Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos12 View Post
    Soooo, nobody gonna talk about Breath Healing on physical damage?
    what is this about by the way ?

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what is this about by the way ?
    It only happens on 1 single fight in the game. At this point if blizz hasn't touched it they give about 0 fucks since its literally 1 fight and its a very early boss.

    Doing 400k Raw HPS on Hansgar/Franzok is fun but its w/e tbh its that boss... No other boss heals on that kinda of dmg.

    Also its not even the physical damage you can look at the log 1 melee hit from them heals 300 times for like 10-100, but its not at the same milisecond. So its really hard to tell exactly where the heal is from. Yes the shockwave shit every person gets is healing us but thats not on us all fight its a very limited amount. Some reason we just passively heal for like 50-70 BoS ticks a seconds on that fight for very very little numbers but its so spammy its a lot of healing.

  3. #683
    It happens on Beastlord as well.

  4. #684
    Bloodsail Admiral Saybel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hospital for Breath Deficiency
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    The stat weights on the first page answer the question
    Stat weights don't cover every facet of gearing, (question was something like, best stat and bad stat vs 2 good stats) and I don't think the guide is written in mind for someone who is expressly dps whoring with shit like chains.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

  5. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    For DPS: Str (4.61) >> Bonus Armour (3.68) > Multistrike (3.37) >> Crit (2.38) > Versatility (2.00) = Mastery (1.97) > Haste (1.76)*
    You can just plug the numbers in and find that the tanking ring is better by a fair margin. The only weight there that might be significantly different is haste, but in this case that's not a problem.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-03-18 at 05:27 PM.

  6. #686
    Bloodsail Admiral Saybel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hospital for Breath Deficiency
    Posts
    1,067
    Not really that clear cut. The difference is maybe 3% according to the stat weights (that's not a fair margin when considering a ring) and I have no clue if his sims account for the fact that you have to use CoI to keep BoS up (More MS = Less CoI, more DS, higher proportion of damage/rune) and that could affect stat weights positively or negatively.

    So hence the question. The "real world" difference seems to be negligible considering the stat weights, so I guess I'll leave it down to how much multistrike I currently have.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

  7. #687
    Don't have much time, but I'll answer the recent questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos12 View Post
    Soooo, nobody gonna talk about Breath Healing on physical damage?
    Works on spells, not just magical damage. See: Butcher Cleave. There is weirdness on some fights with it, but on the flip side it just doesn't work in some cases where it probably should.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Quick question, not sure if already answered;

    DPS 710 or Tank 710 ring for pure DPS? Instincts tell me the DPS ring because versi lol, but starts are not my forte.

    I mean, I didn't notice a damage difference in changing, but the extra % MS helps with RNG.
    Tank Ring. BA is really good. You are focusing too much on uptime with the way you are thinking.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    at what level of % of buffed MS can I start thinking about BoS being viable ? Without Chains spam. I don't need 100% uptime or anything, but it being viable.
    About 1200 rating or higher your should try it out as it should start pulling ahead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'll be done with progression soon so I'll be talking about some of the stuff I mentioned before (guide updates yay?) pretty soon.

    I'll probably actually talk about chains of ice too, but in all honesty the reason I didn't so far: it's not long for this world so I didn't really see a point, and often times people tunnel vision DPS too much if you give them an inch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Not really that clear cut. The difference is maybe 3% according to the stat weights (that's not a fair margin when considering a ring) and I have no clue if his sims account for the fact that you have to use CoI to keep BoS up (More MS = Less CoI, more DS, higher proportion of damage/rune) and that could affect stat weights positively or negatively.

