Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[TV] Constantine

Premieres this Friday in the US

I will be watching this show, but I won't be catching the first episode until early next week.

For the record (since this comes up all the time), I did enjoy the Keanu film. I've only read the Dangerous Habits series of the original Hellblazer comic books, but the issue with Brendan Finn (42?) is one of my favorite comics of all time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be tuning in as well, I think it has a lot of potential, although apparently they change some stuff between the pilot and episode 2, so if you watch the pilot and hate it, it's worth sticking around one more episode .

p.s. I enjoyed the Keanu movie as well, just not as a Hellblazer movie, because it wasn't.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    it's on NBC. i'l wait and see if it gets a season 2 before investing myself in it.
    Hi

Saw the pilot at SDCC. Even though it's a bit weird and jarring that it seems to set up a bunch of things and then apparently doesn't, it has a lot of potential. Seemed like a sort of "Occult Doctor Who". Constantine even reminds me of the Tenth Doctor.

the pilot got leaked at least a month ago and i liked it. good enough to keep watching it. just not too sure about the black guy as an angel(guy from Lost with the son, or Pope from SoA)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Saw the pilot at SDCC. Even though it's a bit weird and jarring that it seems to set up a bunch of things and then apparently doesn't, it has a lot of potential. Seemed like a sort of "Occult Doctor Who". Constantine even reminds me of the Tenth Doctor.
    More like the 10th Doctor is a little bit Constantineish.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    p.s. I enjoyed the Keanu movie as well, just not as a Hellblazer movie, because it wasn't.
    This is exactly how I feel about the Constantine movie. I saw it 3 or 4 times when it was still in theaters, because I enjoyed it so much. Then I read the comics and realized that it got almost everything wrong. So, I treat it like I treat a lot of adaptations: It's not the original, so I'm not going to judge it based on the original!

I am looking forward to the TV show, as it seems like they got it a lot closer to the source material.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I understand the why, but I'm still annoyed that he won't be smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Yeah gonna miss the "20 Silk cut, Squire"

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Really? And I was thinking how "Dangerous Habits" makes for an incredible story arc. /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    the pilot got leaked at least a month ago and i liked it. good enough to keep watching it. just not too sure about the black guy as an angel(guy from Lost with the son, or Pope from SoA)
    I will reserve my judgment of the Angel as a character, but damn it the contacts look so bad. I understand you wanna differentiate angels from humans, but some shots the contacts are on so crooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the pilot, hated Liv, but who cares she's gone now , replaced with the super hot Zed (who we got a look at, at the end of the pilot).

I have one problem though... Fucking hell the actor playing Constantine's accent is awful... I mean ok, he's Welsh so his English Accent wont be spot on... But fuck me that was a real tour of britain there :P, going from Cockney, to Brummie, went Scouse for a bit... I really hope he sorts that out, because it's going to get REALLY annoying.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the pilot, hated Liv, but who cares she's gone now , replaced with the super hot Zed (who we got a look at, at the end of the pilot).

I have one problem though... Fucking hell the actor playing Constantine's accent is awful... I mean ok, he's Welsh so his English Accent wont be spot on... But fuck me that was a real tour of britain there :P, going from Cockney, to Brummie, went Scouse for a bit... I really hope he sorts that out, because it's going to get REALLY annoying.
    quite frankly, who gives a crap about the accent?
    It's a US show, primarily aired in the US, and no one there will be caring whatsoever about British accent nuances.

The show was awesome, very promising. Looking forward to more. I hope it stays that way, and won't be cancelled.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    quite frankly, who gives a crap about the accent?
    It's a US show, primarily aired in the US, and no one there will be caring whatsoever about British accent nuances.
    To be fair, THEY clearly care, or they wouldn't have hired an actor from the UK . The only problem IS, they hired an actor from Wales.

The show was awesome, very promising. Looking forward to more. I hope it stays that way, and won't be cancelled.
    Agreed, I really enjoyed the pilot, I think this show has A LOT of potential. I don't think it'll be cancelled, WB are riding pretty fucking high right now, it only has to do kinda well for them to let it ride and based on that pilot I can't see how it WON'T at least do kinda well.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, THEY clearly care, or they wouldn't have hired an actor from the UK . The only problem IS, they hired an actor from Wales.
    they just care to the degree that he sounds foreign/british.. No average American can distinct the nuances at all.
    For you as Brit it's obvious, for an American it isn't...
    Much like you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the nuances between someone from New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles.
    Only Americans can distinct that.
    Just real heavy accents are detectable for the untrained ear.

Agreed, I really enjoyed the pilot, I think this show has A LOT of potential. I don't think it'll be cancelled, WB are riding pretty fucking high right now, it only has to do kinda well for them to let it ride and based on that pilot I can't see how it WON'T at least do kinda well.
    They cancelled Almost Human, which was an awesome show too. You just never know with US networks.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    they just care to the degree that he sounds foreign/british.. No average American can distinct the nuances at all.
    For you as Brit it's obvious, for an American it isn't...
    Actually I can usually tell the differences in various american accents , but then again I've had vocal coaching in different accents so I guess I'm not exactly an untrained ear.
    Out of interest, you clearly had no problem with his accent, but did it sound "normal" to you? Like did it sound to you like he was using the same accent the whole way through?

They cancelled Almost Human, which was an awesome show too. You just never know with US networks.
    Yeah but that's Fox, fuck those guys . They cancelled Firefly, they clearly don't have a fucking clue!

Almost Human is one of the worst shows I've ever watched. Only reason I watched 3 episodes was because of Karl Urban. Even Falling Skies had better writers.

OT: watched the pilot, wasn't that impressed but I'll watch a few more episodes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Meh, episode felt like I was watching in in 2x speed, story seems a bit weak. One second she's asking her mother about her dad out of nowhere, 30 seconds later she gets an explanation about the amulet without any incident. Might watch episode 2, but for now, meh.

Also, lol @ people thinking Almost Human was bad when shittier shows are still airing.

Watched the pilot, and I enjoyed it. Had a little laugh when the girl picked up Dr. Fate's helm, wonder if there will be an appearance by him or other mystical DC characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

That was really Zed/Maria? Because I was wondering if she was Emma. I know Zed had a thing for drawing faces, but Emma was an artist too. With spiritual talent, even to the point of painting her own death on the hands of a Invunche.

What I hated was that Manny. Direct interference from heaven? The cool thing in the comics was that every first step was made for mankind.
    Besides, cigarettes... What the heck, that was awful at Watchmen, now Constantine is suffering from unnecessary PC.

Now, those recent incarnations of Chas are confusing.... Chas was the ABSOLUTELY TIED UP WITH NO MAGIC cab driver common man. He was cool, because no thing in the occult world could reach him. He was a family man, religious, with a common life, which the most close relation with magic was collecting the bets that Constantine ordered him to put with bookmakers, through divination. And he never asked any question.
    Last edited by Buu; 2014-10-27 at 09:36 AM.