Deleted

Question Why do people buy the same enchant twice?

Have you noticed when you sell enchants, and you're in a biggish realm people often buy a bunch of them for their own use? It's not resetting or anything like that since they may do it even in a hell of a lot of enchants and they just get 2 or 3 of them. It doesn't look like a mistake either.

I guess it's just for "use later", right?

Though I see little point.

Deleted
    I have noticed this

I thought it was user error at first but then noticed it more and more, I attribute it to stockpiling or people who don't scan very often thinking the enchant is a bargain and buying an extra. Or its user error through a clunky AH addon

Most likely you're posting them under AH average, so its good business sense to buy low. They may be anticipating getting another piece soon, have an alt that needs enchants, or simply be looking to toss it back on the AH at a higher price.

Maybe they're buying for a couple of toons / specs at once. I've done that before.

Just being lazy and not wanting to get mats to do the enchant themselves, and it may be a cheap enchant where they know they'll be replacing that piece soon anyway but don't want their gear to stay unenchanted.

Could be possible that they have different sets of gear. I also tend to buy multiple enchants of the same type if I see them being really cheap and I know I will have to enchant a new piece of gear later on. (Say a new PvP set comes out)

Deleted
    I do it on chars that I haven't played in a while when I guess I will upgrade quickly. Sometimes my time (not relogging to enchanter etc) is worth more than the ingame gold to me.
    It's players that have the gold to just not care mostly. I guess.

Indeed, probably to use later. Perhaps they were also a fairly decent price so they figured they would stock up in case they went up in price again.

My main (and even some of my alts) has always had absolutely everything on-hand at all times from several of each gem to a full set of enchants. When I get a new item, I'm ready to go asap without having to go to town or alt hop to get my shit together. Now that reforging is removed, provided the item is not a tier token, I can instantly equip the new upgrade and contribute more to the raid instantaneously. It's not a bad habit.

I usually do it to have one on backup.

Could be people who buy the lowest-price enchants with the intention of reselling them higher?