Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone successfully used tremor in 6.0.2

...to actually prevent fear? It's just garbage atm. Only 10 sec, they should at least make it last 30sec with 5 hp.

Have started running Ulduar again recently on my shammies for the legendary mace. I'm hit and miss with catching the fear from the crazy cat lady, although it's not life or death whether I get it down in time. It's more just for practice to see if I can get it down before her fairly quick cast time is done. Not enjoying the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you have to get a feeling for it in pvp, align it with your burst cooldowns for example or your enemies burst.

In pve, get a proper timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawe View Post
    ...to actually prevent fear? It's just garbage atm. Only 10 sec, they should at least make it last 30sec with 5 hp.
    Is this a troll or?
    You just need to use it prior to the fear actually going off as in, when they are casting it or when it looks like a warrior is going to fear.
    Takes a little brain power now rather than just press it like another trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    With such a high Australian latency, it's been extremely hard to land a tremor pre-emptively against a fear in PvP since the change. While the old model was mindless, this is too far one-sided and only really benefits anyone doing PvE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    With such a high Australian latency, it's been extremely hard to land a tremor pre-emptively against a fear in PvP since the change. While the old model was mindless, this is too far one-sided and only really benefits anyone doing PvE.
    ^
    Yet another reason why I don't PvP.

Alot of things are like that and I find it extremely frustrating

I have prevented a total of 1 fear. Priests are predictable with their fear. Warriors not so much.
    Warlocks have a lot of CC queued up for you in case the first fear fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I understand they want to introduce some form of "skill" into the ability, but what about Berserker Rage? That's still usable while crowd controlled... and I do understand that they're different in regards to one being for yourself, the other being for your team, but I'd rather they just increased the cooldown of Tremor instead of making it unnecessarily harder to use.

Quote Originally Posted by rawe View Post
    they should at least make it last 30sec
    No.

Enjoy PvP anyone that's going to continue playing Elemental in WoD. I'll be thinking of you when I roll my face across my keyboard to rank 1 on a [Insert Random Melee Class Here]!

Yeah honestly it's not all that bad. Priests, Warriors and Locks are all fairly predictable, the only time it's a problem is when the Fear comes out of something else first. Like if a Warrior uses Stormbolt and then Fears you, but aside from that I'm not having too much of a problem with it.

Protip: If a Warrior, Warlock, or Priest runs towards you it's a good sign he's going to fear you.

Personally I think that they made the wrong decision, and should've just made it to be working exactly like Berserker Rage; removing the fear from the shaman only, and having the same CD as Berserker Rage. Call me whatever you want, but I'm not even putting it in my action bar. Screw it.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah honestly it's not all that bad. Priests, Warriors and Locks are all fairly predictable, the only time it's a problem is when the Fear comes out of something else first. Like if a Warrior uses Stormbolt and then Fears you, but aside from that I'm not having too much of a problem with it.

Protip: If a Warrior, Warlock, or Priest runs towards you it's a good sign he's going to fear you.
    Protip: if u play above 1800, it may also be a good sign that they want to mock your tremor out, stab it, and fear afterwards.

playing against a spriest has been the worst experience so far Psychic Horror into Fear into Silence it has really been the worst and they can do the same cc chain every 45 seconds for about 18 seconds plus polymorph and freeze from the mage and then bash and clone from druid has made it near impossible to counter that cc chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Tremor's stuck in that "void" where it's no longer really useful, as its cooldown outweighs the usefulness of such an action. Instead, they could've either:

1. Kept the ability to use it while crowd controlled, and increased the cooldown OR,
    2. Have it been non-usable while crowd controlled, but reduced the cooldown.

Deleted
    I only managed to use it right on priest while "bursting", other classes are not that predictable. I would rather they change it back, even with shorter duration or at least with a glyph. Other use i see now is to save someone from fear while they are feared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Protip: if u play above 1800, it may also be a good sign that they want to mock your tremor out, stab it, and fear afterwards.
    With 5hp this is EXACTLY what will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

Enjoy PvP anyone that's going to continue playing Elemental in WoD. I'll be thinking of you when I roll my face across my keyboard to rank 1 on a [Insert Random Melee Class Here]!
    Rolling a rogue as we speak, since this shaman class went from acceptable burst only class to mediocre all arounders (again)

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Tremor totem is just awful. There is no point to it. It can be easily killed our wait out its duration before fearing.... and once you use it the enemy player knows you are open to fears for a whole minute. Before, tremor had no CD and long duration so it was fine to drop it whenever to try and prevent fears. With a CD, this totem needs to be reliable, and it currently is not.

They need to make it useable while Feared/CC'd again.... just make it unuseable with the Call of Elements talent and increase its CD to 1.5min.

Deleted
    Exactly. Or just juke it and pull back for the duration, depending on the game situation. That warlock in post in one of the first posts (sorry, on my mobile) has a good point; it's a bit more useful in a very aggressive push when you try to overwhelm your opponents.
    If i were to try and balance it i'd leave it as is and make it undestroyable, and see how that plays out.

Exactly this. Any good player will bait the tremor.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Skirmish partner always shouting for tremor when we get feared....nothing i can do now.

Anyone claiming that tremor totem is useless is either being dishonest or ignorant. It is still useful to break fears. The old implementation was overpowered (especially when coupled with CotE), and was a large part of the reason that resto shamans were top tier pvp healers throughout all of MoP. It was also part of the reason that almost all top tier comps involved either a dps shaman or resto shaman. The only exceptions were mage/resto druid comps (RMD and godcomp) due to the extra cc break provided by symbiosis ice block (which is removed in WoD).

If enemies aren't cc'ing you before they fear, then you should try to anticipate the fear and react accordingly. If enemies are using strategies that involve cc'ing into the fear, then they are playing correctly and should be rewarded with the fear for lack of your teammates stopping the fear. This is the same scenario as it has always been at a high level. If a warlock uses shadowfury on you, your teammates should stop the subsequent fear. Similarly if a priest disarms, your teammates should stop the fear. It is the same scenario with other classes: disorient into cyclone, deep freeze into poly, etc.

Having poor latency isn't an argument against tremor totem. Just because your latency prevents you from properly reacting to fears, doesn't mean tremor is a useless spell. By that logic, interrupts/grounding totem are useless because you can't use them correctly due to poor latency.

Also note that no high level shaman runs without totemic vigor, so complaints about the totem having 5hp are a non-issue. In addition, the class with the highest potential to fear has lost the ability to quickly totem stomp (warlock fel flame was removed).

That said, a cooldown reduction might be justified to make the spell more useful. Also, there are areas in which shamans could use buffs that are unrelated to tremor. Something to help resto shamans when they are trained is an obvious example. These weaknesses are not justifications for an overpowered tremor totem though.