Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is a very nice guide It's helped me out a lot. I like that it's so thorough, it helped me understand basic mecanics etc. Thank you, very much

Quote Originally Posted by Skovisen View Post
    This is a very nice guide It's helped me out a lot. I like that it's so thorough, it helped me understand basic mecanics etc. Thank you, very much
    Thanks for the support.

- - - Updated - - -

So I've been talking for months that I wanted to talk about Breath of Sindragosa. I just posted a thread on this forum linking to a 7000 word document on the topic (as it relates to 6.2 changes). If you care about Blood at all you really should read it.

Link to the google doc here, but if you want to comment on it use the other thread please to not clutter this one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NFWCisTeIjwQM_OSCKVonGw5cLg1eF5dTw8Z63QOAAM/edit?usp=sharing
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Thanks for the support.

- - - Updated - - -

So I've been talking for months that I wanted to talk about Breath of Sindragosa. I just posted a thread on this forum linking to a 7000 word document on the topic (as it relates to 6.2 changes). If you care about Blood at all you really should read it.

Link to the google doc here, but if you want to comment on it use the other thread please to not clutter this one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    You are one crazy nig trox. Hope people learn from it though. Was a good read.

troxism - you should probably sign the document at the bottom or something. seems like a prime candidate for copying/pasting elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    troxism - you should probably sign the document at the bottom or something. seems like a prime candidate for copying/pasting elsewhere.
    Things are in the works in this regard, it's why it's a google doc and not just a post here. Frankly the simple truth is devs don't give a shit about one person's opinion regardless of how detailed it may be, so there needs to be some discussion in the community about it.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Things are in the works in this regard, it's why it's a google doc and not just a post here. Frankly the simple truth is devs don't give a shit about one person's opinion regardless of how detailed it may be, so there needs to be some discussion in the community about it.
    May just be a quirk of mine.
    I downloaded it as a pdf and emailed it to my kindle to read later. It will be on my kindle forever and someday I will wonder wtf this document is and where it came from. But I .. won't ... know.

A question about the BoS playstyle, how do you deal with the increased threat generation while off-tanking? I often find that if I want to avoid stealing boss aggro while off tanking I have to cancel breath or do something weird like turn away from the boss.

That google docs was a great read by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashies View Post
    A question about the BoS playstyle, how do you deal with the increased threat generation while off-tanking? I often find that if I want to avoid stealing boss aggro while off tanking I have to cancel breath or do something weird like turn away from the boss.

That google docs was a great read by the way.
    Your other tank is shit sorry. If he can't hold aggro off it he doesn't know how to actually tank.

Unless you aren't the one pulling the boss that is the only time you will actually pull threat. If this is the case you should always tank first. It is just what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Your other tank is shit sorry. If he can't hold aggro off it he doesn't know how to actually tank.

Unless you aren't the one pulling the boss that is the only time you will actually pull threat. If this is the case you should always tank first. It is just what you need to do.
    That's a really helpful post...

It IS a concern if you're tanking with something like a mastery build/serenity monk (or similarly defensive-oriented off-tank) and taunt DRs are a concern (like P3 Blackhand for instance).

In probably 70% of cases its a rotational issue with your off-tank OR he's not using his high-threat abilities during the taunt threat bonus.
    Other times you just have to turn away from the boss because you may have breath and DRW rolling and the other tank may not have shit, in which case either you just take the boss, or you turn away/let BoS fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    A serenity/mastery monk can keep aggro, except for on pull. They can do like 30k single target if they play correctly, that's enough damage to keep threat from BOS. If you are playing far better then your co-tank the only options are to

1) get gimped by him playing with you
    2) die
    3) tell him to/make him get better

1 and 2 are horrible options, 3 is the preferable one.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    A serenity/mastery monk can keep aggro, except for on pull. They can do like 30k single target if they play correctly, that's enough damage to keep threat from BOS.
    Except Serenity/Mastery aggro is highest on the pull/every 90s after the pull. The problem with BRM threat is that a lot of their burst is Xuen and Xuen is an actor that can pull aggro himself and the monk doesn't get any aggro from the Xuen damage.
    ST, a monk shouldn't have a problem competing with a BoS DK, but in AOE he's screwed unless he talents RJW(which is a huge burst loss). Keg Smash used to be this thing you hit and you have aggro on everything, since the nerfs it's more like you have aggro on everything until the other tank classes' DoTs tick a few times.
    If a BoS DK gets aggro from adds on Blast Furnace while tanking Feldspar, it's not the other tank's fault. Outside of Berserk-Druids, no tank has as strong incidental AoE as a BoS DK. And if you don't deal as much damage as the DK, you're losing aggro if you didn't taunt.

My soul it hurts... dat 20 rp per sec cost on BoS

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    My soul it hurts... dat 20 rp per sec cost on BoS
    Blizzard is so clueless it's funny. I don't know, they've ruined so many specs with WoD; maybe you should play your warlock (ohwait that got gutted too) :/

Sorry for being pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Blizzard is so clueless it's funny. I don't know, they've ruined so many specs with WoD; maybe you should play your warlock (ohwait that got gutted too) :/

Sorry for being pessimistic.
    LOL Man I won't even warlock again. I don't have nearly the fun dpsing as I used to. Maxing dps while tanking is more fun. Plus I have seen what bad tanks cause even in BRF. Id rather just tank for my guild even if tanks did literally 0 dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you will enjoy doing like 55k on some pulls and like 30k on others because RNG is fantastic

I know I will

I'm sure you will enjoy doing like 55k on some pulls and like 30k on others because RNG is fantastic

I know I will
    Ill just get 15 sockets and have 70% MS and pray to the gods cuz atm with 55% on PTR breath wasn't falling off ever even without Chains when it was 15rp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what a fkin socket looks like

I mean it's not an immediate difference but in terms of efficiency it's like a 33% nerf, that's a huge difference, will make it complete aids in the long run, guess if you can get to like 70% it might lessen the aids a bit but it still has a small chance of just randomly dropping and that's really fucking dumb.

I would rather Breath damage just get nerfed by 33% then this

brb insta using Pinchwhistle Nitro Fuel at below 39 RP \o/

Deleted
    I actually genuinely refused to believe they were this stupid. I had hope that they'd read Troxism's little manifesto, wake up, and come to their senses, but it seems they're determined to keep breaking anything about the game that's actually well-designed.

To Chains of Sindragosa, 6.1-6.2. The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long, I suppose, and you burned bright indeed, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can it burn when it's frosty cold though?

My brain is full of fuck.

How can it burn when it's frosty cold though?

My brain is full of fuck.
    Frostbite?

Because reasons *waves hands around*