View Poll Results: How do you feel about your class/main going into WoD?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • Feel great, enjoy all the changes/additions to my class

27 21.26%
  • Its ok, cant complain..waiting til 100 to see how it pans out

56 44.09%
  • a little underwhelming but ill deal with it

30 23.62%
  • I don't like anything at all and plan to reroll something else

7 5.51%
  • Already rerolled to a different class and loving it

7 5.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to get back into tanking on my DK in raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a Monk I already enjoyed my class before, haven't had enough time to get sick of it and the core of my 2 specs (BM/WW) are still pretty much completely intact. Bonus points for Guard/BoF perks and FoF improvements. Only thing I could really complain about is losing Clash.

As for my alts that I've looked into:

Hunter (first and previous main): Only touched SV so far, feels weird not having manual serpent sting, hunters mark, AotH, Kill Shot and a non-talented major CD. I do like the improvements to trap launcher and MD though.

DK: Only really played Blood before. The changes to our use of Blood Runes are throwing me off a little, mainly due to the whole blood boil on single target thing. Death Coil is also redundant as hell outside of proccing T60 talents until you get the levelling perk. Multistrike's benefit (extra RP) just feels like a mix of haste & crit that targets the other side of your resources, hardly interesting. I do like the new Rune Tap though (will pretty much use it like I use Guard on my Monk) and instant AotD though.
    Last edited by Radio; 2014-10-31 at 04:26 AM.

Mage felt boring at first, but with the incoming changes as you level to 100, things should be just fine. I can see where they are going with everything, raiding will reward planning, positioning, strategy and skill level alot more than class comp/CD stacking etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to my prot warrior, gladiator stance sounds awesome. Downside is that with Arms and Fury players being upset at the current state of their specs, there will probably be a glut of gladiator stance warriors competing for my tank equipment :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Looking forward to my prot warrior, gladiator stance sounds awesome. Downside is that with Arms and Fury players being upset at the current state of their specs, there will probably be a glut of gladiator stance warriors competing for my tank equipment :-/
    Glad Warriors still use DPS trinkets though, correct? And wouldn't gear sharing not be an issue due to the WoD changes to loot, aside from the pieces that have bonus armor on them, which Glad Warriors use as well?

I guess it would suck if a DPS Warrior needed on a Shield for his "Glad set".
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Really wish i could post like a Mortal Kombat song or whatever to just reinforce a point of hype.

But then i realize that the mechanics for my class (fury warr) - are shallow and kind of redundant.

So, i will see how things pan out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is great right now. Combo points are no longer lost when switching targets, which feels amazing. I no longer have to waste energy spamming tricks...it's just for threat now. Ambush can be used from any angle, and Backstab can basically be used from every angle except the very front, which is awesome and something I've wanted for SO FREAKING LONG. I remember wishing for that exact change in like BC. That long ago.

Plus, I love that they trimmed down our abilities. Shadow Blades was just dumb. It's just a button you press...do more damage...bleh. You basically macro'd it into Adrenaline Rush and proceeded to forget its existence. Glad it's gone. Dismantle was fun, I will miss disarming mobs while soloing, but honestly I'm glad disarm effects are being removed. I don't really like the climate they created in pvp (forcing everyone to buy a weapon chain, basically). Redirect was removed because it's not needed with the new combo point system, and i'm so happy. I hated it so much. Having to constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, redirect my cps in a dungeon was a drag. Shadow Walk was removed...so glad...it was useless...I should never have to stealth harder...I'm a fucking rogue I should be stealthing as hard as possible always. I don't need a cooldown to make my stealth better for a short duration...that was just a dumb ability.

Level 100 talents look kind of dumb though. I expect I'll be swapping those around quite often considering some are clearly better for single target, while others are better for multi-target. It's always annoying to me having to consternate over every fight wondering which ability will be best for certain encounters, and then feeling screwed if/when I don't pick the right one.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2014-10-31 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I can't wait to use Gladiator Stance at 100, it brings me back to the days where I went Protection in PvP during Wrath and the early half of Cata.
    I'm exciting about this as well, and leveled my warrior pretty quick last week, for this reason.

