Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I didn't know Garrison had any say in PvP, I guess I'll have to develop my Garrison after all!

Monitoring thread!

Question: I main a Hunter. I'm guessing a Mage Tower is mandatory for Ashran as MM? But not at all for my melee alts...?

Any Hunter PvP Specific Garrison Advice? Such as buildings or what order to build what and how? Man I have a lot to catch up on by next week..
    Last edited by NutellaCrepe; 2014-11-04 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Are garrisons going to be the same daily grinding sh**it the gardens were in MOP?

gladiator's sanctum is going to turn Ashran into the biggest slog the game has ever seen.

i guess all the hunter clickers are going to love it though, just go through their pve rotations from 60 yds away for thirty minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    At least Rune of Power from Mage Tower is working in Ashran, as well as Underwater Breathing from Gladiator's Sanctum.

that +100% crit buff =destro lock chaos bolt will be fun. (it scales with crit = bonus damage)

10+ Year Old Account
    Big lol @ blizzard.
    Removes profession perks deeming them mandatory... implements an absurd amount of grindy, overpowered and mandatory perks in the form of garrisons.
    I think i just made a new variant of the scumbag steve meme, lets call it "The double standard dev".

I too would oppose these things being usable in Ashran. I don't want to feel like I have to lock myself out of other garrison setups just to keep up with others in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    Big lol @ blizzard.
    Removes profession perks deeming them mandatory... implements an absurd amount of grindy, overpowered and mandatory perks in the form of garrisons.
    I think i just made a new variant of the scumbag steve meme, lets call it "The double standard dev".
    Except these things provide no benefits in instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for starting this thread Blithe, a lot of my guildmates and I have been scratching our heads over Garrisons and World PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I too would oppose these things being usable in Ashran. I don't want to feel like I have to lock myself out of other garrison setups just to keep up with others in world PvP.
    Yeah I'm concerned about that too, but the bigger worry is that Ashran is going to turn into a gimmick-fest like Timeless Isle. So many super-specific items to amp up damage or survivability, certain class/specs will find ways to abuse items and buffs which will completely shatter balance. That runic circle looks like the first problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Oh thank god. No more hanging out in overcrowded Orgrimmar ever again.
    That's actually a big problem with Garrisons though from my perspective- with everyone farming and hiding out in their little phased enclaves the world is going to feel really dead after a few months. Even the faction hubs of Stormshield and Warspear (which look really cool) will be pretty empty if people don't need to use the auction house/bank.

So what would be the optimal Garrison for PvP in WoD? In the link I see many empty plots?

ya i like the conversation to keep going. First question I have...YES OR NO, its certain that this all will work in ASHRAN?
    if you gonna slam the garrisons do it quickly cause i just want peoples opinion on what to build! lol
    Last edited by Quakecanada; 2014-11-15 at 03:21 PM.

Glad + Stables. Won't work in Ashran, it's an instance. Notice the queue you *have* to accept when you walk in.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    Glad + Stables. Won't work in Ashran, it's an instance. Notice the queue you *have* to accept when you walk in.
    I wonder about the mount speed though. Only have R1 stables at the moment but the remain mounted while interacting thing definitely works in Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
    I wonder about the mount speed though. Only have R1 stables at the moment but the remain mounted while interacting thing definitely works in Ashran.
    So...

Can we have a consensus on this one i.e. do they or don't they?

With no offence intended, but the screenshot and this post seem to suggest, with near certainty, that the perks being offered via the Gladiator Sanctum and Stables, do in fact work in Ashran.

Deleted
    As Feral this is what i plan to build

Large: Barracks and Gnome Workshop - Bodyguard and healer for WPvP quests/Sick inventions for ashran

Medium: Glad Sanctum and Trading Post(Maybe Lumbar Mill) - Early access to starter pvp gear and extra honor(no brainer), cool titles/Money making for prof matts since no gathering profession

Small:Eng/Alch and Salvage Yard- Two best pvp proffs for feral imo, everything thats great about them works in ashran

I think people are overvaluing the stables. We already have +10% from guild perk (or the full +20% for certain classes), and mount speed bonuses do not stack with each other unless the stables are specifically an exception, and I've seen nothing to suggest that they are. And though the ability to gather while mounted and the tamable mounts are both nice, they don't really help in any PvP situation.

I've been rethinking stables and I'm not very interested in it at all anymore. The speed upgrade, even if it stacks, has very little to do with PvP. All I want is my Nagrand talbuk to chase and run cowardly feral druids into the ground.

Gladiator arena is a must obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    Garrison perks work in ashran for me.

Do stables stack with DK mount speed for instance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Oh thank god. No more hanging out in overcrowded Orgrimmar ever again.
    Thing is, you could just take the portal from your Garrison to Ashran and use their AH. Takes literally 40 seconds.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama