Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    MSV -> Spirit Kings fucked me over with pindown, no matter how much I would run around it would hit me. ended up getting a friend to help out.
    You can use the DPS ring explosion to get out of that arrow.

For Spirit Kings its annoying, save all burst cooldowns for that arrow boss that does it and you kinda just need to predict when its coming and be ready to run out of it, can displacer beast, or feline swiftness and just kite or try dash. (Starfall/dps ring explosion can also work here if you aren't tank spec but i was assuming you were)

For Sha in Terrace just dont stand in the golden light at any point in the fight. You will get the breath of fear but thats nothing anyway. Easy tank and spank with that method.
    Lei Shi is a lot of RNG yes, you wanna get the "get away" phase as often as possible since thats a guranteed stack drop (just dont dps boss till stacks reset, the exact number is dont dps more than 4% of bosses health before stacks drop). For Hide phase you need a decent chunk of luck but can get a reset (this often makes the difference) and getting an add spawn is just pain in the ass.

Deleted
    Any tips for Amber shaper on normal? I don't quite have the dps to burst him down before he can summon the amber guy. I tried by pulling all the trash in the room and aoeing them down with ring/soul cap but it wasn't quite enough. Do i need to get bit more gear/get luckier or can the boss be done in some other way?

So the way Amber shaper works is you need to burn him down till he summons the amber guy AND then kill the amber add completely. This pushes the boss into the last phase and you need to finish him off. It's a very tough dps check. With the dps ring you can try and time it so you displacer beast over to the add and explode only on the add. Or time another soul cap to do the same.

That's the legit way, the other option is those amber globs that spawn, they keep spawning as long as you want. So you just sit there kiting globs as they continually spawn until you have like 50+ and then pad as much aoe dmg as you possibly can. Explode on boss. Pad on adds again, soul cap will proc again, explode on add. GG.

Deleted
    MSV 25HC Solo 5 First bosses as Balance Druid!

Today I tried to solo MSV25HC to Elegon on my Boomer. It took few tries to do this. My Balance Druid is 740ilvl with not even full ring. By default I used Displacer Beast, Incarnation, Natures Vigil and Euphoria.

#1 Boss - Dogs
    ; I took Balance of Power talent, popped everything on start, nuked alot. I played some time by kiting and healing my self till I got Natures Vigil back - easy kill. I use Class trinket here.

#2 Feng; Burst at start and took fire phase first. I save NV until I had to heal. Epicenter 2nd, it was easy. Arcane Phase third, had to spam heal my self few times. Shadow phase 4th, nothing difficult, kill add fast and throw some heals on your self if you dont have NV up.

#3 Gara; Use burst at start, save NV till 30sec of fight so you can line up 2nd NV with Lege ring and then focus your 2nd lege ring also 100% on dmg and not healing. There will be ALOT of dmg, so when waiting 2nd NV & Legering you gotta spam heal your self, still remember to do some dmg. Don't explode your ring to totems!

#4 Kings; Burst at start, you gotta kill 1st boss fast. 2nd Boss Pinning Arrow thingy is only thing you can die to. You can see when 2nd boss takes his bow, when you see it, just displacer and you can avoid the arrow. 3rd and 4th bosses are pretty simple, just throw some heals and do damage, avoid flanking orders etc.

#5 Elegon
    ; You can do this two ways.
    Way1 - You get add at p1, don't kill him (since on 25hc it req 3players to soak explosion or its insta wipe). Just kill boss, and single target the lil stars. When side phase starts, just kill pillars and those little sparks (be careful to not dot p1 add). Heal your self on this side phase, save NV to phase when you go back to kill the boss. Just kill boss with NV, dont use ring again since it will kill p1 add and another add that spawns later (=wipe).

Way2 - This is the way I managed to do it today. I bursted alot so p1 add didint spawn, then I just used eveery proc to starfall and killed as many waves of stars I could (about 8). Then onee went thru and boss just bugged on that phase, so I just killed him there. OFC I was ready to get off from platform if the pillars spawned etc.

I didin't get mount yet, but as wowhead says, it's 4% chance to get it in 25hc , its alot compared to about 1-2% (10hc).

I'm pretty sure the drop rate of mount doesn't actually go up on higher difficulties, I forget reading why it appeared higher on wowhead though, but I believe there was a reason.

Nice soloes for boomies, if only anyone could get h25 will done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the drop rate of mount doesn't actually go up on higher difficulties, I forget reading why it appeared higher on wowhead though, but I believe there was a reason.

Nice soloes for boomies, if only anyone could get h25 will done
    I just do this on HC mode for fun Dunno if drop chance is higher, but I hope so
    Last edited by mmoca5f6b06df9; 2016-03-11 at 09:37 AM.

For Spirit Kings its annoying, save all burst cooldowns for that arrow boss that does it and you kinda just need to predict when its coming and be ready to run out of it, can displacer beast, or feline swiftness and just kite or try dash. (Starfall/dps ring explosion can also work here if you aren't tank spec but i was assuming you were).
    Starfall doesn't drop stars while CC'd/silenced/etc.

Though as you said, Displacer and/or Dash makes it quite easy to avoid.

Ahhh yea it functions as a buff on you my mistake. Altho it's funny that immolation aura works for demon hunter as long as you pop it before you are stunned. Different functioning buffs I guess.

Deleted
    Any tips for Lei Shi? Or am I just getting really bad luck, she just seems to spawn protectors all the time so I can't drop stacks.

Edit: derp. I was multidotting protectors, forgot you only had to kill one.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2016-03-31 at 04:05 PM.

Lei Shi can be a pretty RNG fight.

Protector= Rip
    Hide= Hope for a reset but you probably won't without some good luck
    Get Away = Lucky, just dont dps boss and let buff fall off

Not much you can do just save cooldowns for when you get a string of bad luck I suppose, not sure what spec you are but class trinket for guardian is pretty strong.

Lei Shi can be a pretty RNG fight.

Protector= Rip
    Hide= Hope for a reset but you probably won't without some good luck
    Get Away = Lucky, just dont dps boss and let buff fall off

Not much you can do just save cooldowns for when you get a string of bad luck I suppose, not sure what spec you are but class trinket for guardian is pretty strong.
    might've been 10 man normal, so not much to say, but I found it easier just going resto, because if I ever got unlucky I could always outheal it.

Also for hide, going bearform and just spamming thrash is a decent way to find him.

Any boomkins tried soloing ToT 10man normal? The first few bosses anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Any boomkins tried soloing ToT 10man normal? The first few bosses anyways?
    I tried/cleared 10man normal ToT. Started as Balance, but swapped to Bear later- you'll take basically zero damage with class trinket + brambles. Balance burst just isn't really there anymore and survivability feels way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    I tried/cleared 10man normal ToT. Started as Balance, but swapped to Bear later- you'll take basically zero damage with class trinket + brambles. Balance burst just isn't really there anymore and survivability feels way worse.
    Shortly after my post I just switched to guardian and smashed it. Sigh oh well, better then not doing it at all.

Anyone try out soloing in beta? How will Druids be at 110?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I tried was Siege Heroic, and as bear I took fuck all damage. As you'd expect for a tank spec at +20 levels to the content.

Should give HFC a go, should be doable with gear for a bear at 110.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if it applies to this, but better than starting a new thread. i'm 94, and going to do the invasions for exp/solo killing stuff for more exp. which spec is the best for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tbh. Just have awareness and be prepared to run back when the last boss kills you

As for other "stuff", prob guardian. Depends on the "stuff" I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downed Kazzak solo last night. Was fairly pleased, as this is my first expac tanking on a bear.