it is normal....

.....that during my rot. as ENHA i have "dead times"? i mean when you have nothing to click because you have all in cd's and then you wait that something/proc refresh? (i feel like old dk when you had no runes to spend)

I just rolled an Enhancement shaman in 6.0.2 and I image it has something to do with haste. Most if not all guides say we need to hit a breakpoint of 50% haste so that should greatly help us with downtime. More procs of Maelstrom Weapon and Flurry reducing all our cooldowns!

thanks for answer i have just hit 530 il and i have only 30% haste so it is far from the soft cap!

Even at the 50% haste cap you will have some of these moments from time to time so you can spend it refreshing totems or hard casting lightning bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocyrst View Post
    Even at the 50% haste cap you will have some of these moments from time to time so you can spend it refreshing totems or hard casting lightning bolt.
    yes have noticed! i just wonder why the rot is not fluid as that of warrior

I don't think I've experienced any dead spots since the patch. Once you get 50% haste it's button mashing time. If anything, the glyph of frost shock takes away ALL dead space.

No dead space at all, pick up frost shock glyph as mentioned above.

also, casting lightning bolt sometimes is a dps gain then just hacking away.

Or even Echo of Elements tends to fill up most of my blank space.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    yes have noticed! i just wonder why the rot is not fluid as that of warrior
    Cause Blizzard has decided not everything can be the same...and if some classes are fluid, others have to be clunky

Now is our clunky time

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Frost Shock Glyph can be detrimental to the rotation.

Im at around 51% Haste raid buffed and it feels like a good steady pace. There are moments - very far and few inbetween - where I am doing nothing.

The Frost Shock glyph can turn what is a fairly good paced rotation into something a little more hectic and can mean you actually miss other abilities such as Lava Lash or Stormstrike, its the slightest of DPS increases on paper and IMO sometimes, isnt worth it.

I would look at how the spec performs at 50% Haste in a raid environment (with movement etc) and then judge.

I don't know why people are equating "clunky" and "not gcd-locked", it doesn't have to be and isn't a problem when you don't have something lighting up to press at literally all times. That's just a natural consequence of using more than one ability, and those abilities having cooldowns.
    Would having an extra button with no cooldown to mash as filler really add anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't know why people are equating "clunky" and "not gcd-locked", it doesn't have to be and isn't a problem when you don't have something lighting up to press at literally all times. That's just a natural consequence of using more than one ability, and those abilities having cooldowns.
    Would having an extra button with no cooldown to mash as filler really add anything?
    Because that is how the spec has played for significant amount of time, despite blizzards best efforts to stop us GCD locking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."