Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Unholy Frenzy hotfix.

    As of the hotfix today Sudden Doom’s chance to activate is now increased by melee attack speed (was Haste).

    Have a few questions, does Unholy Frenzy 2 sec buff stack up for having more Festering Wounds burst, say I burst 2 is the buff now 4 seconds?

    Is this better than Castigator now?

    What are you thoughts, and discuss in this topic.

    Benefits I see of Unholy Frenzy:

    100% attack speed for 2 seconds = more white swings over time, with change today as well means more sudden doom procs.
    Free death coils, 10 energy for your ghoul, more runic corruption procs. With shadow fusion talent means faster dark transformations.

    With artifact weapon:

    more Scourge of Worlds procs (30% increase scourge strike dmg for 6 sec chance with death coil)
    Double Doom (EVEN BETTER AFTER THIS HOTFIX) Can hold up to 2 sudden doom procs and occur 15% more frequently
    The Shambler - YOUR ATTACKS have a chance to summon a zombie that deals 400% dmg

    With T19 bonuses:

    4p death coil has a 50% chance to pop a festering wound, possibly making you take infected claws over shadow infusion just so you can burst more wounds and have more unholy frenzy procs overall and more runic corruption procs as make you bursting a wound a 10% chance to proc runic corruption.


    I really think it's better than a random Castigator talent that relies on Crits which isn't DKs most valuable stat anymore.
    Last edited by Huskar000; 2016-08-09 at 07:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post

    -Snip-


    No need to make a new thread when we have

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ussion)/page39

    and

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Nerfed/page19

  3. #3
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I really think it's better than a random Castigator talent that relies on Crits which isn't DKs most valuable stat anymore.
    Well, with castigator, it is our second most valuable so.

    Sudden doom is only good for RC atm, dunno about later, but with castigator you can already burst more wounds, and it's better with SR too.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    No need for a comment like this when the search bar is as bad as Bing, and their thread titles don't like anything like what the OP is asking for.
    Don't ask him to run through 100 threads to find an answer.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

  5. #5
    Deleted
    unholy frenzy is garbage and will stay garbage talent.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    Well, with castigator, it is our second most valuable so.

    Sudden doom is only good for RC atm, dunno about later, but with castigator you can already burst more wounds, and it's better with SR too.
    I'm sure after this Hotfix though Unholy Frenzy will pull ahead with such things like artifact traits getting unlocked, Tier set bonuses and also trinkets. Most trinkets in T19 are melee attack procs 1 in particular reduces the cooldown on gargoyle by 5 seconds, the other procs tentacles.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I'm sure after this Hotfix though Unholy Frenzy will pull ahead with such things like artifact traits getting unlocked, Tier set bonuses and also trinkets. Most trinkets in T19 are melee attack procs 1 in particular reduces the cooldown on gargoyle by 5 seconds, the other procs tentacles.
    and the trinkets veyr likly have a internal cd, and bursting more wounds/getting more wounds is more dmg then attack speed. Uf i coum d see being good tlent if it also increased pets attack speed and that of the valkyr/gargoyle. and it stacked else garbage talent
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2016-08-09 at 10:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    and the trinkets veyr likly have a internal cd, and bursting more wounds/getting more wounds is more dmg then attack speed. Uf i coum d see being good tlent if it also increased pets attack speed and that of the valkyr/gargoyle. and it stacked else garbage talent
    and if the garg trinket dosnt have an ICD and you also have the legendary shoulders making your garg deal more dmg, shit will obviously get simmed etc.

  9. #9
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    and if the garg trinket dosnt have an ICD and you also have the legendary shoulders making your garg deal more dmg, shit will obviously get simmed etc.
    the legendary alos increases armys and DA's dmg, and with it DA could very well be better. and if is lot of movement i fight UF wont be taken at all, and for constant cleave castigtor + Bursting spores likly. UF doesnt stack with more wounds being burst, doesnt increase our pets attack speed so garbage talent.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    unholy frenzy is garbage and will stay garbage talent.
    Let us just be thankful they're not following the pattern and buffing Unholy Frenzy rather than nerfing Castigator

  11. #11
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    Let us just be thankful they're not following the pattern and buffing Unholy Frenzy rather than nerfing Castigator
    yeah rather keep the other talents viable then Always UF.

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Am i extremely uncharitable by admitting my first thought was to wonder what this will break?