Elemental Shaman. Pretty much the same, but going back to being a pylon feels weird and earthquake being taken out briefly (which everyone originally wanted) to being brought back permanently sucks. Most people that main elemental seem to be in agreement that the spell should have stayed gone. So you can see why sometimes people feel Blizzard doesn't listen. Don't mean that in a mean way, just that the consensus is that it feels very out of place. We'll see what happens moving forward though. Things are always being changed in this game when it comes to classes and specs, so we shall see what happens down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad Warriors still use DPS trinkets though, correct? And wouldn't gear sharing not be an issue due to the WoD changes to loot, aside from the pieces that have bonus armor on them, which Glad Warriors use as well?

I guess it would suck if a DPS Warrior needed on a Shield for his "Glad set".
    That's what it's sounding like. Gladiators are designed to use the same equipment Prot warriors use, except maybe for trinkets (and that'll still depend on stats... if there's Bonus Armor on it, you bet they want that shit.) So you're going to run into DPS competing with tanks over the same gear, which is going to be a pain in the ass in LFR/Flex.

I very, very strongly disagree with making Gladiator Stance designed to be competitive with Arms and Fury for DPS. I feel like it should be a tool for making dungeons, solo content, PvP etc more fun and varied, not a third DPS spec. But that's water under the bridge.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to use Gladiator Stance at 100, it brings me back to the days where I went Protection in PvP during Wrath and the early half of Cata.
    Been doing that shit since vanilla, man. Isle of Quel'danas was great as Prot, people underestimated you so much and then sat there and wondered wtf happened to them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    My main character is an enhancement shaman and I'm a little underwhelmed and hopefully I'll be able to deal with it. I'm really hoping that at 100 it'll be a lot better because right now it's not really working for me anymore.

A bit concerned because of the recent Arms Warrior nerf, I really don't want to have to play the current Fury Warrior if it ends up the best and Gladiator is not even an option for me. I'm happy with Arms if it manages to be able to compete in PvE though.

Deleted
    Even though the developers have next to know clue about anything they're doing with the DPS Specs of Warriors, I'll probably still main one. If it turns out they're not finished taking a dump on what little resemblance to a 'Warrior' the class has left I can play most classes effectively.

It's just a case of playing a class I can enjoy, so it'd be Rogue/Enhance/Hunter... But we'll see.

Deleted
    Sticking with my hunter.
    Ended up well after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mains a Prot Warrior and I'm enjoying it.

I was going to level a healer to have as an alt for WoD but now I've got no clue what to pick as my healer class.

Deleted
    i'm confused about my faction

alliance garrison > horde garrison but my horde main has the best guild in the world and i wouldn't want to miss it.

Been trying lots of other classes, but nothing beats Windwalker even though Blizzard have made the spec less fun and didn't give us our ToT mastery back . I really don't like any of the level 100 talents, which is kinda unfortunate.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I used to play a hunter in MoP and enjoyed pvp. Well hunters are boned at pvp in wod so it was time to pick something else.

Feral druid...Nah, they got like a million keys (I'm probably not exagerating) and their forms look like crap.
    Ret paladin...Nah, leveled one to 63 and got bored.
    Sub rogue...Nah, about as many keys and gimicks as feral druid and I found it annoying to play.
    Assassination rogue...Nah, I got as bored as when playing ret pala.
    Gladiator stance warrior...Yes, it's on the table for WoD.
    Unholy dk...Yes, probably my new main. Had some issues with Blood Tap but after I practiced it quite a bit, I kinda got it down and is not as annoying to use after all.

Deleted
    Was planning on playing Warrior, but post-patch rotations are so god damned boring I haven't logged on since the patch hit.
    I think I might perhaps go for feral druid. Maybe a hunter. Dunno, but the warrior is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first, I felt like I was hit by a wildshot on my Holy Paladin. Limping and whimpering till I started moving in speed again, getting up to what felt like a good handling, just need to experience the mana handling of WoD - for now I seem to be pleased.

As for my druid, he's been a little too lucky with Thrash, I expect some knife at that ability soon but else it felt good at handling.

Overall, I'm fine. Rest of my alts are just mindless slaves for my restless brain or professions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..