Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The rune system is in no way complicated.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find the rune system that complicated at all, lol. Seem to have no problems with threat, and with some good RnG my co-tanks have problems keeping threat off of me on the encounters I run with BoS on. We have potential to do a lot of damage.

As far as survival goes I feel just as durable as my co-tank (who is a BrM) and our healers always preferred me tanking over the times we ran with a guardian druid, prot paladin and prot warrior (especially prot warriors). Take a lot of damage sure, but when your healers trust you to make up the deficit yourself with good timing and CD usage it allows them to worry about pretty much everybody else. Some of the other tanks need to be baby sat or constantly use externals, I find myself rarely asking for externals, outside of say Gruul, where it's wasteful to just let them sit and rot.

Haven't had great luck with some of the DPS trinkets on heroic, but would love to use vial on some of the encounters I use BoS on simply because the extra survival really isn't worth it at this point. I might speak differently when we start working on Kromog this weekend, but thus far none of the encounters feel to pieces because tanks were taking too much damage. If you're taking too much damage you're just doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    The rune system is in no way complicated.
    It's still a lot more complicated than a single energy bar. The worst part is the interface for the runes (and that's why I created my addon that basically reduces the runes to 3).

The rune-system is complex. Its skill-floor is quite low, and its skill-ceiling quite high. At least comparably.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Also I think you look at public logs too much to look at how to do DPS. I think if you played in my raid you would have a good idea that A: I don't really play like my guide says, because the guide is written for the average player, and B: That I pull off some crazy stuff on progression that nobody else does until late into farm. I have a grand total of one pull on ONE fight publically logged. Reason I keep them private is actually to the benefit of everyone else, but I guess people won't ever see it that way (and people will never know the full story behind that, because after a few weeks things will change).
    I noticed you had a public parse on mythic Butcher - 41k DPS with only 14 CoI casts? Was it just good RNG?
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2015-03-02 at 03:52 AM.

Is chains glyph to extend BoS viable in AoE as well (3+)? Or would the loss of blood boils be too much? And is it crucial for single target? I've had pretty decent results without the glyph on both single target and AoE, but I was thinking about trying it on farm fights this upcoming reset. Thanks!

Deleted
    Seems Blizzard is set on trolling me on every first Mythic raid cache I get.

For Highmaul I got Grunt's Solid Ring and in the first BRF cache I just opened I got Battering Talisman.

Both times I get the one single item on the entire loot table that's just completely useless. Non-BA jewelry and a Stamina trinket, ugh.
    Last edited by mmoc1796efcc89; 2015-03-02 at 01:09 PM.

Meanwhile, they give me a hand... I already have mythic HM hands from the last boss, why would you give me the 665 tier-piece and immediately after 680 BrF heroic gloves?

Deleted
    Hi, starting to learn how to tank as a dk and i have two questions regarding the diseases + pulling:

I skilled Plague Leech and therefore using the outbreak glyph. How do you apply blood plague and frost fever during a pull ? Wait for 30 runic power and then use outbreak with blood boil or use icy touch + plague strike with blood boil ? Do i need these two spells even on my bar if i use glyphed outbreak ? I would rather spend these two runes for a death strike instead of applying diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    Hi, starting to learn how to tank as a dk and i have two questions regarding the diseases + pulling:

I skilled Plague Leech and therefore using the outbreak glyph. How do you apply blood plague and frost fever during a pull ? Wait for 30 runic power and then use outbreak with blood boil or use icy touch + plague strike with blood boil ? Do i need these two spells even on my bar if i use glyphed outbreak ? I would rather spend these two runes for a death strike instead of applying diseases.
    You won't notice any difference in your damage if you remove PS+IT. I pretty much did it.
    I still use PS+IT on the very first pull, because my HP is full at the first DS, but the skills are on the far side of my bar. In all other cases I use Outbreak and save the runes for a DS. You have tons of RP as blood anyway and a perfekt UF runes sync is nice.
    Playing better >>> 0.1% more DPS

Unrelated trinket question:
    671 Blast Furnace Door vs 685 Evergaze Arcane Eidolon
    Is is correct, that the Evergaze Arcane Eidolon is better for survival due to the higher ilvl? They're pretty much the same (disregarding ilvl), just the stats are switched. I'd like an armor proc better.
    Last edited by dr_AllCOM3; 2015-03-04 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post

If you're belf, you can DS + Arcane Torrent then Outbreak. For the non belves, you'd have to waste a BB before you can OB.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    If you're belf, you can DS + Arcane Torrent then Outbreak. For the non belves, you'd have to waste a BB before you can OB.
    As a belf, you can do army+torrent before pull and have 40ish RP. If you can't Army though, then yeah...

Everyone can DS+BB at the start. You have full runes anyway and it's a very good opener (for Outbreak).

Arcane Torrent should be saved for Breath of Sindragosa anyways.

If you are using BoS you probably shouldn't be running glyphed Outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Krisppo View Post
    If you are using BoS you probably shouldn't be running glyphed Outbreak
    Plague Leech -> Manually apply dots back
    Icy Touch = 10 RP
    Plague Strike = 10 RP
    Yields the same RP if you just DS'd once, and used the same amount of runes.
    Last edited by LimeMouse; 2015-03-05 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeMouse View Post
    Plague Leech -> Manually apply dots back
    Icy Touch = 10 RP
    Plague Strike = 10 RP
    Yields the same RP if you just DS'd once, and used the same amount of runes.
    You should apply Frost Fever with glyphed Chains of Ice, which gives you a net +10 RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    You should apply Frost Fever with glyphed Chains of Ice, which gives you a net +10 RP.
    Truth be spoken

Deleted
    Hi !
    Before : Thanks very much for so much intel about WoD Bdk. (i learn much more than i think)

Sorry for my poor english, but i have an issue so i come for some advices.
    I'm pretty sure, i'm doing everything "right" (or, at least, not bad) but i have a threat issue (thanks 6.03 hotfix, i didn't had any problem before) with my CoTank (Paladin) and only with him (no issue with other tank, even other Pal)

Me : Bdk Scyn Kael'thas serveur EU/Fr guilde Independance
    CoTank Pal : Treize Kael'thas serveur EU/Fr guilde Independance

(can't post any link)

I'm not full MS because my guild is not strong enough for this. I use an hybride optimisation Mastey>MS>hate>Versa>Crit
    pretty like the synergie between MS and Hate.
    I think we need a buff for our Aggro (Aggro and not DPS, i'm doing more dps than him =/
    So, i'm the only one?