reenchant, because MS is not that good stat for arcane (not that bad either, middle of the pack you may say)
    - the above reason also imply that they will have to change gear to one with mastery and that's unlikely

All the above reasons need time and i know people dont like wasting time, especialy when what they are doing is working.
    Also another reason - my guild is progressing on Butcher mythic and we are 3 mages in the raid core - 2 arcane and 1 frost, equally geared . We are always top dpsers on that fight and the frost mage is on pair with us the arcane mage with no problem. So from my expirience with frost mages i can say - just leave them alone for the moment.
    When BRF open the gear that drop there have a nice gear for arcane and then arcane might become the better choice for Highmaul Mythic fights
    I think if have 3/3 mastery/haste tailor piece for now -> arcane beats frost every single fight and brf release will be arcane>>frost.
    // Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. //
    Armory

Deleted
    I dont know how much do you mage aLCuiN, but no. Its like saying 3/3 crit/xx stat and Fire is ok or like saying 3/3 multistrike/xx stat and frost is ok.
    Also sound stupid to force people spend around 100k+ gold to get 3x3/3 upgraded crafted pieces of gear just for a single fight.
    Also it is not optimal. You are either full/as much possible mastery gear and you play arcane, full/as much possible multistrike gear and you play frost or full/as much possible crit gear and you play fire.
    Fire might work to a certain degree with mastery gear, but in the case of frost and arcane, arcane doesnt work with multistrike gear and vice versa.
    Also the max gain they can propably get is 500?!? dps more. Not really worth it tbh and i doubt anyone can pull it.

Just my cents
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2015-01-21 at 01:24 PM.

I dont know how much do you mage aLCuiN, but no. Its like saying 3/3 crit/xx stat and Fire is ok or like saying 3/3 multistrike/xx stat and frost is ok.
    Also sound stupid to force people spend around 100k+ gold to get 3x3/3 upgraded crafted pieces of gear just for a single fight.
    Also it is not optimal. You are either full/as much possible mastery gear and you play arcane, full/as much possible multistrike gear and you play frost or full/as much possible crit gear and you play fire.
    Fire might work to a certain degree with mastery gear, but in the case of frost and arcane, arcane doesnt work with multistrike gear and vice versa.
    Also the max gain they can propably get is 500?!? dps more. Not really worth it tbh and i doubt anyone can pull it.

Just my cents
    my mistake, i mean butcher shoulder/ boe hm waist / kargath helm / leg ring / kargath ring / 1 or 3 piece 3/3 mastery gear will beats frost (ms gear). For example our guild progressing mythic 2/7 and trying tectus since last week (we are rading 1-2 day per week, 3h for a day). My mastery is pretty high for me cause as i said we dont try hard for progressing. I think arcane best st spec for now. By the way im playing 5y as a mage (this is my new acc, in cata and mop early we had horde) and i always check warcraftlogs and worldoflogs datas. For now, best mages in the world (almost) playing arcane except tectus and twin (and someones playing frost for imp). Please dont misunderstand me. Sory for my bad language.
    Armory

Deleted
    Arcane is the best ST spec right now. Am interested to see tuning changes before BRF.
    (Yea this is a bit of shameless bumping :P )
    Last edited by mmocc678005bf8; 2015-01-24 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Shameless bump indeed, while arcane mage exceed at single target, i can also say that we are not half bad at cleave situations also
    After the haste"buff" for arcane i can say that NT does wonders for me on Brackenspore and Twins, especialy Bracken with his blue shroom ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Deleted
    Shameless bump indeed, while arcane mage exceed at single target, i can also say that we are not half bad at cleave situations also
    I think it depends heavily on the amount of targets. The 4-target sustained AoE simulation is still experimental, but at the moment it suggests that we may beat some tanks.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/repor..._T17N_AOE.html

Deleted
    Do not compare simulations between classes. Some might not be as well maintained as others.

Hi! I was wondering about the dmg of magic missiles vs arcane blast. Your guide says AM is the hardest hitting spell we have. I presume it is compared to the cast time since pure damage done would be pointless if the spell take forever to cast.

So, I guess you mean that AM has a higher dmg/cast time then AB. I searched a bit around and found a comparison on Noxxic for all our spells, using damage per cast time. I would like to have your opinion on this as I want to get my mage's dps the higher I can. (site won't let me link the noxxic page as I am new on the forums, sorry)

Thx!