Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You are linking simcraft results of toons with BIS gear that nobody in the beta testing even got their hands on. Jay most likely means lv90 post patch SOO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    I stopped reading here. Shaman were not even out in vanilla, and I can't believe no one else pointed this out. It's hard to take any comment seriously when you are obviously exaggerating, and such statements make you sound like you are lying about the time you have played the class at all.
    I have payed shaman since i started playing wow . which was way before TBC came out, the first xpac.. which in my eyes is vanilla ? am i wrong ?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    I have payed shaman since i started playing wow . which was way before TBC came out, the first xpac.. which in my eyes is vanilla ? am i wrong ?
    Damerflinn just doesn't have his information correct. Horde had shaman in vanilla and alliance had pally.

I PvP as enhance on my shaman. After the pre-WoD patch, I could feel the spec performing slower and weaker. I'm full prideful and it seems like I'm hitting with wet noodles to the point that I just can't kill anything anymore. My ilvl 522 grievous rogue hits harder than my ilvl 550 enhance.

Main things I dislike:

- The new wind blast feels incredibly weak compared to stormblast
    - Elemental blast / mastery nerf
    - The instant damage removal of unleash elements
    - The focus on aoe damage but bad single target which is useless in arena
    - Can't use hex with swiftness anymore

I would go ele for pvp, but there's no mobility and ele is just a free kill for any decent melee. I hope it gets better at 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McCloude View Post
    Damerflinn just doesn't have his information correct. Horde had shaman in vanilla and alliance had pally.
    indeed, i never said i was alliance, hehe horde all the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considerig what you said about playing an enchancement shaman since Vanilla I would recommend you stick it out till level 100. After playing at max level on live for a little while you should have a better idea of the 'direction,' that the class is going and whether you want to continue with it. Don't forget that what's going on in BETA means absolultely nothing.

Deleted
    I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I would like to see lightning bolt gone entirely from enhancement, it doesn't feel like a satisfying "finisher", after all, it's simply elemental's filler spell, not to mention lightning bolt doesn't even look very impressive in the first place, I could deal with it quite happily before, but now we can't cast it now moving, it feels like a step backwards, you don't get much more anti melee than rooting yourself to the ground to cast, if even for a while.

I'd prefer to see a new ability replace lightning bolt to consume out maelstrom procs, what that could be I don't know, I'm sure some people here could come up with some ideas. Don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker for me, I'll still play enhancement, but I yearn to see the day when lightning bolt is either altered or exchanged for something else, something cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I would like to see lightning bolt gone entirely from enhancement, it doesn't feel like a satisfying "finisher", after all, it's simply elemental's filler spell, not to mention lightning bolt doesn't even look very impressive in the first place, I could deal with it quite happily before, but now we can't cast it now moving, it feels like a step backwards, you don't get much more anti melee than rooting yourself to the ground to cast, if even for a while.

I'd prefer to see a new ability replace lightning bolt to consume out maelstrom procs, what that could be I don't know, I'm sure some people here could come up with some ideas. Don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker for me, I'll still play enhancement, but I yearn to see the day when lightning bolt is either altered or exchanged for something else, something cooler.
    I'm actually with you on that as well. Maelstrom procs should be spent on a melee attack such as a buffed up Stormstrike or even a new ability tied to a lightning based melee attack.

I could get onboard with that...like animation-wise something that builds from the feet and out of the shaman's two hands.

I say give them back static shock and let it "discharge" on UE (cause it really irks me UE doing no damage) and make the finisher something Earth bound.

Would give Enhance all 4 at that point and make them a true "Elemental Imbued Warriors"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    Hi all

i have played a shaman since vanilla, it was my first charachter, and wanted it to be my first level 100. but i cant help but feel enhancement is in a weird place right now. i feel as though im hitting like a wet noodle, ascendance is just turning us into ranged mode now as "wind" attacks appear to do harldy any damage.mastery really only buffs 3 spells now as im not sure if a totem is classed as a spell anymore. ( forgive me if i am wrong. had a very long break from mop.), and that LB, FS an FN. oh possibly storm strike but i again am unsure. how ever ... i dunno everything seems to do pathetic damage, is it me ? my warrior, monk, hunter, DK, warlock all seem to do more damage and they arent as geared as my shaman... i dunno. just thought id come vent on here, also i have been told by several shaman (and witnessed on YT) that it doesnt really get better at 100. this has me really worried for my lil shaman

what do you guys think.. is it all in my head, am i losing the plot. ?

all in all, my shammy feels very strange to play atm. not a big fan which is a shame as ive stuck with him for about 10 years now. just hope theres light at the end of the tunnel..

wikidsik. out!
    If you played shaman during vanilla how could you quit now? I think the only cool thing shamans had in vanilla was the rare lucky/crit streak of Windfury.

It feels the same to me as it ever did (since we started dual wielding).

Just feels wierd not having to keep up weapon enchants, and I do miss the floaty balls behind my mount.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I really don't like how they're removing all our synergy, searing totem used to buff our LvL/FT, Earth shocked was buffed by SS debuff but now its just frost shock which interacts with nothing, Ascendance used to be buffed by mastery and now it's just arp, Static shock is gone, Unleash fury talent now just gives multistrike instead of Lightning shield procs (which benefited from SS debuff and mastery, Lightning shield is now basically pointless, I still haven't forgiven them for removing Elemental Devastation in MoP, one of my favorite passive talents that just emphasized how much of a spells and melee spec we were.

I just dropped my enhc for WoD, really hate the direction the spec is going in.
    This is a big issue I have as well. The spec seems to have no synergy, and what little synergy we had has been broken.... like SS buffing nature spells, but only LB benefits now since LS is useless and they removed ES.

They need to bring ES back, it did more damage and benefitted from the extra crit.... we should be using Frost shock as an alternative when we want to snare/root a target.... not forced to use it all the time. I would also personally prefer if Static Shock was brought back, even if it only did like 2% damage it will atleast make LS do something, and something is better then nothing... plus it would scale with mastery and haste.

Regarding Elem Devestation..... one thing I have noticed is that we have various ways for our melee abilities to buff our spells (like SS nature crit buff or MW5 via melee swings), but no real way for our spells to buff our melee. I would like to see some way for our spells to buff our melee attacks..... For example: When you consume MW at 5 stacks, you get a new stackable buff called "Maelstrom Strike", when this buff reaches 3 stacks your next LL will consume it and do 300% more damage. Something like that.... could be based off shocks also for more consistent stacking of buff, but I figure if tied to MW5 it will encourage us to use a full MW5 and make it feel more like a finisher. This completes the circle, where our melee swings buff our spells via MW5 and LB, and then our LB spell will go and buff our melee abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit
    I'm genuinely confused by statements like this. Earth Shock was 1-2% of our single target damage in MoP. Frost Shock is 5-7% of our damage now. Yes, Frost Shock doesn't benefit from the Stormstrike debuff, but why does that matter when its standing has objectively improved even after taking that fact into consideration?
    This is wrong actually. The reason Frost shock seems to do more damage is because we have less overall sources of damage. If we were using Earth shock instead of Frost shock, it would be doing more damage because ES is 90% of SP while FrS is 70%ish, and ES will crit more because of SS.

ES is simply better, and fits the theme of SS buffing nature spells. It has synergy that FrS does not.... it just doesn't make sense and it really bothers me that they are forcing this on us for no real reason.

Deleted
    Enha is fun and slick. Dps could be higer for sure. But its not as atrocious as elemental. Fuck earthquake!

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    This is wrong actually. The reason Frost shock seems to do more damage is because we have less overall sources of damage. If we were using Earth shock instead of Frost shock, it would be doing more damage because ES is 90% of SP while FrS is 70%ish, and ES will crit more because of SS.

ES is simply better, and fits the theme of SS buffing nature spells. It has synergy that FrS does not.... it just doesn't make sense and it really bothers me that they are forcing this on us for no real reason.
    Keen observation skills, Sherlock! But you'll notice that I didn't compare WoD frost shock to WoD earth shock - I compared WoD frost shock to MoP earth shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Keen observation skills, Sherlock! But you'll notice that I didn't compare WoD frost shock to WoD earth shock - I compared WoD frost shock to MoP earth shock.
    There is no WoD Earth Shock? Not for enhance at least. But his standing still stands true, the reason why Earth Shock was so low before was because we had so many damage sources, now while we have Frost Shock and no Earth Shock among many other damage sources thats why Frost Shock is higher % wise than Earth Shock before, if we had Earth Shock now, it would be better than Frost Shock now.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if youve counted the damage sources since the "prune", but it hasnt dropped that drastically I counted something like 21 or 22 this week not including the MH/OH Stormstrike (down from what, around 27ish?). Its more just shifted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Enhance feels 10x better today than it EVER has imo.

There are no longer 'gaps' in our rotation where we just sit and watch our white damage. I am always pushing a button now in 6.0 which is amazingly fun.
    That's true. But bear in mind it won't be that way at 100 until you get a TON of haste

Quote Originally Posted by Buddahpal View Post
    There is no WoD Earth Shock? Not for enhance at least. But his standing still stands true, the reason why Earth Shock was so low before was because we had so many damage sources, now while we have Frost Shock and no Earth Shock among many other damage sources thats why Frost Shock is higher % wise than Earth Shock before, if we had Earth Shock now, it would be better than Frost Shock now.
    No, that's only part of the reason why frost shock accounts for a larger proportion of our damage done. Another reason is haste scaling+glyph, and yet another reason is just the fact that it does hit slightly harder than MoP earth shock (though that last bit depends on your gear level).

MoP ES was 2142 + 58.1% SP damage, with +25% crit chance. For this to be equal to a 0 + 77% SP damage FrS, you'd need to have 61200 SP at 0% crit chance (pre-squish heroic t16 enhancement had ~64837.7 average SP). And FrS scales better with crit precisely because it doesn't benefit from that debuff - with 17% crit chance (5% (base) + 10% (agi spec) + 5% (raid buff) - 3% (crit suppression)), the amount required for WoD FrS to beat MoP ES falls to ~40084.9 SP.

WoD Frost Shock hits harder than MoP Earth Shock at reasonable gear levels. We can use it more often. It scales better with crit, haste, and spell power. There is no reason to complain about it (ignoring frozen power - that talent should probably be redesigned, yes). If our single target damage is undertuned, then they can certainly up our %SP and %wd coefficients. They don't need to give us static shock or add frost shock to the stormstrike debuff or anything crazy like that.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a direction?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    There is a direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."