Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Indeed, but without the slot you can't get anything at all, is the issue. You can't even roll up with level 60-62 quest reward items.

It's a bloody gear slot, an I/d be willing to put money on the fact that raiding, even T1, is built around having it. Missing two item slots in any previous tier of chocolate/SL would have been a massive disadvantage, so much so that many guilds would likely pass up on you entirely. I can view this being the same very, very easily, especially given how strict the social conventions in-game have been with regards to hit requirements for raids.
    That's not too much different then the leveling gear you can buy on the cash shop that pretty much blows everything else out of the water stat wise. The only real difference is these are quest rewards. I look at that as a gentle nudge to let you know it's there. It could just be another quest with only XP reward. I can sorta see how it would rub some the wrong way though. I am sure some guilds will require it, but there will be others that are more casual that do not. Same way there were guilds that required Torvan/Lycini Essences and other absurd things but my guild only started requiring that when progressing in T2. T1 we didn't care. There is usually enough margin for error in T1 that even without perfect stats as long as you perfectly execute strats you can get through. I dunno though, I have not played for more than a couple hours since NT release.

For some reason this makes me think back to SL launch and how fast I leveled there and jumped into raiding within a couple weeks of launch. Crazy how much I have changed just since SL release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Is there any way to fix it? I set my folder to the actual RIFT file and it still says the same thing. Tried opening RIFT instead of Glyph and nothing changes.
    When in the launcher library, on the right side, right click Rift and choose repair. This worked for me. Was ready to play in about 5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    When in the launcher library, on the right side, right click Rift and choose repair. This worked for me. Was ready to play in about 5 minutes.
    Thank you and sorry for the derail.
    Black Lives Matter

Deleted
    Is new expansion worth it of going back or still same grind as before?

Quote Originally Posted by sitaprutske View Post
    It's worth it. However, Rift is a 2nd era MMO. So it also comes with all that entails.

Deleted
    gonna give it some tought since currently playing WoW and expansion is near

Quote Originally Posted by sitaprutske View Post
    It's free. It's tough for anything to not be "worth it" when it, literally, costs you nothing.

Deleted
    Well.. I don`t play it anymore... gl hf :P

Hahahaha, oh fucking wow...I can't even...

You prety much can't even get into experts without earring slots from what I can tell. I'm in almost full level 65 gear (between drops, quests and BoE's picked up off the AH, rings are only a few levels lower) with the 800 hit necessary, but I'm a good 700 int away from being at the minimum. Upgrading the remainder of my planar focus will give me another 3-400 or so int tops (and will be time consuming/expensive, which is kinda alright), but even then it's not looking like I'll be able to come close to the 3500 int necessary without those two slots.

Trion has officially shat the bed to the max with this expansion for me. Unless they make some big changes, I'm probably done subbing to and supporting the game. I was all about it and its F2P model from launch through the end of SL, but I do not like these changes they've made at_all. Between the planwalker water gear dropping everywhere (and being a part of each token set) and now the earrings not just being something to slow you down, but to flat out prevent you from even getting into experts, this is bullshit.

Yea, I guess you need to buy the packs or whatever. Which kinda blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I guess you need to buy the packs or whatever. Which kinda blows.
    Yeah. If they weren't trying to portray themselves as a "no tricks, no traps" totally F2P game, I wouldn't be as upset (like SWTOR, for example). But this is pissing me off. Now I'm at least 8+ weeks out from doing experts as there's now way I can find the time to cap on Void Stones every week, hell, I'm barely sitting on 15k now.

Yay for Trion shitting the bed with this one, I guess I'll find another game to be my "go-to" MMO and put Rift on the back burner. Maybe this is a good time to check out FFXIV again.

I bought one of the packs so I don't/can't know or comment on the state of the game sans gear slots. I would not say this is a "trick" or "trap" though.- It is still totally F2P content and you can get everything with enough work. I understand that it might be a lot of work or more than some would consider reasonable. But it's not like the game is actually unplayable or closed off without paying explicitly.

Welp, went from level 1-95 in a NM1 rift and got under 1k stones. I guess it's going to take me around 6 months of "casual" (i.e. have job but spend most non-job time playing) play to do experts at this rate.

Top form, Trion. Top. Fucking. Form.

Yes, I'm bitter right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, went from level 1-95 in a NM1 rift and got under 1k stones. I guess it's going to take me around 6 months of "casual" (i.e. have job but spend most non-job time playing) play to do experts at this rate.

Top form, Trion. Top. Fucking. Form.

Yes, I'm bitter right now.
    I am assuming that's with patron buffs?

Yeah, bitter sounds about right. It's funny how people are dusting off Trion's double dipping on an expansion like this by saying you can bang all of that out in 3 weeks.

Unless you're part of a core in a raid guild, I'd say take a break from the game and give Trion a couple updates to pull their collective heads out of their butts. They will at some point have to turn the gear spigot back on. Happens in every expansion cycle. Maybe then, they'll adjust the VS acquisition rate.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

What do you guys think would be an acceptable amount of time for casual play to go from level cap -> experts -> raids in NT? For each stage in that sequence.

I myself am not even at cap yet. Playing ultra casual. I am just curious what the expectations for time frame are for some players.

Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    I am assuming that's with patron buffs?
    Yes, Patron buffs. My yearlong sub ends in March.

Yeah, bitter sounds about right. It's funny how people are dusting off Trion's double dipping on an expansion like this by saying you can bang all of that out in 3 weeks.
    You can bang out a single unlock in 3 weeks...if you maximize your time the the fullest in order to get as many Void Stones as possible and spend a ridiculous amount of time farming.

