Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

7-Days Free! WoD Marketing move. - FOR EVERYONE!

Good Afternoon!

Hello everyone, just a bit ago I received the following information from Blizzard about their 7-Day Free WoD Marketing. Feel free to post your own comments and information on what you think of this marketing move for Warlords of Draenor and how you think it will impact the entirety of the new Expansion.

With the email was an HTML version of it, below is a mockup of the original version of the email). Hope you enjoy your free 7 days of Game time!

- Yes they are giving everyone 7 days free, I've clicked the link and claimed my 7 days ontop of the subscription I have and it's bumped me up to 35 days left on my thing. I believe this will be a big boost people wanting to check things out again and try them before the expansion drops itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Are you in EU? If so, their promotion hasn't rolled out yet I believe. Keep waiting and hopefully fruit will come to fruition.

Here's the following Image/Text:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Email
    To ensure you receive emails from Blizzard, add Newsletter@email.blizzard.com to your address book.
    Âñëxsïa,

The Iron Horde invasion has begun! Rush to the defence of Azeroth today with 7 days of FREE* game time, and prepare for the arrival of Warlords of Draenor™ on November 13, 2014. Act fast, this offer expires on Nov 5th!
    Patch 6.0.2: The Iron Tide sets the stage for the events of the next World of Warcraft® expansion, Warlords of Draenor, with all-new content and features, including:
    Journey to the Blasted Lands to face down the Iron Horde onslaught, and venture into therevamped five-player version of the Upper Blackrock Spiredungeon.
    Several of the game’s original races are new and improved, with increased resolution as well as updated animations and facial expressions.
    A myriad of character and class-specific updates are now live, making this a great time to re-familiarize yourself with your characters ahead of Warlords’ November 13 launch.
    Questing is easier than ever with a re-worked Group Finder, updated Quest Log, new Undelete system and Inventory changes, including a Toy Box for the fun items you acquire through your adventures.
    For a limited time, you can save 25%** on Character Transfers and Faction Changes—making this the perfect time to take your position on the front lines.
    Pre-purchase your copy of Warlords of Dreanor today and get an immediate level 90 Character Boost!
    Stay connected:
    Terms and Conditions:
    **The 25% off character services offer is available until October 29, 2014.
    Free game time offer is available until November 5, 2014.

This email was sent to [Blanked Email] because you've opted in to receive promotional offers from Blizzard Entertainment.

If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from Blizzard Entertainment please reply to this email using the subject line "Unsubscribe" or click here.

To read our privacy policy visit:
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/privacy.html

© 2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries.

Blizzard Entertainment
    P.O. Box 18979
    Irvine, CA 92623

Technical Support:
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/

Visit Blizzard on the world wide web at:
    us.blizzard.com/en/
    Imgur Image:
    http://i.imgur.com/cr15r7l.jpg
    Last edited by Axcel; 2014-10-24 at 06:27 AM.

Wow can you believe the nerve of Blizzard to market a new product!? Absolutely disgusting.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-10-24 at 07:58 AM.

I get 7 days free every now and then anyway, it's not like it's new. Been getting these emails for at least the past 5 years when I'm not subbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good Afternoon!

Hello everyone, just a bit ago I received the following information from Blizzard about their 7-Day Free WoD Marketing. Feel free to post your own comments and information on what you think of this marketing move for Warlords of Draenor and how you think it will impact the entirety of the new Expansion.
    My comment -

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-10-24 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    I get 7 days free every now and then anyway, it's not like it's new. Been getting these emails for at least the past 5 years when I'm not subbed.
    Well the general concept of it is that they are giving everyone 7 days of free game time. (I'm already subbed and received the news letter)

I didn't expect to get this at all, as my time ran out like two days ago, but I totally did lol. Thanks for making me check my WoW account e-mail!

Update:

- Yes they are giving everyone 7 days free, I've clicked the link and claimed my 7 days ontop of the subscription I have and it's bumped me up to 35 days left on my thing. I believe this will be a big boost people wanting to check things out again and try them before the expansion drops itself.

I didn't expect to get this at all, as my time ran out like two days ago, but I totally did lol. Thanks for making me check my WoW account e-mail!
    You are welcome, hopefully a lot of people decide to check out the new and interesting material for Warlords of Draenor.

Just got one with 17 days left on my account. I buy month to month game time from the store, and sure enough after clicking the link in the email my days left went from 17 to 24. Was surprised it worked with time left on my account.

Well the general concept of it is that they are giving everyone 7 days of free game time. (I'm already subbed and received the news letter)
    Yes, but so what?

It's like making a topic saying "hey guys I was watching a tv programme and there were ad's in the middle".

Quote Originally Posted by Artra View Post
    Just got one with 17 days left on my account. I buy month to month game time from the store, and sure enough after clicking the link in the email my days left went from 17 to 24. Was surprised it worked with time left on my account.
    I am sure this is an intended marketing move too! Give everyone in World of Warcraft 7 days free and keep the sub numbers a bit longer! I believe they've done this to ensure everyone is pushed into Warlords of Draenor or at least close enough to have a nice release.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yes, but so what?

It's like making a topic saying "hey guys I was watching a tv programme and there were ad's in the middle".
    Make sure you read the entire post, the 7 days of free time is aimed at EVERYONE, this means those with current subscriptions can grab 7 days of free time. Which is worthwhile.

And here I am with 4 days left of WoW time and I didn't get no email ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! This is actually really useful.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    And here I am with 4 days left of WoW time and I didn't get no email ;_;
    Ouch, maybe wait a bit and then check back later? If you don't get it by tomorrow night I'd contact Blizzard (You might be opted out from receiving news letters)

Or you can try the above link! ;p

OH THATS AWESOME. I actually got to claim it lmao. went from 4 days to 11d. yayyy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    OH THATS AWESOME. I actually got to claim it lmao. went from 4 days to 11d. yayyy.
    Extremely happy for you! Now get in the game and starting kicking Garrosh's arse.

Ty for the free cents!

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Ty for the free cents!
    Actually it's $3.50 for 7 days (15/30=0.5, 0.5*7=3.50)

Actually it's $3.50 for 7 days (15/30=0.5, 0.5*7=3.50)
    Ok, A lot of cents.

oh nice. thanks for the link