Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    recommended level 100 talent for kromog?
    Doesn't really change from other fights, Defile or BoS for different reasons.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Doesn't really change from other fights, Defile or BoS for different reasons.
    Has defile been fixed to actually hit Kromog yet? Guessing that even if it hasn't, BoS is only preferable if you're willing and able to use it properly.

I just saw the post about BoS! sorry!
    Last edited by Unsilent; 2015-02-13 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Just saw the post.

Have you problem with taunt immunue on Beastlord?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    Have you problem with taunt immunue on Beastlord?
    Nope, you may be taunting too often.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

I have always problem when boss dismount and there are Beastlord and Beast. It happends on Fire Beast. We always taunt when stacks disappear. It is on 9-14 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    I have always problem when boss dismount and there are Beastlord and Beast. It happends on Fire Beast. We always taunt when stacks disappear. It is on 9-14 stacks.
    Taunt immune only happens if you are taunting too often. Just wait a few seconds after stacks drop if you are having issues. I have never had this issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    Taunt immune only happens if you are taunting too often. Just wait a few seconds after stacks drop if you are having issues. I have never had this issue though.
    A lot of mobs aren't affected by taunts if you do it too early on a "spawn"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Curious Troxism what your train of thought is for your character in it's current state on why you're stacking Multistrike (enchants/gems) over Mastery atm. I've read the guide and understand the basic concept but I think the guide assumes full BIS gear so I was wondering how you came up with "I need more Multistrike with my current gear loadout" if you don't mind.

Thank you, great guide. I'm slightly less of a terror to pugs I join because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buto View Post
    Curious Troxism what your train of thought is for your character in it's current state on why you're stacking Multistrike (enchants/gems) over Mastery atm. I've read the guide and understand the basic concept but I think the guide assumes full BIS gear so I was wondering how you came up with "I need more Multistrike with my current gear loadout" if you don't mind.

Thank you, great guide. I'm slightly less of a terror to pugs I join because of it.
    If you've read through the thread, you'd (in a sense) realize that Troxism views survival (for the moment) is relatively easy since there aren't (m)any one shot mechanics that would make prioritizing Mastery for survival as #1. Smart useage of Death Strike is more important than simply stacking Mastery. Smart cooldown useage is more important than stacking Mastery, etc. Also, stat priority will also depend a lot on how good you think you are at the previous two statements.

Troxism, I need help with gear choices.

Trinkets:

Can't post link so: Mythic Pol's, Heroic Evergaze, Heroic Blast Furnace Door.

Pol's is 685 other 2 are 670 and 680. The Pol one is controlled which means I can macro it with Vamp blood and use it like a pseudo defensive cd, but slightly less armor and 500 less mastery. But it lasts 20s vs the 10s of the Blast Furnace Door. Blast Furnace is shorter and random procs I feel. Ultimate plan is to get Turnbuckle, I'm guessing pair it with Evergaze?

Bracers:

Bracers of Visceral Force - 95 haste/103 multi + socket for 50 more multi.... vs..... Fleshmelter Bracers: 114 mastery/76 multi

The haste/multi has a socket for more multi. I feel like I should keep the haste/socket one, but man... I'm sad that I probably won't be using the bracers or trinket off H Blast Furnace.
    Last edited by Herbalplz; 2015-02-18 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buto View Post

Basically I couldn't give a rats ass about survivability at all. On our progression I basically only die because the other tank died and then I eat like Inferno slice to the face or I make some huge mistake where even gearing 100% survival wouldn't save me regardless. So why would I gear for survivability at all? We wipe to the other tank dying not me if we wipe to tank deaths. I mean I kind of allude to this in various posts in this thread but I don't really play like my guide says, and I basically don't understand tank players who care about survivability at all (and it causes me to have very little respect for some 'top' tanks in good guilds, as they underperform ridiculously compared to me).

Btw my Armory is not the gear I actually use to raid.

Also after progression, I think anyone interested will get a good laugh at how I played fights this tier, and exactly how much DPS I did compared to anyone else. Probably going to be my last tier however, due to me being sick of devs ignoring all feedback during beta, then doing knee jerk nerfs on live that break other things because they didn't bother to do a proper fix 8 months ago when it was talked about. And this has happened so many times now that it's just the last straw for me, to be at the whim of developers who can't plan ahead and ignore feedback because they are busy talking shit on twitter instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post
    Troxism, I need help with gear choices.

Trinkets:

Can't post link so: Mythic Pol's, Heroic Evergaze, Heroic Blast Furnace Door.

Pol's is 685 other 2 are 670 and 680. The Pol one is controlled which means I can macro it with Vamp blood and use it like a pseudo defensive cd, but slightly less armor and 500 less mastery. But it lasts 20s vs the 10s of the Blast Furnace Door. Blast Furnace is shorter and random procs I feel. Ultimate plan is to get Turnbuckle, I'm guessing pair it with Evergaze?

Bracers:

Bracers of Visceral Force - 95 haste/103 multi + socket for 50 more multi.... vs..... Fleshmelter Bracers: 114 mastery/76 multi

The haste/multi has a socket for more multi. I feel like I should keep the haste/socket one, but man... I'm sad that I probably won't be using the bracers or trinket off H Blast Furnace.
    Pols + Evergaze or Blast Furnace (honestly they are both very good, but I would probably lean to Blast Furnace Door slightly since it's a little more DPS). Why would you macro with Vamp Blood? CDs are better used spread out then all at once (unless you specifically need stacked CDs for a mechanic or phase because you would otherwise be 1 shot) normally. Get Turnbuckle to replace Pols if you are looking for survival yes.

Use the socketed bracer.

Why would you macro with Vamp Blood? Get Turnbuckle to replace Pols if you are looking for survival yes.
    Thanks for the reply.

I macro it with Vamp Blood because with 2pc Vamp blood is almost always up anyway, and I don't really count it as a surviv cd anymore. Just press it on cd with 2pc, tbh. Well, unless I'm really close to a boss attack/special like inferno. I got vamp on a separate button too in case.

My priority for trinks is dps> surviv. Wouldn't Turnbuckle be better for dps over blast furnace and Pols? I think I'm going to use Evergaze always cause it's great for dps, and try to pair it with Turnbuckle since both give active Bonus Armor. I read your trink descriptions in the OP and I'm a little confused. It seems you agree Bonus Armor >> Mastery for dps, but then it comes down to whether passive Mastery/active BA or passive BA/active Mastery is better for dps>survive. That I'm not sure on, but I talked with 2 DKs in top 20ish guilds and both prefer active BA of Evergaze/Turnbuckle.

Thanks for the reply.

I macro it with Vamp Blood because with 2pc Vamp blood is almost always up anyway, and I don't really count it as a surviv cd anymore. Just press it on cd with 2pc, tbh. Well, unless I'm really close to a boss attack/special like inferno. I got vamp on a separate button too in case.

My priority for trinks is dps> surviv. Wouldn't Turnbuckle be better for dps over blast furnace and Pols? I think I'm going to use Evergaze always cause it's great for dps, and try to pair it with Turnbuckle since both give active Bonus Armor. I read your trink descriptions in the OP and I'm a little confused. It seems you agree Bonus Armor >> Mastery for dps, but then it comes down to whether passive Mastery/active BA or passive BA/active Mastery is better for dps>survive. That I'm not sure on, but I talked with 2 DKs in top 20ish guilds and both prefer active BA of Evergaze/Turnbuckle.
    I dont know who you talked to but they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Turnbuckle and Pols are the two worst DPS trinkets in the tier (other then like Pillar or some shit). Strength is better for DPS then BA, and not all trinket budgets are the same if you just compare their overall stats with the average proc uptime. Best DPS trinkets are Vial, then Forgemasters, then Horn of Screaming Spirits/Blast Furnace Door, then Evergaze, then Tablet, then Pols, then all the other trash like Pillar and Battering. This is all assuming equal 'level' (as in all mythic or all heroic) ofc.

Of course then you take into account survivability benefits, and then Blast Furnace Door/Horn/Evergaze pretty much wreck other trinkets hands down. But they lack an active (which is way better in REALITY for survivability), and Turnbuckle/Pols are the only actives good for survival.
    Last edited by Troxism; 2015-02-18 at 11:38 PM.

I dont know who you talked to but they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Turnbuckle and Pols are the two worst DPS trinkets in the tier (other then like Pillar or some shit). Strength is better for DPS then BA, and not all trinket budgets are the same if you just compare their overall stats with the average proc uptime. Best DPS trinkets are Vial, then Forgemasters, then Horn of Screaming Spirits/Blast Furnace Door, then Evergaze, then Tablet, then Pols, then all the other trash like Pillar and Battering. This is all assuming equal 'level' (as in all mythic or all heroic) ofc.

Of course then you take into account survivability benefits, and then Blast Furnace Door/Horn/Evergaze pretty much wreck other trinkets hands down. But they lack an active (which is way better in REALITY for survivability), and Turnbuckle/Pols are the only actives good for survival.
    Again, I'm confused. In the OP you write that Blast Furnace is one of the best trinkets DPS-wise for tanks, yet Pol's is one of the worst... but they're both passive mastery and active/proc BA. I don't understand... I think I'm not taking into account the average proc uptime and stat budgets on trinks then.

So we agree that Evergaze would be best for DPS first Survive second, and then you're saying that Blast Furnace Door would be the 2nd trink for dps>survive. I guess where I'm hung up is why Blast Furnace would be better than Turntable for dps>survive, when Turntable is similar to Evergaze? Wouldn't active BA be better than active/proc Mastery for DPS>Survive?

Along the same note why is Pol's considered much worse DPS-wise than Blast Furnace Door? Pol's stats are less, but the active lasts double the duration of BFD's proc.

Thanks for the answers and patience. I'll ask the other 2 DKs again when I get a chance, but they both roll with Evergaze and Turntable because of the BA proc/active, and their reasoning is for DPS>Survive, those two would better than Mastery actives/procs.

Again, I'm confused. In the OP you write that Blast Furnace is one of the best trinkets DPS-wise for tanks, yet Pol's is one of the worst... but they're both passive mastery and active/proc BA. I don't understand... I think I'm not taking into account the average proc uptime and stat budgets on trinks then.

So we agree that Evergaze would be best for DPS first Survive second, and then you're saying that Blast Furnace Door would be the 2nd trink for dps>survive. I guess where I'm hung up is why Blast Furnace would be better than Turntable for dps>survive, when Turntable is similar to Evergaze? Wouldn't active BA be better than active/proc Mastery for DPS>Survive?

Along the same note why is Pol's considered much worse DPS-wise than Blast Furnace Door? Pol's stats are less, but the active lasts double the duration of BFD's proc.

Thanks for the answers and patience. I'll ask the other 2 DKs again when I get a chance, but they both roll with Evergaze and Turntable because of the BA proc/active, and their reasoning is for DPS>Survive, those two would better than Mastery actives/procs.
    Blast Furnace Door has a high stat budget for some reason for it's ilvl. It has a great uptime (higher then Pol's if Pol's is used on CD).

Heroic Evergaze probably beats Mythic Pols slightly for DPS yes, but it's pretty close just because of ilvl.

Tablet sucks for DPS because while it also has a high stat budget (like all BRF trinkets), most of it is in the passive mastery, and mastery is a weak DPS stat. It's active is relatively very weak, and since BA/STR are way better for DPS then Mastery, that is pretty important for DPS. But on the flip side active BA is SO STRONG. 20 seconds of 2k armour is better then any of your other tank CDS (IBF is stronger while it's up, but has very low duration/high cd in comparison).

