Thread: Priest Memories

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember shielding myself, putting shadow word pain on the mob and wanding (with improved wand talent of course).

Mind controlling horde (I was alliance then) and buffing them with fortitude or spirit with ensuing puzzled emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmayo View Post
    - Asinine talents in order to get to better talents in the tree. Like 'wand specialization'. I miss a more involved talent system for sure but some were just completely stupid.
    Hey now, don't be dissing Wand Spec. It was the best and fastest way to level, by far. In vanilla/BC (and up to sometime mid-WOTLK), Enchanting-made wands were super OP because they had way higher damage than equivalent level wands. They had about as much damage as wands 10 levels higher than them, and at lower levels, they often did more DPS than your spells, all without using any mana!

So instead of OOMing and drinking every 2 mobs, you could just bubble, pain, and wand to mob to death to achieve almost 0 downtime. Mage could do it as well. Good times...

Those are the kinds of things that I loved about vanilla/BC. OP enchanting wands, fun/quirky spells like Mind Soothe, downranking, priest racial spells...really good times.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    also miss how in tbc you could mind control most mobs in the dungeons and cast the enemies buffs onto your party.
    Yep, I remember doing that in BRD; MC'ing the healer dark iron dwarves and using them to heal the group. :P
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-10-31 at 03:18 AM.

The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I remember one of the low level wands from Blackfathom Depths (Graveyard Scepter?) was extremly powerful, pretty much being a late 20's blue wand you could obtain as a quest reward before level 20. Combined with wand specialization it would hit like a truck and work great for lvl19 priest twinks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Baron 45 minutes run successfully healed on my lvl56 priest back in vanilla. That was so fun.
    Leveling 60-70 as surge of light holy spec at BC release. It was a bit painful but when SoL procced back-to-back, mobs died in seconds.
    First successful ZA Bear run in BC where I was the mana battery and MC guy.
    These were the days!

Guest raiding Onyxia with the server top guild in vanilla and seeing a shadow priest top the meters. As horde. Just wow. If you know what I mean. That maintank made me roll a warrior, so maybe this is offtopic here.

Deleted
    I dont really play my priest much anymore but leveling him up in BC was a long nightmarish pain. But damn if it wasent rewarding finally getting shadowform and being feeling like you actually could do something now even though it was only a slight increase in leveling time. Also undead shadow priests look freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinath View Post
    I dont really play my priest much anymore but leveling him up in BC was a long nightmarish pain. But damn if it wasent rewarding finally getting shadowform and being feeling like you actually could do something now even though it was only a slight increase in leveling time. Also undead shadow priests look freaking awesome.
    yeah levelling as holy in bc would be my wow nightmare. drink every third mob, pull very carefully so i wouldn't have to fight more than i could handle (2+ mobs!). also didn't help that i was a noob and every single point went sequentially into holy. even the crap talents. i had them all! i nearly wet myself with happiness when i found the respec npc and took meditation out for a spin
    somebody call for d doctor?

Speccing into Divine spirit to boost the raid in ways that werent possible for any other - not like these days where half the classes can provide stamina (and more at the same time)

Speccing into reduced threat - because healing aggro was real, even with blessing of salvation (back when that was even a blessing)

Ohh the good old days...

For Molten Core we sometimes mind controlled an NPC in BRS to get a fire resistance buff. It was a real pain in the butt to buff a 40-person raid that way so it was only on progression (e.g. Ragnaros at first) I think.

Did Anathema/Benediction originally lose its enchant when you transformed it? Or am I imagining that.

Edit: Wanding the boss for mana return thru Judgment of Wisdom.

Deleted
    Making a decent amount of gold from our dps warrior by buffing him first with the buff from the MC mobs on Mount Hyjal trash in TBC. Then patch 3.0(I think) and finally getting an AOE spell was a real blessing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabrinka View Post

Edit: Wanding the boss for mana return thru Judgment of Wisdom.
    Yea lol, the blue icon with stars popping up good stuff!

Improved wand for leveling

The simplicity had its own kind of charm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss mind control the most. I was a complete douchbag with it, but still. The classic shadowmeld at the bottom of the chain to MC, and casting it (when casting didn't break stealth) and making Horde swim to their death in lava. What was even better was Blood Venom Post in Felwood (for some reason I remember that place having a different name pre-Cata). Felwood was one of the best places to farm herbs, and tubers or something else, so it was a pretty busy place back then. Anyways, as soon as Horde landed, you could mind control them, and jump them to their death off the cliff into Darkshore. At best, they actually survived, and had to mount up and run all the way from Darkshore, into Ashenvale, and back up to Felwood, which wasn't easy for horde with Astranaar in the centre. If they died, they had to corpse run the same way (at regular walk speed back then), or take rez sickness and mount and run (repairs were a big deal back then as gold was harder to come by), or burn their hearth, which was on a 1hr CD. Using MC around neutral cities and running them back into the guards was pretty good times too. Lastly, running into an air ship and jumping them off it before zoning was also a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Hey now, don't be dissing Wand Spec. It was the best and fastest way to level, by far. In vanilla/BC (and up to sometime mid-WOTLK), Enchanting-made wands were super OP because they had way higher damage than equivalent level wands. They had about as much damage as wands 10 levels higher than them, and at lower levels, they often did more DPS than your spells, all without using any mana!

So instead of OOMing and drinking every 2 mobs, you could just bubble, pain, and wand to mob to death to achieve almost 0 downtime. Mage could do it as well. Good times...

Those are the kinds of things that I loved about vanilla/BC. OP enchanting wands, fun/quirky spells like Mind Soothe, downranking, priest racial spells...really good times.

Yep, I remember doing that in BRD; MC'ing the healer dark iron dwarves and using them to heal the group. :P
    Don't forget when Wand Spec stacked in a way that wanding was incredibly strong. I think it worked such that if you had all 5 points in it, you would get 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% increased damage all stacking. I don't remember if it added it to make 75% increased damage, or the percentages multiplied it even higher. Even after the fix/nerf, it was still the best way to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabrinka View Post
    Did Anathema/Benediction originally lose its enchant when you transformed it? Or am I imagining that.
    Yes, it did. I would imagine not too many people really had the weapon before it got fixed though.

Blizzard has ham over eyes. Anyone?

Having a blue Spirit weapon (Soulkeeper) besides Benediction, with Spirit enchant, and changing to it to regen Mana when I was oom/did a regen pause.

Deleted
    Pretty much the same I miss in shamans..being able to fulfill an important role as support in raids as dps...back when each class had their use instead of everybody bitching about being top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.
    Honestly, this! The old Mind Flay animation that looked just like Mana Drain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Being the first Alliance Priest on my server to get Benediction was quite the experience. Doing that quest and farming for my Eye of Shadow with guildies since Kazzak was on lockdown by Horde guilds (Curse you Elitist Jerks! :P). I also had a lot of fun PvPing with my Rogue friends in BRM, MC'ing people into the lava, or jumping in myself to save myself since I could heal/survive the swim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I was forced to use it for Garrosh *sniffs* cause they couldn't see the malice circle *sobs*.

Sometimes I miss my light blue Mind Flay too.. but what an awesome moment, when I could have ravens around me *must have glyph all the time*. Shadowform makes everything better, except spectral mounts. But who needs them anyway!

Mana Burn, base-line MC, Archangel being a CD and not a glyph...

and above all else... BLACKOUT BABY! This shouldve come back with the new talents and taken the place of Dominate Mind (a similar version, not the spam 1 button until it stuns version lol)