Thread: PokeMMO

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PokeMMO

http://pokemmo.eu/

I just started and I'm pretty amazed at how well done it is. Apparently Nintendo can't take this one down because all copyrighted materials is in the ROMs which are not included in the client.

CHARMANDER! I choose you!

Anyone else playing this?

looks cool, have to give it a try

10+ Year Old Account
    took em long enough

is it as grindy or as IV/EV nature dependant as the actual games? ifso i think ill pass
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-02-01 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    now if they just make an MMO up to the current gen i'm happy

Nintendo should just make a Pokemon MMO, I would so sub to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh cool aanother fan made game that gamefreak will shut down
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    took em long enough

is it as grindy or as IV/EV nature dependant as the actual games? ifso i think ill pass
    Yes it is, some pokemon you can only get one per character, ex : Eevee and to trade it to your other character you need to level it to 50

Oh god, I must try this

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Nintendo should just make a Pokemon MMO, I would so sub to that.
    Yeah, I would too, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    Yes it is, some pokemon you can only get one per character, ex : Eevee and to trade it to your other character you need to level it to 50
    They recently opened the game corner in one of the last patches you can get several pokemon there including eevee's, pinsir's, and scyther's. They also doubled some of the coin gains from winning like triple 7's give 600 coins instead of 300, I'm assuming because they don't want people to grind coins more than they have too. All in all though it is a pretty decent made game, and ya to answer one of the questions, If you go competitive, it is as grindy as the actual game but obviously you don't NEED to grind IV's and get that perfect nature to beat the "PVE" side of the game.

Looks interesting. I'm still hoping for a WoW-like Pokémon MMORPG

10+ Year Old Account
    Suprisingly well done in making this into an unofficial mmo. You can even customize the look of your character (clothing, colors, hair style, etc)

However ima have to agree with McNeil, I dream Nintendo will one day create a Pokemon MMO. I personally would love it in the style of Pokemon Colosseum or Gale of Darkness.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think we're better off not getting an official MMO. I'd love to see it as much as anyone, but the chances of it getting screwed up crushing all our dreams is MUCH higher than the chances of it actually being good and playable. We're probably better off just dreaming forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    So stop playing with yourself
    but...i like doing that

Deleted
    You can play it for your own fun and don't mind IV/EV's at all. But if you want to trade your Pokémon with other players, first thing they ask is how good their IV's are, if they are EV-trained, and if they have a good nature. If your Pokémon doesn't have that then people won't be interested, even if your Pokémon is very rare.
    If you want to play it solo I suggest just playing it the original way, however PokeMMO is handy for easily trading Pokémon to evolve them.

I'm 24 and what is this? lol Must try!

hmm interesting, eh. will give it a try later!

Haha, this is just frigin awesome.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

Well,

Alright then.

I... can't approve harder.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Whoa nice find. It look just like the actual game and free! I may have to give this a try.
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2013-02-14 at 03:34 AM.