I don't really have time to give you a full answer sorry, I'm starting raid atm.

Blast Furnace Door has a high stat budget for some reason for it's ilvl. It has a great uptime (higher then Pol's if Pol's is used on CD).

Heroic Evergaze probably beats Mythic Pols slightly for DPS yes, but it's pretty close just because of ilvl.

Tablet sucks for DPS because while it also has a high stat budget (like all BRF trinkets), most of it is in the passive mastery, and mastery is a weak DPS stat. It's active is relatively very weak, and since BA/STR are way better for DPS then Mastery, that is pretty important for DPS. But on the flip side active BA is SO STRONG. 20 seconds of 2k armour is better then any of your other tank CDS (IBF is stronger while it's up, but has very low duration/high cd in comparison).

I don't really have time to give you a full answer sorry, I'm starting raid atm.
    Thanks man, that's pretty thorough. It explained a lot to me. So then your pairings do seem correct; Blast Furnace Door and Tablet seem like the optimal pair. If I ever get Mythic Evergaze then I'll worry about it when the time comes.

Everyone is talking about how survivability is a joke and up until I got to Mythic Beastlord I agreed... I'm hoping I'm missing something because both me and my co-tank are dying like crazy on this fight. I use my cooldowns and call for externals any time I'm going to be tanking the small adds plus the boss / beast but there are still moments that I go from full life to dead in what feels like less than a second.

Can anyone with experience on that fight give any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Patryn View Post
    Everyone is talking about how survivability is a joke and up until I got to Mythic Beastlord I agreed... I'm hoping I'm missing something because both me and my co-tank are dying like crazy on this fight. I use my cooldowns and call for externals any time I'm going to be tanking the small adds plus the boss / beast but there are still moments that I go from full life to dead in what feels like less than a second.

Can anyone with experience on that fight give any tips?

We had some troubles for a bit there as well since we were so undergeared for the fight, but as a DK tank this is how I got through it with an ilvl of 677, rolling with a Paladin tank who was just as crappy geared:

Elephant phase: Whatever, not the worst thing, if you're tanking something and adds, pop Rune Tap or ask for a weaker CD and ask for a stun when you feel you want one.

Wolf: Try to dodge the Flesh and Tear stacks. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't, swap tanks at two stacks. If you get three and you're gonna tank the boss or the Wolf, ask for a BoP. Once again, ask for like Ironbark or Life Cocoon if you're also tanking adds and ask for stuns.

Dreadwing: Most annoying boss but it's really simple when you get a CD rotation going. When it's only the Dreadwing up, tanks swap after each breath. You will have to pop a CD ater 6-7 stacks to help with the damage or call out for something like Vigilance, Sacrifice or PS. Whoever is not tanking the Dreadwing gets the adds, ask for stuns etc. When they split, tank the boss to the side so whoever is tanking the Dreadwing doesn't get Flesh and Tear on him when the boss jumps around. The one tanking the Dreadwing tanks the adds with CD's up, and you shouldn't really get more than 1-2 waves of adds in this phase until Dreadwing is dead.

Last phase: Important that you ask for MD's since you kinda need to be on top of the other tank for the Heavy Smash. If you pay attention or the other tank has a powerfull CD up you can go pick up the adds after the smash happens, and move them into cleave range. There is no need to tank swap on last phase so just make sure whoever is not tanking the boss tanks the adds.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2015-02-21 at 01:00 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beastlord on mythic really isn't an issue if you're doing things correctly. Most deaths I had and our other tank had was just botched swapping, meaning that debuffs of the numerous that are present got too high. The adds entering at a bad angle and hitting you in the back is also a great way to die really quickly. Keep in mind when the wolf howls he buffs both the boss and himself with a pretty nasty frenzy, failure to remove it promptly will result in death. I'd just pop rune tap when it howled just in case tranq/shiv was late.