Page 1 of 285
1
2
3
11
51
101
... LastLast
  1. #1

    "Eye of Azshara" Trademark appears

    BlizzCon is a week away, so it's that time of year again for potentially fraudulent trademarks and fake leaks! This time, courtesy of the TMView trademark database. Not only has Blizzard been using the last few weeks to ensure they have the trademarks to 'Overwatch' in all regions, but a new one has appeared called 'Eye of Azshara', registered in the Benelux trademark office on the 27th of October.









    http://imgur.com/a/uCiib

    The most likely thing is a Hearthstone expansion, bug I figured I'd post it here anyway due to it's obviously Warcraft nature. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Deleted
    Keeping my fingers crossed that it's the new WOW expansion. Do we know what overwatch is?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlee View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed that it's the new WOW expansion. Do we know what overwatch is?
    Nobody knows. It's been in the trademark databases for awhile so it's probably real, but there's no certain answer on that.

    A WoW expansion being announced before the previous one was even releases is very unlikely.

  4. #4
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?

  5. #5
    Deleted
    Hoping it's the next WoW expansion. Certainly it can only be that or a hoax. Certainly I'm not seeing it anywhere but here, so I'm a bit skeptical.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Nobody knows. It's been in the trademark databases for awhile so it's probably real, but there's no certain answer on that.

    A WoW expansion being announced before the previous one was even releases is very unlikely.
    Not necessarily; keep in mind that they have said they may be doing 2-tier expansions from now on and pushing xpacs at a rate of one a year or so. If they did that, seeing it announced at Blizzcon is not outside the realm of possibility.

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    21,320
    Hmmmm, from one side it makes sense. On the other - how will they fit orcs into this ?

    But i really wonder *if* its true, will it be more underwater or more island centered.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Huntardicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Nobody knows. It's been in the trademark databases for awhile so it's probably real, but there's no certain answer on that.

    A WoW expansion being announced before the previous one was even releases is very unlikely.
    I doubt it'd really be a WoW expansion, but if it was it'd play hand in hand with the fact they wanna close the gap between expansions.

  9. #9
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?
    "I've got my eye on you" is a perfectly correct phrase. Sometimes eye is just used in the singular like that.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    4,125
    OH BOY, HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

    No seriously, just a few days from Blizzcon this appears, I can only fathom the amount of theories that will appear on this site henceforth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?
    The first thing that comes to my mind is the idea of a crystal of sorts, in a necklace/talisman, with some powers to it.

    As in, if some sea entity would have a sapphire or something like that which gives him powers (like Garry with the heart), they could call the jewel Eye of Azshara.


    ...and I just realized I've contributed to the "theories" i spoke of...
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2014-11-01 at 03:00 PM.

  12. #12
    Immortal Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?
    Its probably like "eye of the storm" or "eye of the hurricane".

    So if true you can probably expect a massive hurricane she summons to something like that.

  13. #13
    If Blizzard sticks to it's word, it's probably Legion because they said WoD will lead into the next Expansion as MoP did.

    MoP last tier -> Shitload of Orcs

    WoD last tier -> Orcs + Legion

  14. #14
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?
    It would probably be some kind of maelstrom, like the "Eye of Azshara" is the name given to the swirling waters marking the entrance to her realm, or whatever?

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    BlizzCon is a week away, so it's that time of year again for potentially fraudulent trademarks and fake leaks! This time, courtesy of the TMView trademark database. Not only has Blizzard been using the last few weeks to ensure they have the trademarks to 'Overwatch' in all regions, but a new one has appeared called 'Eye of Azshara', registered in the Benelux trademark office on the 27th of October.
    The most likely thing is a Hearthstone expansion, bug I figured I'd post it here anyway due to it's obviously Warcraft nature. Thoughts?
    The current theory on the next Hearthstone expansion is that it is Mechanical based (i.e. Gnomes and Goblins, see Heartpwn for information). I don't see Azshara fitting with that theme. It could be a TM for the expansion after that, but it seems way too early to be trademarking something when the previous trademark isn't known.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I doubt it'd really be a WoW expansion, but if it was it'd play hand in hand with the fact they wanna close the gap between expansions.
    I guess the next few WoW addons will be on Draenor, it is after all a whole new planet with lots of design-freedom (for examples zones like Shadowmoon/Zangarmarsh wouldn't work on Azeroth). With Warlords they 're'introduced also a lot of new and old characters which they can expand on.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    The current theory on the next Hearthstone expansion is that it is Mechanical based (i.e. Gnomes and Goblins, see Heartpwn for information). I don't see Azshara fitting with that theme. It could be a TM for the expansion after that, but it seems way too early to be trademarking something when the previous trademark isn't known.
    That speculation complicates things, but I just don't see what else it could be other than Hearthstone. The idea of a WoW expac being shown at this BlizzCon seems absurd when there's such a small demo booth for WoW at BlizzCon.

  18. #18
    Deleted
    Kudos to the detective works. This COULD be the name of a future expansion. Queen Azshara is 1) still alive and 2) the single biggest chance Sargeras has to finally get a hold on azeroth, short of an all out invasion from deep space.


    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    The first thing that comes to my mind is the idea of a crystal of sorts, in a necklace/talisman, with some powers to it.
    You don't file a trademark for an ingame item, not even an iconic one.

  19. #19
    In the deep recesses of my heart, I want it to be Warcraft 4.

  20. #20
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,272
    This actually fits to how I imagine the cross back from the Draenor timeline. Returning to our dear Azeroth with a little too many naga and murlocs at the border. Makes sense as both factions use a lot of time in Draenor, suddenly returning to see the Queen putting her gaze at the lands she once sought?

    And Kul'Tiras maybe at the distance *hopes*
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •