Why no Disc stance/chakra?

With so much being cut from disc and the only thing gained is a tank spam absorb I am considering switching from this now brain dead class, but first here our some of my dream changes for disc.

Bring inner fire/will back as stances or chakra for disc. Fire could increase damage and Will could increase absorbs. Could even go 1 more and drop grace for a healing buff stance. Holy, shadow, and Monks get stances so why not disc?

It's bad enough our crits don't crit but cutting binding heal and putting a cast time on Pom makes 5 mans a chore to top anyone off if they take damage. Seems as tho disc is now a class that either prevents the damage or can do nothing about it. I miss my binding heal.

All we will be good for is tank healing. Almost no fights where all will be stacked so both our aoe healing and raid cd barrier are worthless most of the time. Why can't barrier be atleast the size of the passive aoe ground heals? Better yet why not turn spirit shell into a tranq/hymn that does absorbs. Way to op I know but would still be great fun.

Only giving stam buff also bugs me. I'm still missing our spirit buff why can't we give so or haste with all specs.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar I may have fat fingered on my phone. Thanks for listening. Anyone else got any other fun ideas that will never happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broti View Post
    With so much being cut from disc and the only thing gained is a tank spam absorb I am considering switching from this now brain dead class, but first here our some of my dream changes for disc.

Bring inner fire/will back as stances or chakra for disc. Fire could increase damage and Will could increase absorbs. Could even go 1 more and drop grace for a healing buff stance. Holy, shadow, and Monks get stances so why not disc?

It's bad enough our crits don't crit but cutting binding heal and putting a cast time on Pom makes 5 mans a chore to top anyone off if they take damage. Seems as tho disc is now a class that either prevents the damage or can do nothing about it. I miss my binding heal.

All we will be good for is tank healing. Almost no fights where all will be stacked so both our aoe healing and raid cd barrier are worthless most of the time. Why can't barrier be atleast the size of the passive aoe ground heals? Better yet why not turn spirit shell into a tranq/hymn that does absorbs. Way to op I know but would still be great fun.

Only giving stam buff also bugs me. I'm still missing our spirit buff why can't we give so or haste with all specs.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar I may have fat fingered on my phone. Thanks for listening. Anyone else got any other fun ideas that will never happen?
    If you hate it so much reroll. No one is forcing you to play this "brain dead class".

Deleted
    Or, keep "stances" limited to Holy so that there's a nice difference between the two speccs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Said it looong time ago; create 2 stances for Disc instead; Atonment/dps stance and Heal/Aoe stance. That way you could keep it all more balanced without taking away fun for you who likes the dps>heal playstyle.

Chakra for Holy is like... pie with Peaches and Shrimps at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Chakra for Holy is like... pie with Peaches and Shrimps at the same time.
    You do realize that's an actual recipe that's delicious?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Idiotic thread. All I see here is that you want to turn a unique spec into something the same as the other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Idiotic thread. All I see here is that you want to turn a unique spec into something the same as the other specs.
    Have you not been reading patch notes. They are turning all specs similar but just forgot to do anything for disc except gut atonement. In the pre patch notes they had a section for every classes changes but all they had for disc was a section about atonement. People who are finewith discs current spells must really have no idea. Disc has been terrible every expansion and has to get buffed a month in and then become "op" because we scale well with gear.

Anyways I was asking for fun opinions for disc changes so this thread can be deleted or whatever since people all want to be negative.
    Last edited by Broti; 2014-10-20 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broti View Post
    Disc has been terrible every expansion
    It really hasn't though.

Besides, Disc was never supposed to just be Atonement spam. The state it was in during Mists was a joke. Overpowered and mindless.

All they need to do is make Atonement "smarter" and tune some numbers (still pre-patch remember) and Disc will be a fine specc.

Asides from standard Flash Heal/Heal you have Penance, PW:S, Prayer of Healing, Holy Nova (like I said, tuning) and then Smite during low damage to build Archangel stacks. Then there's Spirit Shell, Barrier and the aforementioned Archangel for cooldowns.

I really don't understand why you feel Disc needs something like stances added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Said it looong time ago; create 2 stances for Disc instead; Atonment/dps stance and Heal/Aoe stance. That way you could keep it all more balanced without taking away fun for you who likes the dps>heal playstyle.
    You just described mistweavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    It really hasn't though.

I really don't understand why you feel Disc needs something like stances added to it.
    I didn't start playing disc till near end of wrath but in cata and mop it was bad at launch and had to get buffed to be viable. I'd like stances because it would make 1/2 our useless spells viable again and increase the skillcap. I miss the days I could rank top 25 without full bis gear.

no thanks the monk split stance sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    All they need to do is make Atonement "smarter" and tune some numbers (still pre-patch remember) and Disc will be a fine specc.
    I'd been saying this for a long time: They should take a lesson from Rift's Chloromancer and try some of the same principles. Make Atonement be triggered by 6-7 spells, some costing a lot of mana and healing for a lot, some costing little mana and healing for little. Make us actually have to make a decision which spell to use for Atonement. Then, give disc a "Beacon" of sorts to put on one person and make some of the Atonement spells only heal the Beaconed target. Voila, you now have single target Atonement and AoE Atonement that you have to choose between, in addition to having to choose the strength of a heal and how much mana to spend on it.

It can be done, it has been done in other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You do realize that's an actual recipe that's delicious?