Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    The reveal in the trailer that Andy Serkis is in the movie, and fact it very much looks like hes going to be playing Ulysses Klaw, is really interesting.

There is a fictitious nation in central Africa named Wakanda in the Marvel Universe. Its the only place on the planet when the rare metal Vibranium can be found. In his first appearance in the comics Klaw steals some of this metal to use in an experiment, eventually ending up becoming a super-villain.

Vibranium is also the metal used by Tony Stark's father to create Captain America's shield.

In the trailer we see the shot of Cap's shattered shield, so I think its a fair leap of logic to think that maybe Wakanda will make an appearance, perhaps with the team visiting to somehow repair the shield. Now, whats really interesting is Wakandan national head of state is none other than T'Challa, otherwise known as the Avenger The Black Panther!

We could quite possibly see not only Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch joining the team but also Marvels premiere black superhero, which is pretty awesome.
    I think that's unlikely. It's too much backstory for one movie that has a bunch of other stuff going on. Cap will more likely just go on fighting without the shield and get himself a new one at a later date. They could make a whole Captain America movie based on what you were just talking about, I suppose, but it's too much for an Avengers flick.

Also, I'd say Storm is Marvel's premier black superhero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    I agree that this would be a typical superhero movie cliche. If you read carefully, I stated that "she is also getting annoying", because a) of her entire role in Ironman 3, especially at the end when she killed Killian and b) they used her as an excuse/ turning point for Tony to destroy all the suits and to retire (apparently he did not destroy all of them anyway). Don't get me wrong, I liked Pepper in Ironman 1, 2 and Avengers because the two plus Happy had great chemistry. But in order to appeal to a bigger audience (or in other words to appeal to the female audience), they gave her a bigger role in Ironman 3 and put Rhodey on the sideline. And because they were not sure if Robert Downey would indeed retire (my guess, not a fact ).

I did not really enjoy Thor 2 and Ironman 3 and one of my issues was the portrayal of Jane and Pepper. In comparison, Jane was extremely dull and just served to get the plot going. Pepper's development just feels forced to show that a man can change for a woman and that woman can kick ass too. I want to see women who can fight on their own but Pepper was more a capable business woman who rebuked Tony if necessary. "Behind every great man is a great woman" Just leave it in her case at that.
    I love Pepper, but a huge portion of that is Gwyneth Paltrow. I'd be sad to see her get killed off.

I do kind of wonder if they'll have Stark and Romanov ever get together in the Cinematic universe, since that was totally a thing in the Ultimates.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2014-10-24 at 12:43 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think that's unlikely. It's too much backstory for one movie that has a bunch of other stuff going on. Cap will more likely just go on fighting without the shield and get himself a new one at a later date. They could make a whole Captain America movie based on what you were just talking about, I suppose, but it's too much for an Avengers flick.

Also, I'd say Storm is Marvel's premier black superhero.
    Well, when I say premiere I mean the first one published.

Also, Ultron is made, or at least upgraded to, Vibranium in the comics. The molten metal scene in the trailer could also be a reference to Wakanda making an appearance, maybe not to repair the shield but as part of Ultrons evolution.
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2014-10-24 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    If the deal does go through, I'll be interested in seeing how the events of each franchise effects the overall timeline (I'm assuming Andrew Garfield will be playing Spiderman)
    I doubt Marvel will do anything but let the shitty fox moives die. I see no reason to include past movies into the MCU.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Ultron sounded pretty creepy.

Kind of reminded me of Unicron from the 80s cartoon transformers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    The reveal in the trailer that Andy Serkis is in the movie, and fact it very much looks like hes going to be playing Ulysses Klaw, is really interesting.

There is a fictitious nation in central Africa named Wakanda in the Marvel Universe. Its the only place on the planet when the rare metal Vibranium can be found. In his first appearance in the comics Klaw steals some of this metal to use in an experiment, eventually ending up becoming a super-villain.

Vibranium is also the metal used by Tony Stark's father to create Captain America's shield.

In the trailer we see the shot of Cap's shattered shield, so I think its a fair leap of logic to think that maybe Wakanda will make an appearance, perhaps with the team visiting to somehow repair the shield. Now, whats really interesting is Wakandan national head of state is none other than T'Challa, otherwise known as the Avenger The Black Panther!

We could quite possibly see not only Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch joining the team but also Marvels premiere black superhero, which is pretty awesome.
    Civil War is the first time we'll be seeing Black Panther in full costume, but since the actor is already cast I see no reason why he couldn't show up as the Prince of Wakanda.

My guess is that Ultron and his minons will be made out of Vibranium in the MCU, which will be provided by Ulysses Klaw. The Avengers arrive in Wakanda too late to stop Ultron from utilizing it, and will then be helped out of the ensuing battle by some of Wakanda's military (who have Vibranium weapons and therefore can damage Ultron's minons much more effectively then the Avengers can) that are lead by Prince T'Challa. They then get Captain America's shield fixed and some Vibranium weapons to battle Ultron as they pursue him to New York.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I doubt Marvel will do anything but let the shitty fox moives die. I see no reason to include past movies into the MCU.
    I'm only talking about the "Amazing Spiderman" series which is owned by Sony. I think Disney/Marvel have given up the fight with Fox for Xmen / Fantastic 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    all hail, the elusive SDCC Avengers Party Mjolnir Scene!

The look on Thor's face when Cappy tries to lift the hammer is fucking priceless. As is Black Widow's answer when they ask her to try!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That was pretty good. Thor's like "Oh shit" when Cap is able to kinda move it, but then laughs when he couldn't quite lift it.

Deleted
    Hope that's not the only funny scene in the entire movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Hope that's not the only funny scene in the entire movie
    It's Joss Whedon, that'll probably be the most serious scene in the movie
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully we get to see Cap actually lift the entire thing

My 2c is Cap's shield breaks and he ends up lifting Mjollnir to fight Ultron.