Unless you're part of a core in a raid guild, I'd say take a break from the game and give Trion a couple updates to pull their collective heads out of their butts. They will at some point have to turn the gear spigot back on. Happens in every expansion cycle. Maybe then, they'll adjust the VS acquisition rate.
    I've not doubt it will get easier over time, it's just damn disappointing for me to see that with my normal method of play (which is a considerable amount of time) that I'll be totally locked out from any actual gear progression for many, many months unless I drop money on the bundle.

What do you guys think would be an acceptable amount of time for casual play to go from level cap -> experts -> raids in NT? For each stage in that sequence.
    From cap -> Experts? I'd say a few weeks of normal/above casual play. In SL I could get a character from level cap wearing greens into experts (just barely) without buying gear in about a week or so, which I thought was totally cool.

For experts -> raids? I'd say at least a few weeks minimum for normal players. I think 2-4 weeks is a pretty reasonable amount of time for folks to gear up through drops and token purchases. It requires an investment, but isn't instant.

The biggest thing for me through both progression jumps is the feeling of actually progressing. The feeling that there is some meaningful gain after doing something for a few hours. For me, that simply doesn't exist. Doing an hour of NMR and coming out feeling like I'd not even made 1% progress towards a single earring unlock is extremely demoralizing. Knowing that it's essentially, "Grind NMR, hope for zone events, or grind out dailies (FUCKING UGH, DAILIES NEED TO DIE) in order to make extremely minimal progress towards the end goal of simply being able to do experts (which is a pretty fucking low goal)" is not very encouraging. I'm not expecting something as simple as WoW where you can pretty much jump into heroics and smash them on day one, making it into LFR within a day or two by any means. I'm totally comfortable with needing to invest some time into grinding/farming in order to progress my character. It's just that for me personally, there needs to be a feeling that the time I'm spending is valuable and is providing a reasonable return. It's always felt like that in Rift before (except for the horrid Torvan rep grind through the snoozeworthy hunt rifts or just noteriety grinds in general), but this expansion that feeling is absolutely missing as a non-bundle purchaser, even as a subscriber with the 40% bonuses to everything.

I myself am not even at cap yet. Playing ultra casual. I am just curious what the expectations for time frame are for some players.
    If you're at cap with the earring slots and planewalker water unlocked, it shouldn't take more than a week of casual play to get into experts. You may need to buy some hit gear off the AH, but it's extremely cheap (I picked up pretty much a full set of gear with +hit on it for around 500 plat or so, and picking up other pieces for bonuses to your primary stat is pretty cheap too). If I were to buy the $25 expansion bundle right now, I'd be in experts by the end of the day or late tomorrow after a few hours of play after work. But without it, it's looking like many, many months before that becomes a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wtf now you have to play to equip earrings? i'm done with this bullcrap, good riddance rift, you were a competent wow style f2p alternative.

i know you can farm them but the ammount of time it takes you to get one is fucking atrocious, plus it will gate you from getting into a more competitive pve enviroment.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2014-11-03 at 01:57 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Wait wtf now you have to play to equip earrings?
    This is outrageous !! having to actually play a game to earn something? next you'll be telling us you have to actually enter Dungeons and Raids to get good gear !!

The amount of misinformation and "cry wolf" in this thread is just lulz, first off, you don't need earring slots unlocked to enter Experts, the 10-man Sliver has been cleared, bosses are been killed by Guilds and raiders with no earring slots unlocked, they're only stat sticks, they don't even have +hit on them.

Unless you plan to stop playing tomorrow, the whole point, as i've said before, is you log on, play whatever time you have, chip away at your Rep/Void Stones farming/whatever, this "i want it all and i want it now!" song and dance gets old fast. The Expansion is barely 2 weeks old and yet people want everything it has to offer yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    This is outrageous !! having to actually play a game to earn something? next you'll be telling us you have to actually enter Dungeons and Raids to get good gear !!

The amount of misinformation and "cry wolf" in this thread is just lulz, first off, you don't need earring slots unlocked to enter Experts, the 10-man Sliver has been cleared, bosses are been killed by Guilds and raiders with no earring slots unlocked, they're only stat sticks, they don't even have +hit on them.

Unless you plan to stop playing tomorrow, the whole point, as i've said before, is you log on, play whatever time you have, chip away at your Rep/Void Stones farming/whatever, this "i want it all and i want it now!" song and dance gets old fast. The Expansion is barely 2 weeks old and yet people want everything it has to offer yesterday.
    No, this is just fucking stupid, i'm okay with farming for getting items but when you lock an entire equipment slot on a paywall or a farmfest that is obviously a cashgrab it's insulting, you won't be even competitive in terms of pve unless you pay for it, it's stupid.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    That is not what he is saying and is a mis-representation to reduce the posts of others to a fallacy you created.

Some people feel it takes too long to get some gear slots filled. There is no complaint about having to play the game. Only the degree to which the game asks players to work toward those gearing goals. This is a valid complaint.

It is more than fair for one to think, "This is a lot of work."

Without needing to falsely portray that sentiment as "You don't want to work???"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    when you lock an entire equipment slot on a paywall or a farmfest that is obviously a cashgrab
    A cashgrab in a totally free to play game? can you enter Dungeons 24/7 if you like? yes...can you do as many Warfronts non stop as you like? yes...can you enter any Raid whenever you like? yes...can you explore every zone, every corner with nothing blocking you? yes..can you do every quest, every event as often as you like? yes...

So to complain about "paywalls" and other nonsense when you can level 1 to 65 and be raiding and experience everything the game has to offer without having to spend a single penny, not even having to pay for the Expansion itself, it's all given to you, not many "free to play" games will give you an Expansion for free, let alone the entire content and allow you to play it for nothing. A whine about earring slots been "access denied" to you kind of seems what it is, a whine.