Thread: why the hell...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

why the hell...

...blizz do not give us cps on our portriat with new changes in current patch (like monks having from start of mop if I am sure) instead cps still stayed on traget ???

Deleted
    Yes, they didn't bother updating default UI. However, addons using UnitPower("player", 4) instead of GetComboPoints() can get around it now and display CP properly without target selected.

EDIT: also, releveant twitter discussion: https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/524275872400822273
    Last edited by mmoc690e711bc5; 2014-10-30 at 12:20 PM.

Because they're not actually on us; the description reads 'shared between all targets.'

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    Yes, they didn't bother updating default UI. However, addons using UnitPower("player", 4) instead of GetComboPoints() can get around it now and display CP properly without target selected.

EDIT: also, releveant twitter discussion: https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/524275872400822273
    Reading that discussion: Are we the only class where Blizzard cares about "it's been like this for years"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    Because they're not actually on us; the description reads 'shared between all targets.'
    This sums it rather well. Not much more to add onto it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    I think at this point it's splitting hairs about wording. Yes I know about bugs with disappearing CPs, but having levelled to 100 on beta and participated in almost all raid testing so far I didn't really experience these bugs much. With proper addon CPs really feel and act like they're on a rogue now.

use elvui, it is amazing for such stuff <3

Quote Originally Posted by talyaa View Post
    use elvui, it is amazing for such stuff <3
    elvui still just shows combo points on your target, the exact same as the default blizzard UI does.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    I think at this point it's splitting hairs about wording. Yes I know about bugs with disappearing CPs, but having levelled to 100 on beta and participated in almost all raid testing so far I didn't really experience these bugs much. With proper addon CPs really feel and act like they're on a rogue now.
    Have you not done SMBG? They disappear every time the worm boss submerges. Tectus? They disappear when he splits. Mythic Ko'ragh? They sometimes disappear when an MC target goes friendly again (same thing on Garrosh and Dark Shaman Trash). They still disappear when Immerseus submerges and sometimes when the pandas on Spoils die.

Yeah, this behavior is fairly rare and what we have now is better than before. However, does holy power ever disappear? Chi? Shadow orbs? Embers? Soul shards? Why should combo points?

elvui still just shows combo points on your target, the exact same as the default blizzard UI does.
    ElvUI already had it on player though, it was removed because it was fairly glitchy (constant hiding/showing) though UnitPower API should make this work properly from what im reading.

Personally i hate the combo points on the target.
    The constant hiding/showing is insane, i don't know how people can stand this.
    I played rogue from Classic till MoP and personally if they redesign the UI and stick it on the Player frame? Perfect, couldn't give a damn about how iconic it is, it's a shit design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Have you not done SMBG? They disappear every time the worm boss submerges. Tectus? They disappear when he splits. Mythic Ko'ragh? They sometimes disappear when an MC target goes friendly again (same thing on Garrosh and Dark Shaman Trash). They still disappear when Immerseus submerges and sometimes when the pandas on Spoils die.

Yeah, this behavior is fairly rare and what we have now is better than before. However, does holy power ever disappear? Chi? Shadow orbs? Embers? Soul shards? Why should combo points?
    Obviously they should not. I consider these bugs and sadly I have no faith in blizzard to fix them fast. As for your examples, I don't remember most of them (did SMBG only once), but I killed normal Tectus yesterday and the day before and I didn't have problems with CP disappearing. On spoils I usually target something else already when pandas are about to die, so I don't observe the problems but I believe they might be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    No. There is a difference. CP are still on the target, not player. Its just shared. Chi, Embers, Soul shards, orbs etc are on the player.

When I started playing after the patch I didn't even notice anything changed (was doing the blasted lands quest). Then I remembered that it should be live now and... I agree that it's annoying but it's not too bad. CPs disappearing on certain targets during a boss fight is a bug, not something wrong with the new system. I Guess they could give us a CP bar beneath the place where the enemy portrait is, in the standard UI (moveable, just like the portraits). That way they're still at the enemy portrait but they're trackable all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soryks View Post
    No. There is a difference. CP are still on the target, not player. Its just shared. Chi, Embers, Soul shards, orbs etc are on the player.
    ...that's exactly the point Squirl is making directly before your quoted section. It's bizarre and awkward that the one, original basis for the new resources (combo points and its variants - HoPo, Chi, Embers, Shards, SOrbs) retains a mechanic which is unneeded and a bit of a "noob trap." It's not an exciting marker of a good player to figure out which enemies will "vanish" rather than "die" and manage CP around them, when every CP-based-resource class besides rogue/feral does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I agree that it's annoying but it's not too bad. CPs disappearing on certain targets during a boss fight is a bug, not something wrong with the new system.
    A bug that has been in the game for literally ever. And that was supposed to be fixed by EXACTLY THIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nicer mechanically if they were on the rogue. I guess Blizzard CBA to change it, though? Or maybe they're scared to after 10 years of them being on the target.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Wow, how original.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    It'd be nicer mechanically if they were on the rogue. I guess Blizzard CBA to change it, though? Or maybe they're scared to after 10 years of them being on the target.
    I've always assumed it's because it's part of the coding for the rogue class itself (as opposed to a small feature that can be changed), so modifying it would require recoding part of rogue's core coding, and they don't want to have to deal with the potential bugs.

But I'm also of the opinion that the CP change was originally just a bug in an early alpha build that they decided to go with as a "feature".
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-11-02 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soryks View Post

At first I also thought that combo points were still on the target but then I realized you don't need a target to do premed + snd.

Maybe after all combo points are really on rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi168 View Post
    At first I also thought that combo points were still on the target but then I realized you don't need a target to do premed + snd.

Maybe after all combo points are really on rogue.
    I noticed today that i can premed without range too...