Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Equipping just a single piece of cloth gear will remove this bonus, and that is a massive hit to your intellect, and thus spell power and critical strike chance.
    Int no longer gives crit. Noticed someone else pointed this out too, but a tad more indirectly. Love the guide otherwise, good luck with all the suggested revisions! I hope the mob goes easy on you!

Thanks for putting the time and effort to produce a Moonkin guide

My suggestions are:
    1) Formatting. Use Bold, Underline and pretty Colours to make stuff stand out, especially the contents list and the headings.

2) Lots of tooltip links. Use www.wowdb.com , not wowhead, as it allows for hover-tips. Also it makes items stand out of the text and easier to read. Added benefit is that any change that that happens in any patch will have the tooltip update automatically and act as a guide even if your text is temporarily outdated or wrong.

3) Many walls o' text. Trim it down to only Moonkin relevant information and mostly things that affect dps or pvp. Don't plagiarize blue posts, especially vague ones like Balance Rebalanced. Keep only the relevant information like the appropriate bulletpoints and paraphrase the rest in a summarised fashion.

4) Try not to put opinions or words that suggest opinion, unless it's necessary e.g scenarios where theorycrafting != live game as seen in SotF vs. Inc.

Change
    +40 Mastery +60 Mastery +100 Mastery +200 Mastery +1.83%
    to
    +40 Mastery +60 Mastery +100 Mastery = 200 Mastery or 1.83% Eclipse bonus increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stickied! If you need a hand with formatting let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    I got the same results this morning, however it feels weird that the transition point for solar-->lunar is so high. Maybe it's just me but this is why I keep feeling like my math is wrong because it seems like a rather absurd number.
    Its "high" because Starfire cast time is so long. Starting cast at -40 Lunar will make the starfire hit at near 0 energy. Starting a Wrath cast at -40 Lunar energy will make the Wrath hit at around -15 Lunar energy. At this point the SP/Second (or DPET) of the two is nearly identical.

I think you're confused because that number is so far away from 0 point, but you have to understand that 0 point is only used for moonfire/sunfire transition.
    Wrath and Starfire dont have equal SP/Second to begin with, so even if their cast times were equal the transition point wouldnt be at 0 point.

Also one could argue that if you cast Wrath at that point, you'll get faster to casting high damage Starfire. With a thinking like that you'd have to consider the next 10 minutes of the fight to get the "right" answer (because the decision you do affect the rest aswell) making it far too complex to play around with.

Also people have to be careful when they're checking the SP/Second values with empowers. Its not always correct to use those empowers right away, specially when playing with Euphoria.

edit: also added a note that says Starsurge cast time is only the gcd, the cast itself is instant (SP/Second values are handled with GCD, the eclipse bonus via cast being instant)
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-10-29 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    Where did you get the 1.4 from though? I was coming out with 1.77 because 22/(100/8.03) = 1.7666 and 3.21 = 40/(100/8.03)
    I just plugged values into the "time since combat start" to get the difference in time. You can't use average energy/time since the sine wave energy/time moves at a different rate depending on where in cycle you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm sorry I haven't been able to make the edits yet. Real life has been crazy lately and I just haven't had the time. I hope to sit down over the weekend provided nothing crazy comes up! Again thanks so much and I will definitely make the effort have the guide at 100% by launch day which is quickly approaching. See you on the other side of The Dark Portal!
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

anyone know if the 665 darkmoon crit card is better than the heroic dungeon trinkets?

Hi guys, didnt want to make a new thread about it.
    When you cast a spell, for instance Starfire, and you get hit by a mob so your Enh. Moonkin Form proccs WHILE you're still casting.
    The Procc gets eaten up by finishing the cast.
    Shouldnt it be like you finish the cast, and can throw an instant cast directly afterwards?

I hope it gets clear what i mean, i'm no native english speaker :-)

tl:dr
    Enhanced Moonkin instant cast procc gets consumed if you are already casting a spell while the procc occures.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Hi guys, didnt want to make a new thread about it.
    When you cast a spell, for instance Starfire, and you get hit by a mob so your Enh. Moonkin Form proccs WHILE you're still casting.
    The Procc gets eaten up by finishing the cast.
    Shouldnt it be like you finish the cast, and can throw an instant cast directly afterwards?

I hope it gets clear what i mean, i'm no native english speaker :-)

tl:dr
    Enhanced Moonkin instant cast procc gets consumed if you are already casting a spell while the procc occures.
    It's a proc bug. Will get fixed eventually...I hope.

Deleted
    anyone with good tips for challenge modes as balance druid? im lacking in ae dmg while single is pretty okay.

currently running inc and stellar

When I cast mf/sf does the dot tick dmg change with my eclipse bar dynamicaly, or does it only check where my eclipse bar was when it was casted?

Also when I last played wow in cataclysm this used to be a up to date, well writen and complete guide. Now it doesnt seem to be any of those things... Can any one show me a good moonkin guide?
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Deleted
    Probably OT or maybe not buut.. Why the fuck were people saying starfall's buff was unnecessary(based on what i've seen so far, all the buffs were more than necessary)? it feels like our aoe is little better than average, I don't want to imagine before this buff how bad it could be.. Hurricane is total crap and they removed mushrooms which is pretty huge as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dots no longer snapshot
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Not sure if this is a bug or is it working as intended(if it is working as intended i have no idea why it works like that...).
    I was configuring my addons at the target dummies when I noticed that a second cast of moonfire doesnt reset its duration to 40 sec but extends it to 51-52 sec and sunfire extends itself to 31 sec. This only hapens when the duration is less than 40 and 20 for MF and SF.

Is this some mechanic Im not aware of since I didnt play at all in pandaria or a bug?
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

DoT's refreshes can get new DoT duration +30% (if at least 30% is left on the old DoT). Everybody's DoTs/HoTs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or is it working as intended(if it is working as intended i have no idea why it works like that...).
    I was configuring my addons at the target dummies when I noticed that a second cast of moonfire doesnt reset its duration to 40 sec but extends it to 51-52 sec and sunfire extends itself to 31 sec. This only hapens when the duration is less than 40 and 20 for MF and SF.

Is this some mechanic Im not aware of since I didnt play at all in pandaria or a bug?

Warlock Pandemic is baked into overall DoT mechanics since WoD. Praise the Lord.

The fact that it took them an entire expansion is something else...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dendrophobia View Post
    anyone with good tips for challenge modes as balance druid? im lacking in ae dmg while single is pretty okay.

currently running inc and stellar
    go with inc and euphoria.
    stellar flare is atm to low and also you need the fast cyclus for sf to get dots up for starfall

For doing Heroics and progressing into Raiding what are the best talents atm?
    I will be raiding ASAP and am having difficulty choosing witch talents to choose.
    I feel like my Dps is low i've tried BoP + Incarn and i feel week same with Incarn + Euphoria and Euphoria + Sotf.

I'm very new to Balance so ty for any advice.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...opiro/advanced <My armory
    Last edited by Minnazuki; 2014-11-19 at 10:03 PM.

Im a little bit lost, how powerfull is the DMF trinekt for us? It will be BiS for a long time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritkin View Post
    I will definitely make the effort have the guide at 100% by launch day which is quickly approaching. See you on the other side of The Dark Portal!
    Are you still on this one, or not? A completed moonkin guide here would be highly appreciated by many. if you cannot do it anymore or you need help, just say something .