The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Devouring Plague and SW:I

Hey I'm wondering why sometimes when I cast a DP with 3 orbs i get a 6 second DP and other times with 3 orbs it only lasts around 2 seconds, why is this happening?

Edit: Mind Flay Insanity- sorry just woke up lol
    Last edited by Slykila; 2014-10-21 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slykila View Post
    Hey I'm wondering why sometimes when I cast a DP with 3 orbs i get a 6 second DP and other times with 3 orbs it only lasts around 2 seconds, why is this happening?

Edit: Mind Flay Insanity- sorry just woke up lol
    Haste procs reduce the duration of devouring plague.

For insanity though, you now get a buff instead of relying on a target debuff.
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-10-21 at 02:27 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    is DP or my insanity hitting harder in that 2 second window? Cause I can only get off 2 insanity flays compared to 4

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They shouldn't be anymore. Now haste grants partial-ticks of DoTs, until you gather enough haste to where it WOULD have been a breakpoint previously. Then you just get a new tick. It should not be reducing the DoT time anymore.
    DP is a special snowflake spell. By default it's duration is reduced by haste - it will always tick 6 times.

Refreshes/Multistrikes currently change that a bit, but that might just as well be a bug (at least for me MS/Refreshes deal more damage than intended)

10+ Year Old Account
    Proccing haste buffs during bloodlust makes it really hard to even cast 1 Insanity.
    I really dislike Insanity mechanics now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Proccing haste buffs during bloodlust makes it really hard to even cast 1 Insanity.
    I really dislike Insanity mechanics now.
    The only thing I like about insanity now is that I can swap targets with it. Was doing mythic garrosh and it was nice to throw up dp on garry and then insanity a mc. Really let me feel like hey i'm actually helping now rather than throwing a Mb/Mf and just going meh the hunters have it dog.

I don't like the feel of it in any other form. With that said I can't stand the new FDCL or using Mind bender so this will have to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.