Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    I was still getting pretty absurd healing during the halfus encounter, despite the 96% healing reduction... Considering I was wearing [Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal] at the time, it makes me think Leech healing ignores healing reductions.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about balance soloing, not guardian soloing. My bad. (Granted, you could still get the crystal if you switch loot spec to guardian on Juggernaut...)
    Right, as Guardian also you naturally take less damage (less healing needed) while Balance basically all of the mitigation comes from healing only. Also the higher dodge rate means the debuff stacks slower (though from what I know, it still will hit 96% in good time).

I mean, optimally if I wanted to solo BoT I'd go Guardian, but can't be bothered setting up bars + gear esp with level 100 (which will make all of the Cataclysm content easymode) in such a short time!

Deleted
    A bit late since level 100 will make the fight trivial, but you can easily solo Nalak as Balance, Feral, Guardian or Resto. Just pull him to the ToT guards (that are now lvl 100) and he goes down really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    A bit late since level 100 will make the fight trivial, but you can easily solo Nalak as Balance, Feral, Guardian or Resto. Just pull him to the ToT guards (that are now lvl 100) and he goes down really fast.
    ...Isn't that missing the point of soloing a boss?

No, because those guards aren't players. They're always going to be there, might as well use them. It just (at least back in 5.4) turns a 20 minute mash-fest into a 10 minute mash-fest.

Deleted
    Not really, no. In WoW terms anything done by a single player is considered solo, even if that includes using the environment. Hence why Proving Grounds is considered solo content even though you get help from NPC's.

Im sorry but after you said feline swiftness is better than wild charge I quit reading this "guide".

On rag for example, if you hit one of those mines you can just charge back to him taking 0 damage. If you had feline swiftness, you are going to die from falling dmg.

That mistake at the onset makes me question the entire validity of this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    On rag for example, if you hit one of those mines you can just charge back to him taking 0 damage. If you had feline swiftness, you are going to die from falling dmg.

Here we go, immediately next line:

Wild Charge: It doesn't save you time running like Feline Swiftness does, but it's nice to have on certain boss fights where you need to get to an enemy quickly. Slightly situational, though, as opposed to Feline Swiftness.
    I don't think he ever straight said any talent was always "better" plain out, just "baseline"

The idea that FS is *not* situational is silly, yes. There are many fights where you just stand still all the time, and many more where a movement speed increase gives you nothing of value.

But honestly your choice of lvl 15 talent is so unlikely to matter that caring much about it is pointless. Those few fights where it can matter the choice is usually obvious, and for the other 95% of encounters you can just pick your favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Im sorry but after you said feline swiftness is better than wild charge I quit reading this "guide".

Perhaps you should read further, so you don't go on to make a post based on something you pulled entirely out of context. Like you just did.

First of all, this is not a guide—the word 'guide' wasn't even mentioned anywhere in this thread until you submitted your post. This is a thread for discussing soloing as a druid.

Furthermore, I never said Feline Swiftness is better than Wild Charge. I said it's a very nice talent to have as baseline, as it passively increases your running speed. Wild Charge can be more useful than Feline Swiftness, certainly, but those situations belong more to the rarities. The discussion found in the initial post is my opinion, and I seldom find Wild Charge to be of good use—something I seem to not be alone in. If you prefer Wild Charge over Feline Swiftness, then there is nothing preventing you from going that route. It's probably not any more situational than Feline Swiftness is as far as boss encounters go, but overall I would go with Feline Swiftness, as it decreases time running around by quite a stretch, switching to Wild Charge wherever I find it to be beneficial.

For such a short post, you sure have it stuffed with erroneous assumptions you pulled from who-knows-where. I also think disapproving of an entire thread because my opinion on a tier of talents that bears next to no significance differs from yours is a little silly.

I've honestly got into the habit of using Displacer Beast for soloing stuff. While it's situationally good for things like popping Magma Traps on Rag (I got sick of pathing errors using anything else and dying from the fall), it's good for making distance in a pinch or getting to a location quickly w/o relying on the presence of a mob. Most things where I'd use Wild Charge I can use Skull Bash instead. Only downside is that you have to leave Bear Form... maybe one day I won't have to!

...could also be that I'm too lazy to switch back and forth between FS and DB, so I just stick to DB.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

OP should include notes for Salyis' Warband, Sha of Anger, Oondasta, Nalak, Elegon, Horridon, and Ji-kun as dropping mounts.

