Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Some people are really investing themselves into this. Its like Dark Blow all over again.
    I don't know what it is with those people, or what they do with their time in between hype train splurges.

Choo choo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    didn't blizzard do this with basically every expansion though? have a small team working towards the one after next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    So they don't have the time to put Farahlon in WoD, Taanan Jungle is still empty (last I checked), and we still have 2-3 patches for WoD, but they're already working on the next expansion's zones?

I'd really like a link if someone could find one.

"in production" meaning?
    Thanks for the quote. I'd find it ridiculous if they're already doing terrain for the next expansion when ^ those points are valid, but *shrug*
    Exact quote from gameplanet:
    Q: How far out do you plan content and think ahead?

Chilton: We are already in progress with our next expansion. We already have zones in production for it. Our next expansion after that, we have a couple of different options that we’ll be choosing between over the next several months. Beyond that, there are about six or seven different ideas for expansions that we can take elements of and say, ‘You know what? Let’s take that and put it in this one for our next expansion after the next one.’ Or we might shift the timelines around from what we originally envisioned. There’s easily 10 years worth of stuff that we can draw from – more, really.
    Holy shit listening to chilton can be exhausting.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2014-11-02 at 02:21 PM.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/270209602

am laffin.

While I'm pretty doubtful of anything I read on 4chan, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this happen. From a game design standpoint, it would make sense, but this community would rage so hard...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalas View Post

am laffin.

While I'm pretty doubtful of anything I read on 4chan, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this happen. From a game design standpoint, it would make sense, but this community would rage so hard...
    I acutally would like something like an alternative advancement and more "low level" content as alternative ways to level characters with added high level content in these and other zones. While I also doubt it, if we only get a 2 tier expansion they could actually do something like this.

Deleted
    Ok, say Eye of Azshara is the next expansion. How does it tie into the story? We go from alternate-past Draenor back to Azeroth and then?
    What about the Burning Legion? People swore we were going to fight them after MoP, and they're around in Draenor, so do they get shelved again for Azshara?
    My speculation is that Gul'dan brings the AU!Legion to Azeroth. The expansion has Azshara and Gul'dan sharing the villain role, and focuses on finding the remains of the Tomb of Sargeras. Azshara tries to manipulate both the Old Gods and the Legion to take power for herself.

Deleted
    Maybe the goblins engineer a secret weapon and call it the eye of azshara?

am laffin.

Honestly the only thing I don't like about that is Illidan coming back. But meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Honestly the only thing I don't like about that is Illidan coming back. But meh.
    Highborne on Alliance side makes very little sense. And I don't see where alternate universe Illidan would all of a sudden come from at the end of WoD.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

am laffin.

All of that post is literally word for word everything the community has been gushing over and openly theory crafting since the The Dark Below fiasco.

Deleted

am laffin.

going to go with fake on this one.

first iwould love to hear how the naga join the horde, and laugh that alliance get the most boring race possible
    secondly, theres no link between AU draenor and AU azeroth, and without the shadow council opening the portal on the draenor side, medivh would never open it on the azeroth side, so i don't see where illidan would come from. and thirdly there is no chance blizzard would release the expansion and keep the level cap at 100, if i am wrong next week please somebody quote me on it, but keeping the level cap at 100 would be so amazingly unpopular, blizzard would not even try it. what is more likely is a level squish, make azeroth like 1-30 and squish the rest the same, it would be pointless, but more likely than keeping level cap at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard did say before they would love to bring illidan back, and i would love to see them do it, but they would have to write in some way of AU azeroth opening a portal to AU draenor.

Deleted
    This is the one that caught my attention

Here's the big one - the one people will rage and rage and rage about. This is a two tier expansion with a max level of 100. That's right - there is no new level cap in Eye of Azshara. There is enough question in the new zones to get an 85 to 90, for players who skipped WoD, and there is alternate advancement for existing players that rewards augments to your skills and higher item level gear, but there is no actual increase in the level cap. The two tiers in Eye of Azshara accompany the two tiers in WoD to make up 4 tiers of level 100 raiding.
    Because I've been thinking about that a lot. I'm wondering if we're gonna see more level increases.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Something something "proof of burden"
    thanks for the links though

Blizzard has ALWAYS worked on the next expansion years in advance, while the 'current' one is either JUST released or even before a bit.
    Well yeah, I know that. But this would be the first time they'd have enough of the next expansion done to reveal it before the current is even close to being finished. Just kinda hard to believe, especially considering they played the "faster content" card before and it didn't work out well.

My speculation is that Gul'dan brings the AU!Legion to Azeroth. The expansion has Azshara and Gul'dan sharing the villain role, and focuses on finding the remains of the Tomb of Sargeras. Azshara tries to manipulate both the Old Gods and the Legion to take power for herself.
    Do we know what happens to Gul'dan after 6.0? Could be possible, would love to see the Tomb of Sargeras explored, but I doubt Khadgar would let Gul'dan escape (let alone into our timeline) and cause trouble again.

Deleted
    Do we know what happens to Gul'dan after 6.0? Could be possible, would love to see the Tomb of Sargeras explored, but I doubt Khadgar would let Gul'dan escape (let alone into our timeline) and cause trouble again.
    We don't, but it's safe to say that he will be causing more trouble down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    This is the one that caught my attention

Because I've been thinking about that a lot. I'm wondering if we're gonna see more level increases.
    Well if something like that post ever happens in WoW I wouldn't be mad about it since apparently it would have questing. But if it doesn't that would suck. I love to quest.

Deleted
    A lot of what is said on 4chan does make sense, but some of it sounds silly.

I think I saw at Blizzcon a few years back they won't add Naga's as races because of their lore and how they lack body components such as feet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well if something like that post ever happens in WoW I wouldn't be mad about it since apparently it would have questing. But if it doesn't that would suck. I love to quest.
    It depends on whether it has at least the same amount of zones and quests. But even then I don't want just two tiers of raiding per expansion. There are more WoD raids I want to see. I want an Arakkoa raid. I want to see Farahlon as a zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also one thing about Illidan - if he's really gonna join us from the alternate universe, they would have to spoil that when they show us Eye of Azshara, which would suck.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can never see Naga being a playable race. Ever.
    If that ever happens, I will buy a hat and eat it.

Not exactly sure how Naga would even factor into a playable race. If it were an Azshara expansion, surely the Naga would be one of the main enemies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    A lot of what is said on 4chan does make sense, but some of it sounds silly.

I think I saw at Blizzcon a few years back they won't add Naga's as races because of their lore and how they lack body components such as feet.
    I think High Elves as an Alliance race makes more sense than Highborne. The only Highborne left are basically the ones who already joined us or not? And they look like Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Even if this turned out to be the new WoW expansion, I will eat my hat if they announce it BEFORE WoD is at least released on 11/13/14. That would make zero sense from a business POV.
    Pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Even if this turned out to be the new WoW expansion, I will eat my hat if they announce it BEFORE WoD is at least released on 11/13/14. That would make zero sense from a business POV.
    Like I wrote before, if the plan is to release the next xpac a year after WoD, when and how would you announce it?