    Trinkets popping more often, dots ticking more often, etc etc...

    Expect this change to be reverted when it turns out certain trinkets up time goes from ave of 40℅ to 90 lol.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-08-09 at 12:21 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Am i extremely uncharitable by admitting my first thought was to wonder what this will break?
    I think for pre-patch it's a nerf, since it indirectly has consequences for arbiter dmg by making the death coil count dependant on your attack speed and not your haste. Mainly I think this because unholy frenzy is currently difficult to keep up, but with the artifact weapon I think it could be a very decent buff, since you can burst 8 festering wounds at the same time with the artifact, giving you 16 seconds for unholy frenzy which would give you more free coils for a short time and this idea I think stacks really nice with arbiter.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermagnus View Post
    I think for pre-patch it's a nerf, since it indirectly has consequences for arbiter dmg by making the death coil count dependant on your attack speed and not your haste. Mainly I think this because unholy frenzy is currently difficult to keep up, but with the artifact weapon I think it could be a very decent buff, since you can burst 8 festering wounds at the same time with the artifact, giving you 16 seconds for unholy frenzy which would give you more free coils for a short time and this idea I think stacks really nice with arbiter.
    Testing on live in full 710 pvp gear and my attack swing timer looked insane when unholy frenzy was on, I just don't get how this isn't great now with this change and including trinkets like mentioned above that proc certain things (if they have no ICD) and reduce cooldowns on 1 of our major DPS cooldowns (even bigger with leg shoulders). We also get a bunch of artifact procs and not to mention more fallen crusader uptime overall, hell white swings in general is a lot of damage.

  15. #15
    Will UF and Soul Reaper be a viable talent combination? Seems like BRW, UF, SR, and Apoc have some interesting synergy when used in conjunction with one another.

  16. #16
    I think people are forgetting to account the effect of legendaries will have on play styles and talent weights.
    Example: The Instructor's Fourth Lesson
    SS / CS will now burst 2-6 wounds, with Castigator that could potentially be 4-8 for double crit SS or 3-7 CS / single crit.
    On the other hand, Unholy Frenzy's time stacks. So a single SS could give 4 to 12 seconds of that buff.
    Last edited by XScorpion2; 2016-08-09 at 04:50 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    unholy frenzy is garbage and will stay garbage talent.
    +1 Fully Agree

  18. #18
    Deleted
    Unholy frenzy would be lot better of it have haste instead of attack speed, but if was so it prolyl would be bit to strong.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Am i extremely uncharitable by admitting my first thought was to wonder what this will break?

    Trinkets popping more often, dots ticking more often, etc etc...

    Expect this change to be reverted when it turns out certain trinkets up time goes from ave of 40℅ to 90 lol.
    only WoD trinket that is effected by haste is the Fel-Cleave trinket.

    Apart of the original Runic Corruption issue was that so many trinkets had there RPPM increased by haste and when RC was unintentionally coded as a "spell haste" effect it slipped under the radar (at the time we had "true haste", spell haste and melee haste).

    So this issue has almost been fixed on 2 ends for WoD:

    1) there is basicly only 1 trinket proc affected by haste (Fel Cleave, and maybe some lvling quest trinkets)
    2) spell haste/true haste were merged together

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Unholy frenzy would be lot better of it have haste instead of attack speed, but if was so it prolyl would be bit to strong.
    if unholy frenzy gave 100% haste it would be the go to mandatory talent in all scenarios no matter what (.7 GCD and 5 second rune regen)

  20. #20
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    only WoD trinket that is effected by haste is the Fel-Cleave trinket.

    Apart of the original Runic Corruption issue was that so many trinkets had there RPPM increased by haste and when RC was unintentionally coded as a "spell haste" effect it slipped under the radar (at the time we had "true haste", spell haste and melee haste).

    So this issue has almost been fixed on 2 ends for WoD:

    1) there is basicly only 1 trinket proc affected by haste (Fel Cleave, and maybe some lvling quest trinkets)
    2) spell haste/true haste were merged together

    - - - Updated - - -



    if unholy frenzy gave 100% haste it would be the go to mandatory talent in all scenarios no matter what (.7 GCD and 5 second rune regen)
    if it gave haste it would give it like 15 to 25% max. or 100% if is like 1-2sec buff no matter what

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •