Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lets talk about rogues

The amount of utility they still have post patch is ridiculous and the fact they go around just 2 shotting everybody in bgs is a joke.

As a shadow priest I have 2 CC, one of which requires me to use shadow orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-expansion packs ALWAYS have broken mechanics/classes. I hate to be one of those "patch/whatever will fix it" but in this case it applies. Remember when ret pallies were two shotting people in pre-expansion?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Pre-expansion packs ALWAYS have broken mechanics/classes. I hate to be one of those "patch/whatever will fix it" but in this case it applies. Remember when ret pallies were two shotting people in pre-expansion?
    It doesn't change the fact that they still have way too much utility. Burst of Speed needs removed right fucking now and Evasion should either cancel energy regen or drain energy every second.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Deleted
    Rogues always hover between Overpowered and Overpowered as Fuck. Didn't you get used to it by now? Today is the latter. Once WoD hits, it will be the former.

I only play classes that can handle rogues in pvp because sooner or later you come against one and he's gonna rape your ass if your class can't handle it, and let me you tell you something, the selection of stuff that can deal with rogues is awfully slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    How is this going to fix a rogues crazy utility where as most classes got nerfed to the ground in that department?

Deleted
    Ooooh this is exciting I haven't done any bgs yet.
    speaking of which, what is the best spec for PvP? sub is still bursty as fuck

I honestly dont have any issue with rogues do what they were designed to do, take their utility and they'd be a weak warrior.

Rogues have always been stupidly good towards the end of an xpac and stupidly bad in the beginning....it has been this way for 10 years so it should come as no surprise.

Deleted
    Ppl saying that prepatch is not meant to be balanced need to take a hard look at WOD arenas on the beta. Rogue can 100-0 any class in 8 to 10 seconds (of course being perma CC), can reset the fights infinitely (new vanish CD reduction + glyph), take less damage than any other class because of feint have one of the best self heal (recuperate) and has lost exactly 0 spells with the pruning.

Rogue are going to be a major concern for pvpers for the first WOD season, I can guarantee it, probably the closest other class in terms of utility + dmg is the feral druid but still not even comparable.

The stat squish did nothing to the burst as opposed to what was advertised, the burst you see in the prepatch is pretty much how WOD arenas look like (maybe without some very small exceptions).

The Diminishing returns thing actually is only benefiting the rogue because he is one of the only class with multiple categories on long CCs all within the same spec.

Trust me, the tears about rogues are just starting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello.

How are you guys doing?

Infracted for minor spam

Don't infract me, bro!
    Last edited by Saverem; 2014-10-16 at 08:55 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Ppl saying that prepatch is not meant to be balanced need to take a hard look at WOD arenas on the beta. Rogue can 100-0 any class in 8 to 10 seconds (of course being perma CC), can reset the fights infinitely (new vanish CD reduction + glyph), take less damage than any other class because of feint have one of the best self heal (recuperate) and has lost exactly 0 spells with the pruning.

Rogue are going to be a major concern for pvpers for the first WOD season, I can guarantee it, probably the closest other class in terms of utility + dmg is the feral druid but still not even comparable.

The stat squish did nothing to the burst as opposed to what was advertised, the burst you see in the prepatch is pretty much how WOD arenas look like (maybe without some very small exceptions).

The Diminishing returns thing actually is only benefiting the rogue because he is one of the only class with multiple categories on long CCs all within the same spec.

Trust me, the tears about rogues are just starting.
    Is it my impression that Blizzard is not done tuning. They really CANNOT let WoD release with this absolutely shittastic pvp balance with rogues and ferals that nuke you in under 4 seconds, dks that need 2 dps-ers to kill them because their self heals are insane, and demo locks that pop meta and kill you while spamming an instant.

If nothing is done this expansion will have the most horrible pvp balance since ever and many people will quit over it. I know I'm considering it if Blizzard is THAT dumb.

Rogues were trash through most of Mists and even by the end they were only viable in a select few number of comps, chiefly RMD I think you can survive one month of a nonsense irrelevant patch wait till lv 100 and then tell me how OP rogues are.

However I feel for you because you play a shadow priest a class I always ate for breakfast as a rogue player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoss View Post
    Is it my impression that Blizzard is not done tuning. They really CANNOT let WoD release with this absolutely shittastic pvp balance with rogues and ferals that nuke you in under 4 seconds, dks that need 2 dps-ers to kill them because their self heals are insane, and demo locks that pop meta and kill you while spamming an instant.

If nothing is done, this expansion will have the most horrible pvp balance since ever and many people will quit over it.
    The first season of WOD WILL be a disaster, this is now pretty much a fact considering the scale of the changes and the failure of Blizz to address the side effects of the changes.

Now, remember the Season 5 :

Tier 1 : DK, HolyPal, RetPal, Hunter
    Tier 2 : The rest
    Garbage Tier : Warrior

The gap between the tier 1 and the Tier 2 was so wide, the DK so drastically OP (And I'm Rank 1 Deadly Glad S5 as DK in every bracket at that time (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B4ki/simple)). The whole season was disgusting, ridiculous and any adjective that could describe the end of competitive pvp in WoW. Still, things improved and some things were corrected over time.

The first season of the xpac can be a very bad one and be suceeded by decent or even good ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's kind of weird playing a mut rogue right now. I only lost shadow blades as an actual cooldown. I also lost expose armor and my disarm, but everybody else lost those too. Slice and dice was originally going to be passive, but that was reverted, so basically nothing changed for me. So much for pruning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Yeah it's kind of weird playing a mut rogue right now. I only lost shadow blades as an actual cooldown. I also lost expose armor and my disarm, but everybody else lost those too. Slice and dice was originally going to be passive, but that was reverted, so basically nothing changed for me. So much for pruning.
    I thought all pvp rogues play sub...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoss View Post
    I thought all pvp rogues play sub...
    Probably most do, but for me sub just makes me better against classes I'm already good against. Mut gives me a better chance against challenging classes like warriors and monks. Combat kind of goes the opposite extreme and makes the classes I'm good against really difficult while making warriors easy. So it's a good middle ground.

Deleted
    Yes the pruning removed :

Shadow Blades (Which was macroed so was technically not even a real button)
    Dismantle (All disarms are gone so not a real class-specific thing, especially considering that rogues did not rely on their disarm as utility as much as other classes like WW monks for example)

So in the end Rogues lost nothing which is strange because I can definetly think about abilities that could be removed for the sake of clarity and balance. Gouge, Distract, feint and recuperate could be removed with very little effect on the rogue opness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post

So in the end Rogues lost nothing which is strange because I can definetly think about abilities that could be removed for the sake of clarity and balance. Gouge, Distract, feint and recuperate could be removed with very little effect on the rogue opness.
    Some of those also have PVE functions actually.

. Slice and dice was originally going to be passive, but that was reverted, so basically nothing changed for me. So much for pruning.
    Thats the lvl 92 perk, you just dont have it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Mages are ok? Allrighty.

You don't want us to run. You don't want us to burst. Sustained damage doesn't seem to part of the idea for Rogue PvP. So we got nothing.