And speaking of those bosses, what gear was Elegon done with at 100? I mostly still have my SoO gear but I have yet to do Nagrand or buy the tournament gear to enter heroic dungeons. Was going to attempt this after I get back home just to see if it's doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did Elegon in mostly my SoO gear (588 with a smattering of 600+ pieces from Nagrand). Wasn't too bad, fight boils down as such:

1. Pop Incarnation at the start and burn Elegon to 85%. If you need the healing, save Nature's Vigil for 10+ stacks. Goal is to only have 2 Protector adds spawn.
    2. Finish off Protectors and reset stacks. Try not to use Stampeding Roar for this.
    3. Stand slightly to the left/right of Elegon for orbs. Use Thrash immediately as they spawn, then move to other side to Thrash those. Usually took 3 Thrashes to get them all.
    4. Need to get at least 5 orb waves per transition, any fewer and phase 3 hurts a lot sub-15%.
    5. Transition is easy enough, draw it out if you need cds to reset.
    6. Phase 2 is a simpler Phase 1 depending on how many orb waves you got. I only had 1 Protector spawn.
    7. Phase 3, as previously mentioned, was the hardest part of the fight. I had to cycle Barkskin and my Survival Instincts cds before the fight ended, and 5 more seconds would have killed me. This was due to screwing up 2nd set of orb waves. Would definitely recommend saving Nature's Vigil for 10+ stacks.

1: Take FoN.
    2: Reset stacks whenever you feel like it.
    3: ????
    4: Loot!

Elegon's immobile, so he'll turn and hit treants if you move away. This was how surviving Elegon was easy even at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    1: Take FoN.
    2: Reset stacks whenever you feel like it.
    3: ????
    4: Loot!

Elegon's immobile, so he'll turn and hit treants if you move away. This was how surviving Elegon was easy even at 90.
    Never actually used Force of Nature before so now I feel stupid. Still, glad to know I can solo on two characters rather than just one. Going to wait for my Warrior to get to 100 before trying to do so on him.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I've honestly got into the habit of using Displacer Beast for soloing stuff. While it's situationally good for things like popping Magma Traps on Rag (I got sick of pathing errors using anything else and dying from the fall), it's good for making distance in a pinch or getting to a location quickly w/o relying on the presence of a mob.
    Or Morchok's Stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    OP should include notes for Salyis' Warband, Sha of Anger, Oondasta, Nalak, Elegon, Horridon, and Ji-kun as dropping mounts.
    I will. I just haven't got around to adding notes to Mists content yet. Been busy leveling and doing what most people do when a new expansion is released.

Deleted
    I'm finding Elegon as Balance a challenge now, I'm at 619ilvl and I feel like my burst damage is just too low compared to level 90 to get him to 85% before getting overwhelmed by the damage. Might go back when I've got some better gear, but right now it's impossible to gear up with all the server problems.

Might try it as Guardian, but it's annoying that neck and rings (including the legendary quest ring) don't change stats when you change spec.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm finding Elegon as Balance a challenge now, I'm at 619ilvl and I feel like my burst damage is just too low compared to level 90 to get him to 85% before getting overwhelmed by the damage. Might go back when I've got some better gear, but right now it's impossible to gear up with all the server problems.

Might try it as Guardian, but it's annoying that neck and rings (including the legendary quest ring) don't change stats when you change spec.
    Slightly similar story with a different boss: H25 Ultraxion is actually harder for me to kill at lvl 100. I haven't made a full kitty WoD set, so I thought "why not just use my mastery-heavy Guardian gear for kitty? 640 ilvl should be enough."... did less DPS than I did with my 588 SoO crit kitty gear. Still managed to kill it, and the survival portion is a joke now, but I was hoping crit didn't matter that much!

For what it's worth, H25 Warmaster was a bit more annoying since removing that heal absorption debuff takes ages now. Ended up just waiting for the fight to end and spammed HT to remove it, although my HP got a bit lower than I would've liked.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Killed Elegon as Balance with 631ilvl (with 2 terribad trinkets), it's all about surviving until 85% then making sure you get as many orb waves as possible. I ran with Incarnation NV & BoP (figured the increased dot damage made up for less time on Elegon to get the orbs or to heal).

Ji'kun downed using the same talents, pretty much the same as at 90 except not as much self healing required.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-11-24 at 03:09 PM.

It sucks but for Balance damage has almost gone down due to losing the haste/mastery from full Siege gear. Though hopefully by the time we are Highmaul geared it will be all good again (and of course we take a lot less damage due to being L100).

Did 10m Normal Elegon as feral 641ilvl, Used Cenarion ward/Incarnation/Bloodtalons/NV for talents.. fairly simple just had a Bloodtalon thrash ready for when the adds come up to clear a side quickly... Killed it with like 5 or 6 stacks?