Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huaua View Post
    Quick question Troxism: Would the healing effect of Breath of Sindragosa work against the adds on Imperator? They deal "spell damage", and 10% of their damage healed back up for a minute or more might be more beneficial than Defile. Any thoughts?
    It probably works (I don't see why it wouldn't). However healing 10% is the same as absorbing 10% (Defile), and the fact that Defile actually does massive AoE helps a lot more (BoS isn't really an AoE spell at all anymore post nerf), plus the 2 min CD of BoS is unwieldy for the fight; you fight the adds for short periods of time approx every 45 seconds, not long periods every 2 mins (which is what BoS does basically).
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Hold on, that's absolutely not how BoS works. BoS is pretty much a Mark of Blood that redirects all healing towards the DK instead of healing each target individually. If a mob does an AoE pulse and hits 10 targets, you will get healed 10 times.
    Yeah this is true, but I was thinking about the case of adds meleeing with magical damage, where obviously there is only a single damage target; I wasn't exact in what I said and made it sound like I was making a general statement, so that is my mistake. I didn't even think about the AoE the large adds does, because honestly that isn't really the time you need random healing (and it's not that much, the add aoes 20 people, so you get healed for 200% of the damage... but you already took 100% of the damage... so you are just healing for 100% of the amount of the fairly weak on it's own AoE pulse... same logic with the force nova TBH).

Good to know the melee spell attacks don't count, although that seems to contradict the tooltip, but that isn't exactly the first time a tooltip in this game is wrong/incomplete/inaccurate, and honestly this is an edge case I can understand being excluded.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

is there a macro like for the tier 6 talents that automatically swaps when you change talents?
    i remember seeing it somewhere but i cant find it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:6/1] Gorefiend's Grasp; [talent:6/2] Remorseless Winter; [talent:6/3] Desecrated Ground

^ Change 6 to whatever row talent you are using and change spell names left to right in talent page works for all tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:6/1] Gorefiend's Grasp; [talent:6/2] Remorseless Winter; [talent:6/3] Desecrated Ground

^ Change 6 to whatever row talent you are using and change spell names left to right in talent page works for all tiers.
    You don't actually need that for the tiers that have three active spells (such as that one). Just drag whichever one you have to your bars and it will automatically change when you change talents.

Of course for the ones with two actives and a passive you do still need a macro like that.

a bit of a weird question, but - what exactly increases threat when you're a blood DK ? taunt skills obviously, but besides that - just the Blood Presence itself ?

meaning that, if, for example, you are in the Blood spec, but NOT in Blood Presence and aren't using taunts - you won't generate any additional threat compared to any other DPS ?

.. or just choosing blood spec (regardless of presence) automatically buffs your threat generation ?

I believe blood spec does shit all for your threat, only the presence that buffs it by 3059435348% like the other tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Blood Presence is your source of threat. Whenever I don't have any business touching the other tank's threat I just pop into... Unholy, I think I usually do? Maybe should be frost, I don't know, but.

At how many targets does Soul Reaper become a dps loss over simply spamming BB?
    Is "sniping" the haste buff with Soul Reaper on a target about to die ever worth it in multi-target situations (for damage)?

Deleted
    In aoe situations? Absolutely not, 1 Blood boil will do way more damage than the almost non-existant runes gained by the 50% haste + the initial SR dmg. Not to mention the global you waste by SRing.
    With 4 potential death runes, 2 blood runes, plague leech and like a 1000 blood tap charges I dont think theres really any aoe pack (atleast in highmaul) that will survive longer than 8-10 blood boils + death coils in between anyway. Maybe adds on Mythic Margok in p3. Maybe... (youll probably want to Death strike atleast once on those else RIP).

Thanks for the answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    At how many targets does Soul Reaper become a dps loss over simply spamming BB?
    Is "sniping" the haste buff with Soul Reaper on a target about to die ever worth it in multi-target situations (for damage)?
    Soul Reaper haste is the actual worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Soul Reaper haste is the actual worst thing.
    why ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    why ?
    Because it's worthless in comparison to the rune you spent? Essentially you invested a rune and gained nothing, or more accurately, 50% increased regen of the rune you just spent. Whoop de doo.

but what about the increased autoattack spee ? more Crimson Scourge procs maybe ?

but what about the increased autoattack spee ? more Crimson Scourge procs maybe ?
    The haste proc is a single player gimmick to make you feel better when you're SR doesn't fire.

In terms of damage getting 50% haste is loss but when it is about surv it is gain, bacause you can DS faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    In terms of damage getting 50% haste is loss but when it is about surv it is gain, bacause you can DS faster.
    What.

You wasted a global and a rune. You could have rune tapped if you were concerned about survival and had more mitigative potential for the same cost. It's not a gain at all.

so let me get this straight - you're saying blood DK should never ever use SR ? what about Frost DK ?

so let me get this straight - you're saying blood DK should never ever use SR ? what about Frost DK ?
    I don't think you've got anything straight right now, seeing the discussion was not as to whether Soul Reaper was good, but whether you should ever use it to gain the Haste buff it gives when an enemy dies before the damage is dealt.