    So hence the question. The "real world" difference seems to be negligible considering the stat weights, so I guess I'll leave it down to how much multistrike I currently have.
    Those aren't for CoI BoS (because that isn't what I recommend to the average player), but like I said above, use the tank ring anyways.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I mean if youi have like any gear with MS you are fine. I was able to keep 40%+ in highmaul without chains at like 1200 MS. Now im at 2400 and still need to chains its just rng some pulls its hardly any, but breath does more healing than DS and chains is totally worth lol. At least on most fights.
    Not true for any fight that matters except Blast Furnace P3 only. Early fights are too easy to be a consideration (as you could literally do anything on them). Because you basically sit at Resolve cap on every Mythic Fight, there are some scaling issues unless your gear is very good (and to be fair, by the time 99.9% of people reached/are reaching now with ilvl buff on these fights, you WILL have the gear to make it not matter either way) for Blood compared to other tanks as you go higher. Too bad Blood is so op on easier content (heroic/normal) because Resolve actually (gasp) scales with the boss damage there because it isn't hitting massive DR/Cap, that it's likely Blood is going to get completely gutted for real content because of it. But hey I mentioned that about 10 times in Beta, along with MS GCD locking, BoS, ect ect and they never bothered to listen then, so all we will get is a bunch of hotfix nerfs and no fixes to any of the core issues that cause the problems. Simple dumb example since I don't really have time to talk about it right now: why do you think Blood uses BoS to begin with: there isn't any way to spend your RP otherwise in good gear. But they will just nerf it to the ground and not fix the core issue, leaving Blood completely fucked.

    I'll talk more about it later, but to put it simply on the fights that matter you have to play around the DK to make it work.

    Anyways I'm off again for a while.
    Last edited by Troxism; 2015-03-18 at 10:24 PM.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

    Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

  8. #688
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A faraway meadow
    Posts
    734
    Nice to see you in the thread again Troxism

    On another note, which trinket combination would you guys recommend (for a DPS-oriented priority):
    676 Evergaze
    685 Horn of Screaming Spirits (socketed)
    685 Pol's
    685 TTT
    685 Vial of Convulsive Shadows

    I was thinking either Vial + Horn or TTT + Horn.

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Nice to see you in the thread again Troxism

    On another note, which trinket combination would you guys recommend (for a DPS-oriented priority):
    676 Evergaze
    685 Horn of Screaming Spirits (socketed)
    685 Pol's
    685 TTT
    685 Vial of Convulsive Shadows

    I was thinking either Vial + Horn or TTT + Horn.
    Probably not going to respond for a while, but Vial + Horn in that case. Get BFD over Horn if you can, but socket is good.

    Horn is just a slightly worse BFD honestly. And BFD is a very very strong DPS trinket and the best defensive trinket (but suffers from not being on use, so it's more of a numeric superiority for defense then a real one.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

    Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

  10. #690
    How much multistrike do you need for BoS to do that insane damage? I've got 25% multistrike on my 660 alt and I feel like I can keep BoS up for a decent amount of time (I'm sure I could do better if I played it a tad more often, dinged last week) but I don't really feel a significant dps increase from defile in the fight's where I've tried Breath to be fair.

  11. #691
    I mean 25% MS is quite low. We have 15% base with raid buff. Its gonna feel pretty bad at levels lower than we had in blues/crafted
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-03-19 at 02:24 AM.

  12. #692
    I have also played around with BoS a few days now, reenchanted and socketed MS on every slot, crafted two MS/MA 680 pieces and still find the talent highly frustrating to use on my gear level (678 before the ilvl buff) with around 1230 MS and 500 H.

    I tested it mostly by queue spamming LFR and tunneling bosses. Sometimes I can channel several BoS back to back, but sometimes they run out after like 30 seconds even when only spamming CoI. Especially on fights without much magic damage to soak, for instance beast lord before the drake is up, I have to use my runes mostly on CoI which in the end doesn't result in a big DPS increase over DnD, especially if one breath runs out prematurely. On maidens it's nice, even with a lot of CoI spam the damage is good. On single target, however, I struggle make it viable.

    Hopefully flamebender will be more nice to me and give me the weapon + trinket soon, that will probably help.

    Another thing: With all the 50k+ parses of blood DKs from mythic, do you think blood would be a viable DPS specc, especially when staying UH or F presence? Probably UH would be better because 20% more haste would be nice for RP generation through auto attacks. However, if that would become viable I guess Blizzard would nerf the shit out of the talent for blood.

    Edit: changed IT for CoI
    Last edited by cujoe; 2015-03-19 at 10:22 AM.

  13. #693
    ^ I'm probably slow, but which skill is IT ?

  14. #694
    IT - Icy Touch

    I don't know why you use IT? It's better to use DS on F+U par of runes because it give more DMG per rune and generate more RP 10 per rune, total 20 RP. Icy Touch generate 10 per rune.

    I suppose he mean CoI with Glyph of Icy Runes because then CoI generate 20 RP per rune consumed.

    Sorry for my bad english.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    IT - Icy Touch

    I don't know why you use IT? It's better to use DS on F+U par of runes because it give more DMG per rune and generate more RP 10 per rune, total 20 RP. Icy Touch generate 10 per rune.

    I suppose he mean CoI with Glyph of Icy Runes because then CoI generate 20 RP per rune consumed.

    Sorry for my bad english.
    Wow, my fail. Of course I meant CoI, will edit the post accordingly, thanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw. I see a lot of the DKs parsing high with BoS are blood elves. How important would you say is the racial for a BoS blood DK? Is it worth the race change from undead? Or is the impact of the racial rather low?

  16. #696
    Don't change race. They pars high because most players play as female blood elves. In my opinion 10 RP per 2 mins won't change your play style. Undead is best race in game, never change it .

  17. #697
    Bloodsail Admiral Saybel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hospital for Breath Deficiency
    Posts
    1,067
    Not really, 10 RP can be the difference between dropping BoS and keeping it up for your next rune cycle, had many many times where if I was Blood Elf I wouldn't have dropped BoS after 45 seconds and probably would have kept it up until the next CD.

    And 1% crit is delicious
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

  18. #698
    it's 20 RP on the same CD as BoS itself, so it does help a bit

  19. #699
    Tips on Mythic Gruul? Regarding overall strat and abilities to use when soaking.

    We're 2 tanking the fight (is this fine?). We have 3 groups for Inferno slice soaking, each with 6 members. 1-1-1 rotation, each group takes 1 slice while OT takes 3. Then OT takes boss, and I take 3 slices again 1-1-1.

    I have Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork, not sure if it's enough to use on a slice alone. AMS + Runetap seems to work well for a slice. I use Runetap + external for another, and I IBF'd the 3rd slice. OT died quickly after that around 45% boss health, and we only got 2 attempts in today.

    Any tips with regards to soaking, using CDs, or just the boss strat in general? My OT is a pally tank who seems to go through externals like candy; needing 2 per slice and using his Ardent Defender on the 3rd. Also the other debuff, Inferno Strike... is that dangerous at all, or need to be handled in any fashion?

    Thanks.

    @speshil Worgen's meh. The movespeed is ok, but I find it's not enough speed, and usually as a DK you'll have Death's Advance when you need it, which is 10x better than Worgen sprint. That Worgen crit is very insignificant, and therefore very slightly helps dps. If you like the look of Worgen then go for it, but otherwise I prefer Human or Dwarf for their racials.

  20. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post
    Tips on Mythic Gruul? Regarding overall strat and abilities to use when soaking.

    We're 2 tanking the fight (is this fine?). We have 3 groups for Inferno slice soaking, each with 6 members. 1-1-1 rotation, each group takes 1 slice while OT takes 3. Then OT takes boss, and I take 3 slices again 1-1-1.

    I have Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork, not sure if it's enough to use on a slice alone. AMS + Runetap seems to work well for a slice. I use Runetap + external for another, and I IBF'd the 3rd slice. OT died quickly after that around 45% boss health, and we only got 2 attempts in today.

    Any tips with regards to soaking, using CDs, or just the boss strat in general? My OT is a pally tank who seems to go through externals like candy; needing 2 per slice and using his Ardent Defender on the 3rd. Also the other debuff, Inferno Strike... is that dangerous at all, or need to be handled in any fashion?
    My rotation:
    1. AMS
    2. runetap
    3. runetap+vampiric blood
    Slice rotations (3 groups): 1-2-1-2-1-2

    Stacking blood shield before slice helps a lot. You also can use stamina trinkets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •