1. #1

    Why does Unholy lock 3 runes?

    I've been playing around with unholy lately, and I've noticed that I generally end up with 3 locked runes, and they are completely locked for a few seconds before the cooldown to refresh them starts. From what I've gathered spending runic power helps speed this up, but for me it just feels really jarring cause I can't refresh outbreak etc etc.

    Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm just doing the rotation wrong but man I just don't like it if this is how it's supposed to be.

  2. #2
    Deleted
    I might have misunderstood you here, but only a set amount of runes can regenerate at any given time, so if you use all 6 only 3 will be recharging untill fully charged and the others will gradually start as the initial 3 complete.

    If I misunderstood your question feel free to ignore this completely.

  3. #3
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,238
    you have 6 runes

    you spend all 6

    rune 1, 3, and 5. will begin to refreash, once they are full, then 2,4,and 6 will refreash

    basicly at all times you will refreash 3 at a time, but can go up to 6...

    it goes back to the old system of

    2 blood, 2 frost, 2 unholy, and only 1 of each type of rune would refreash at a time

    so = refreashing =waiting =full



    spend 2 runes



    spend 2 more



    spend 2 more



    wait for them to refreash



    keep waiting

    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-08 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  4. #4
    Ah I see. I think I just got so used to the frost way and being able to activate 2 runes. I'll keep that in mind now

  5. #5
    If all runes recharged individually of themselves at the same time, the class would be pretty OP.

  6. #6
    This is the Legion rune system in a nutshell.
    Only 3 runes can regenerate at the same time. I'd ignore all the comparison to the Cata-Warlords Rune system where runes were paired.
    Instead keep in mind that runes are like a energy bar, it has to fill up 50% of the way before the rest of it can fill up.

    All this generally just goes back to the Cataclysm design change to give runes some flexibility with downtime, as long as you have 3 runes regenerating you aren't losing resource.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    If all runes recharged individually of themselves at the same time, the class would be pretty OP.
    This was exactly how it was in Wrath. All the runes recharged individually (it wasn't "pretty OP" there were other things for that) and because they recharged individually every second you spent with a full rune was giant wasted dps. You couldn't even spend runes fast enough in some cases such as Wrath era Blood with its Heart Strike spam, they even made Sudden Doom auto fire the Deathcoil for Wrath era Blood because there wasn't enough GCDs. There was no recharge buffer for runes like we've had since Cataclysm Rune pairings and in the Legion world with the 3 runes rule.

    This is generally why the effect you're noticing exists.
    _____________________________________________
    Also known as Kalrell ingame and @Kalrell on Twitters.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you have 6 runes

    you spend all 6

    rune 1, 3, and 5. will begin to refreash, once they are full, then 2,4,and 6 will refreash

    basicly at all times you will refreash 3 at a time, but can go up to 6...

    it goes back to the old system of

    2 blood, 2 frost, 2 unholy, and only 1 of each type of rune would refreash at a time

    so X= refreashing Y=waiting O=full

    OOOOOO

    spend 2 runes

    XOXOOO

    spend 2 more

    XYXOXO

    spend 2 more

    XYXYXY

    wait for them to refreash

    OXOXOX

    keep waiting

    OOOOOO
    Best way I've seen it explained, and kudos on the visual. lol
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.


  8. #8
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Best way I've seen it explained, and kudos on the visual. lol
    np, and yeah it was abit confusing to get working... i was thinking of using emojis but....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    np, and yeah it was abit confusing to get working... i was thinking of using emojis but....
    That makes us seem too cute. We're not cute, we're vicious.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.


  10. #10
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    That makes us seem too cute. We're not cute, we're vicious.
    too late

    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    too late

    /10chars
    It's as bad as I imagined. lol
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    snip
    HAHA, love the Emoji explanation. Makes me understand even better without words.

  13. #13
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Ah I see. I think I just got so used to the frost way and being able to activate 2 runes. I'll keep that in mind now
    Nothing is different for Frost.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Nothing is different for Frost.
    It's different in that you don't run into this problem every 5 seconds. It's a lot easier to manage on Frost I think.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    It's different in that you don't run into this problem every 5 seconds. It's a lot easier to manage on Frost I think.
    There's nothing different for the other specs at the base.

    But all three have extra ways to regenerate runes, and you have choice and playstyle on how to properly use them.
    _____________________________________________
    Also known as Kalrell ingame and @Kalrell on Twitters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •